• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Request for moderator to indicate reason for ban.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.. big disappointment because it has captured a lot more childishness and the vindictiveness than it has robust but stimulating discourse.
..I've taken the hands off approach and allowed everyone to have their say no matter how disruptive and the forum has gone downhill as a result.
With the tightening of the screws the usual accusations of bias and victimisation have resurfaced.
Don't think it's your naivete. Your laissez-faire approach on content speaks volumes.
Didn't you also say this forum depicts sinkie's crass cross-section etc?
All the angst is not peculiar to this forum, so par for the course by net citizens elsewhere (big turn-off from my perspective).
If I may add, if you lay ground rules, transparent and are even handed, then we move on

holy cow....
BS, can't be that MS fellow right? Aren't you also the crown prince in waiting here? :p

Last edited:

TeamDrifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I guess I have been rather naive in the running of this forum. In many ways it has been a big disappointment because it has captured a lot more childishness and the vindictiveness than it has robust but stimulating discourse.

There is no easy solution. I've taken the hands off approach and allowed everyone to have their say no matter how disruptive and the forum has gone downhill as a result.

With the tightening of the screws the usual accusations of bias and victimisation have resurfaced.

I honestly have to rethink the whole concept given the fact that the whole political landscape has changed since the good old days.

Boss which of my post below deserved a permanent ban in this forum? Were any of my post childish, vindictive or disruptive. Or perhaps there are certain sacred feet we have to be aware of not to step please make clear as I will be more than happy to stay clear.

Can tell us where are these 3 places?

You didn't answer his question whether you are a simpleton.

It proves that our team is right in thinking about emigrating to Japan.

This is the favourite idiom of Narong Wongwan.

Why do you say that?

My prediction is quite close. Banzai!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I guess I have been rather naive in the running of this forum. In many ways it has been a big disappointment because it has captured a lot more childishness and the vindictiveness than it has robust but stimulating discourse.

There is no easy solution. I've taken the hands off approach and allowed everyone to have their say no matter how disruptive and the forum has gone downhill as a result.

I honestly have to rethink the whole concept given the fact that the whole political landscape has changed since the good old days.

Leongsam,

There are some forummers here putting in effort everyday to engender good debate or to air their pet peeves on hot topics of the day.

Or even just to TCSS which the forum also thrives on.

Your forum is currently the best avenue to do all these. I visit your forum exclusively as i can't get this level of in depth discussion anywhere else.

Tightening of the screws sends the message that it is unfair for the participants to be having a good chat going on only to be rudely interrupted by someone behaving like a foul mouth gay drunk. That will not stop the childishness or the flaming. After all didn't you say the forum reflects real life? The point is to tell those who want to defecate to do so in the right toilets and not over the head of some innocent threadstarter.

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some are obvious. Jah was disrupting a perfectly decent thread started by CKMPD and Rusty raised it. Tonychat disrupted another by calling RandomNexus a clone.

Oh please stop lying about things. His most recent ban he didn't disrupt any thread at all. It was his posting in this thread

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....ow-to-be-a-Tua-Pau-Xian&p=2442805#post2442805

that got him banned and it's not disrupting any thread at all since that thread is actually about you.

Also you got teamdrifter permbanned for posting this to you http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?229257-S-pore-invests-in-OZ-s-defence&p=2441955#post2441955 but i see he is now unbanned.

This proves that you are actually now in control some of admin account or have admin privileges and that you ban others based on some personal feud/vendetta which doesn't even border on being insulting or vulgar at all since jah was merely pointing out how you tried to put down chris kuan and say he doesn't know anything and how you got flamed by the rest of the members for trying to insult chris kuan but did not even have the means to say why he is wrong in this thread. http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?229246-Tharman-the-Language-of-Politics

Mind you Jah did not disrupt that thread because he posted about your gaffes in the other thread.

Again explain the double standards whereby your supporters like goldendragon/debonerman/jholmesjr/mojito and co are allowed to openly insult others but don't get banned.

This proves that you are actually the one responsible for the banning and yet you are not a moderator or an admin since you don't have those designations on your nick but you have access to an admin nick to ban others. This is not only insidious but just downright despicable because no one will know who banned them or go after the current admins or mods for example big sexy or leong sam. You also ban others due to your own personal vendettas with them and not because they disrupted any threads in which you have refused to tell the truth at all.

Jah has been exposing your postings and all the silly mistakes you have made all the tall tales, lies, inaccuracies etc. This isn't vulgar obviously since it doesn't involve family members, vulgar words etc but yet due to your small ego you could not take it and instead of debating with him telling him why he is wrong or at least admitting you made a mistake you took the down low method and simply banned him. How can you be a moderator or be in charge of running the forum when you are obviously not impartial but ban others due to something personal and it can be the smallest of reasons and yet allow other nicks who have obviously disrupted threads but who are your clone or on your side to ride roughshod over others? Then when others ask for the reason of members getting banned you refuse to tell the truth but make up lies to say why you banned them.

Also in case you think i was lying about teamdrifter here is the screenshot showing that he was perm banned with no reason given but unbanned later obviously to hide your biasness and impulsive banning of members who did not commit any thread disruptions. Here is the post why teamdrifter was originally banned again. http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?229257-S-pore-invests-in-OZ-s-defence&p=2441955#post2441955

TD.jpg

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is a suggestion to avoid over-moderation.

TS to use an emoticon to identify the thread as "serious" or similar and it automatically becomes a red zone and clear rules apply. We get the part that the Cafe folder is popular and should be free from rules except spamming and such. We know that it is the most viewed folder and most people don't bother going into the other folders. Attempts to move serious thread to the appropriate folder in the past has also failed. Threads marked serious may require early moderation but eventually people should understand the rules and accept sanctions for not following the rules.

Not sure if vBulletin is able to colour the background of threads and subsequent posts if the TS labels it accordingly so that members can readily identify it as covered by rules that come with sanctions. If newbies and past vets see order of some sort, they might be back.

I think we all know why this forum was so popular amongst Singaporeans and feared by the PAP in the early years. That capability is still here.

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe only Big Sexy and Leongsam have the power of ban.

Yup and also members with access to their account or a shadow admin account that doesn't post. Perhaps that could explain why your cronies like GD/debonerman/mojito etc don't get banned for disrupting the forum threads.

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think this forum is starting to become like PAP run Singapore whereby the ruling powers in charge can be openly corrupt where the state institutions/organs like the press and the courts are openly bias but you cannot state that out if not you will get charged/sued the latest would be Roy nerng. Still remember the 3 who wore the kangeroo t shirts in front of the supreme court only to get arrested or ppl who get sued just for stating matter of factly the open corruption/nepotism of the PAP.

Ironically the one who always posts about them acts just like them in this forum.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is no point simply banning Jah and Tony and whomever else without supplying some kind of indication to them why they were banned. At least give them an option to either change how they post or leave the forum.

My 5 cents ( inclusive of GST ) worth.

If you haven't, go through all their recent posts and you will know why they were banned. Jah had been given options to return here but he remains defiant. Yes I agreed no point banning them they should be terminated and go into reincarnation.

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think this forum is starting to become like PAP run Singapore whereby the ruling powers in charge can be openly corrupt where the state institutions/organs like the press and the courts are openly bias but you cannot state that out if not you will get charged/sued the latest would be Roy nerng. Still remember the 3 who wore the kangeroo t shirts in front of the supreme court only to get arrested or ppl who get sued just for stating matter of factly the open corruption/nepotism of the PAP.

Ironically the one who always posts about them acts just like them in this forum.

No wonder the threads have less of rubbish, a much better place with those lamers gone.:smile:

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is your kingdom. Do what a benevolent king does for the benefit of all and of course, yourself. If you can get back the good old days back, kudos to you!

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is a big difference between PAP and this forum. Here you don't get sued but you are silenced for persistent disturbances to others. It is free here and you can choose not to come if you think it is worse than PAP. In PAP's terms you can't opt out in contracts like CPF and Medishied Life. I was told to hit the ignore button by someone who persistently disturbed others in his pursuits of revenge.

bloodycock

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you haven't, go through all their recent posts and you will know why they were banned. Jah had been given options to return here but he remains defiant. Yes I agreed no point banning them they should be terminated and go into reincarnation.

I agree with you, but what is good for the goose must also be good for the gander. There is no need for me to repeat what forummer scroobye has posted with regards to other disruptive and vulgar nicks posting but getting away with it.

The penalties meted out are heavy and appear to be directed in 1 direction only giving the impression of vindictiveness and about getting even with
with past grieviences.

Were they given any warnings via PM when they were first banned? Probably not whereas they should have been.
If they ignored warnings repeatedly then I agree that they should be banned.

The main thing is no matter what the rules are, they should be applied universally and fairly, otherwise then don't say the very same thing about Singapore politics. It would smack of hypocrisy.

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a big difference between PAP and this forum. Here you don't get sued but you are silenced for persistent disturbances to others. It is free here and you can choose not to come if you think it is worse than PAP. In PAP's terms you can't opt out in contracts like CPF and Medishied Life. I was told to hit the ignore button by someone who persistently disturbed others in his pursuits of revenge.

for being a scrooball crone/crony who would expect you to tell the truth especially when debonerman/golden dragon have been disturbing others but nothing happens to them. Your statement is so similar to goh chok tong when he was PM.

If you don't like Sg then migrate. :rolleyes:

bloodycock

Alfrescian
Loyal

Touche, but let us see whether this is just an aberration, where water is finding its new level or is this going to be the order of the day from here on in where 'if you are not with us the you are against us '
Cut the new guys some slack.

bloodycock

Alfrescian
Loyal
for being a scrooball crone/crony who would expect you to tell the truth especially when debonerman/golden dragon have been disturbing others but nothing happens to them. Your statement is so similar to goh chok tong when he was PM.

Lets also see what happens with stompiss and kukubird when they post next. Oh yes and eatshitndie too.

Last edited:

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is always both sides of a coin. I viewed deboner and gd doing their parts in eliminating the disturbances caused.
It is clearly a chicken or egg first situation here.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
The main thing is no matter what the rules are, they should be applied universally and fairly, otherwise then don't say the very same thing about Singapore politics. It would smack of hypocrisy.

That's exactly the point; 'smack of hypocrisy' don't come in if you cannot bear it and do come often if you like it. Good or bad, right or wrong, fair or unfair is all relatives.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The problem is you don't see the deterioration of the forum over the years because it's so gradual. just like the hour hand of a clock, you can't see it moving. I'm considered a new bird in this forum, and even I can notice there's less troll/spamming during the delphi days (or perhaps delphi's "reply to thread" feature made spams less of a nuisance.)

The internet landscape for political discourse has changed drastically since 2011. Now, sinkies are even screwing PAP and opposition openly in facebook. If this forum wants to be competitive, it cannot be run like sintercom

In the end, we have to somehow make this place attractive to new regulars.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun think its a good idea to ban those who are adding to your traffic, regardless of what kinds of nonsense they spew out.

They are active users and contributors and should be promoted to higher levels instead.

Those once in a while posters should be banned because they hardly contribute and they scold your mother and father.

A successful forum is when everybody participates and contributes. Not just take and take only.

Do you agree with my assessment? :biggrin:

bloodycock

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's exactly the point; 'smack of hypocrisy' don't come in if you cannot bear it and do come often if you like it. Good or bad, right or wrong, fair or unfair is all relatives.

Of course you would says such things since you are not their target and never will be. You are part of what may eventually become cronyism in this forum.

Last edited: