• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Remembering Bruce Lee

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. This is a myth spread by his fans. The original MMA is probably Pankration. Modern MMA in its earliest version is probably Vale Tudo from the 1920s.

Just because Bruce Lee believes in crosstraining does NOT make him the influential figure in MMA. His ideas have been around for many years but there was no MMA development based on his ideas until the Gracies and UFC came along. MMA would have developed into its present state even if Bruce Lee never existed. Also, if you look at MMA, there is almost no trace of Wingchun or JKD. Most of them use Muay Thai and BJJ as a base. How influential was Bruce Lee in MMA?

No doubt Bruce Lee was a great martial artist. People, especially the Chinese, need a hero and role model. Plus he was Chinese so that made him all the more popular with them. If he was Japanese with the same talent, he will never achieve the same cult status because he would not have the support from the mass Chinese market. Also, like someone here said, unlike Wong Fei Hong and gang, Bruce Lee was more real to them, probably because everyone can see him on screen.

So they portray him as what they imagined their hero to be rather than who he actually was. Thus you read all kinds of fantasy stories about him being invincible, having high moral values, his choreographed movie fights confused with real fighting, influential in development of other martial arts, etc.

In view of his status, it is understandable why his fans confused fact with fantasy.

Finally, a smart guy ! unlike all these stupid idiots blind Bruce Lee worshippers, all know nuts about what real fighting is about, only know how to Bruce Lee this Bruce Lee that, Bruce Lee damn fast like superman, he can shoot a cum up your ass in a blink of an eye and you wont even realize it, LOL

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
in fact the current development of UFC one could see the idea of being fluid in jeet kune do.

Initially when UFC was started by the gracies, they win it all. BUT there was no such thing as MMA then. everyone took part was from traditional school. being completely foreign to groundwork, they lost it totally to gracies. then people really got brained wash by the gracies thinking groundfight is the way to go, and everyone started hugging each other. till some good strikers who master groundfight and start giving gracies a good time.

if you learn grabbling after you are a striker, you will figure those trick out yourselves quite easily. you started seeing holes in those so guard positions.

then people started to know the importance of balance. this idea of balance only came about at the turn of 2000s when people like sakuraba start kicking the ass of gracies. gracies no longer win in pride and UFC.....

groundwork suddenly is no longer the rule of the game, people are returning to strike. the development of MMA prior to the fall of gracies was the period when modern MMA was born, people are trying to beat the rule of groundwork by being balance.

this idea of being balance and all-rounded, was widely accepted by majority of us now, but bruce lee already thought of it in the 60s. A matter of time someone come up with this? its not so easy my friend.

honestly even gracies they themselves were too proud to take up striking saying its useless. just look at their past attitude when they were wining the first few UFC. its till their ass got wacked then they started taking strong striking art like muay thai. they too now force to accept the idea of JKD, no style. flow like water.

so was the idea of mixing and matching a matter of time someone figure it out easily? looking at the history now, i do not think so.

Hello friend, then you explain why NOT A SINGLE JKD guy ever won a UFC, all got their asses kicked right from the start until they dont dare to send in any more JKD guy, ever seen or hear a JKD guy in UFC, PRIDE or cage fight etc?? NONE, ZERO, ZILCH ! All talk armchair theory only, come to actual fight, get asskicked !

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever wonder why people trained in martial art disciplines (all kind of titles and belts) and take nutritionally reinforcing diet got beaten up by street gangsters who eat junk and drink beer, smoke cigarettes and never train? That's street fighting. Speed, fearlesles, bravery and brute force with no rules. Skills only add to those advantages. That's Bruce Lee's idea of a fighting contest.

Someone cited Oyama killed a bull bare handed. Breaking stacks of bricks bare handed is common in Karate and Chinese circuses. Bruce Lee had never performed these stuff, though I'm sure he could. He's not a circus performer. No one can accuse him of that. He performed stuff that none or few could ever emulate.

Bruce Lee was an ARMCHAIR street fighter lah, the only thing he ever beat up was his famous tiny 1 inch peenis, he keep beating it all the time

Last edited:

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
in fact the current development of UFC one could see the idea of being fluid in jeet kune do.

Initially when UFC was started by the gracies, they win it all. BUT there was no such thing as MMA then. everyone took part was from traditional school. being completely foreign to groundwork, they lost it totally to gracies. then people really got brained wash by the gracies thinking groundfight is the way to go, and everyone started hugging each other. till some good strikers who master groundfight and start giving gracies a good time.

if you learn grabbling after you are a striker, you will figure those trick out yourselves quite easily. you started seeing holes in those so guard positions.

then people started to know the importance of balance. this idea of balance only came about at the turn of 2000s when people like sakuraba start kicking the ass of gracies. gracies no longer win in pride and UFC.....

groundwork suddenly is no longer the rule of the game, people are returning to strike. the development of MMA prior to the fall of gracies was the period when modern MMA was born, people are trying to beat the rule of groundwork by being balance.

this idea of being balance and all-rounded, was widely accepted by majority of us now, but bruce lee already thought of it in the 60s. A matter of time someone come up with this? its not so easy my friend.

honestly even gracies they themselves were too proud to take up striking saying its useless. just look at their past attitude when they were wining the first few UFC. its till their ass got wacked then they started taking strong striking art like muay thai. they too now force to accept the idea of JKD, no style. flow like water.

so was the idea of mixing and matching a matter of time someone figure it out easily? looking at the history now, i do not think so.

Good facts ! You sound smart but you seriously dont believe Goose Lee with his legendary super fast 1 punch can bring down and kill a UFC guy?

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
i understand what you mean by that. but the initial state of vale tudo is similar to those who took part in the 1st UFC.... most are from traditional school...

the current modern form of MMA has actually less than 20 years of history.

JKD is not a particular style if you really read his book. JKD is a kind of thinking. If you learn JKD under bruce lee, and under Dan inosantoes, you will be learning 2 different things. Dan inosantoes will be more towards groundwork, muay thai and philippino arts. wing chun influences will be very little.

At least to me, in the martial art circle, what makes bruce lee so influence stays was not because of his style of JKD. but his philosophy of JKD. mix and match, take what is useful discard what is useless and be fluid like water not confine to style.

the current MMA is bruce lee dream of a perfect martial art.

You just hit the nail on the head my friend ! Boast Lee is..........

1) just an ACTOR

2) a THINKER like you just said, only good at spouting all his theories which he calls them phiilosophies, in other words, he is just an ARMCHAIR FIGHTER, but problem is he is so good at spouting and spreading his crap theories and make everyone believe he is some supergod of fighting, and thats how he become a LEGEND, all based on theories , his so-called fighting records all based on stories, hearsays and rumours spread by his stupid worshippers(like afew in here), and afew blurry 60s black and white videos showing his "terror 1 punch", damn terror man!....go try that in the UFC lah, see whether can make it or not! hahahahahaahhahahah, please lah believe me, he will get FUCKED UP VERY BADLY IN A REAL FIGHT, especially in a UFC fight.

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
In short, let me summarise this for the sake of Bruise Lee's many blind worshippers. The mofo is 1) an actor 2) a philosopher. Everyone keep harping on how great he is but just take a look, who are his opponents? kanina cheebye, all no name one lah ! some calafaire idiot from Enter The Dragon ?!? hahahahahaha. Anyone who believe it is humanly possible to knock a guy down with 1 punch must be either stupid or ignorant or both lah! Never been or seen a real fight before even har? hahahahahaha , dont make me lau sai hor??? hahahahaahahah you all clowns damn funny man

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's probably because all those stories about Huang Feihong, Huo Yuanjia, Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee starred in one of those movies too) etc. to restore Chinese ethnic pride after an humiliating era were fictional or at best semi-legendary. Bruce Lee was for real. Even westerners and Japansese acknowledged and respected that in real life for all to see.

hahahhahha ya ya you are rite ! Jet Li will whip Goose Lee's backside with his pigtail like in a gay BDSM video

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
i understand what you mean by that. but the initial state of vale tudo is similar to those who took part in the 1st UFC.... most are from traditional school...

the current modern form of MMA has actually less than 20 years of history.

JKD is not a particular style if you really read his book. JKD is a kind of thinking. If you learn JKD under bruce lee, and under Dan inosantoes, you will be learning 2 different things. Dan inosantoes will be more towards groundwork, muay thai and philippino arts. wing chun influences will be very little.

At least to me, in the martial art circle, what makes bruce lee so influence stays was not because of his style of JKD. but his philosophy of JKD. mix and match, take what is useful discard what is useless and be fluid like water not confine to style.

the current MMA is bruce lee dream of a perfect martial art.

Go search YouTube, Wing Chun legend William Cheng aka Loose Lee's blood brother-in-law whatever, was knocked out by some angmoh who threw a sucker punch at him when he cannot tahan all the theory shit Cheng was spouting in some kungfu seminar. hahahahaahah

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
what makes you so sure none of them believe and apply JKD concepts knowingly and unknowingly? Remember JKD was never intended to be style. its a way of thoughts, ideal and philosophy.

When you have the concept that JKD should be punch like wing chun and kick like muay thai/TKD/karate or whatever. You already set yourselves up on the wrong track.

anyway just to set the record straight. who compete professionally with JKD background.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitor_Belfort

it was known that this fellow trained under one of the instructor of dan inosantoes for a period of time.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SiETcFxbLrg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SiETcFxbLrg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

check out at 1.13 min. that is a typical wing chun intercepting move known as "tan da" which is NOT found in any form of boxing.
i have heard he employed straight blast as well but i am too lazy to go search for it. all these are most likely things which is find useful and he pick up from his interaction with jkd.

I heard there has being strong interaction going on with Carlson Gracie team and people from JKD as well. so if you really do not understand....its better to remain silence. Dan inosantos also have a bjj blackbelt

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey all Bruise Lee worshippers, here is a picture of your lau hero's famous 1 inch penis

close_up1.jpg

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAXkMS1f1kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAXkMS1f1kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

straight blast. 2.45 something minutes. another move not found in any form of traditional boxing. in fact throughout the video his style of punching is very wing chun. but only those who train in it is able to tell why i say so. most even in boxing will not be able to tell what the difference.

the structure of the elbow, the way it is throw no way does it belongs to boxing. all these are most likely he pick up from his JKD peers.

so how was that enough to shut you up?

Last edited:

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
what makes you so sure none of them believe and apply JKD concepts knowingly and unknowingly? Remember JKD was never intended to be style. its a way of thoughts, ideal and philosophy.

When you have the concept that JKD should be punch like wing chun and kick like muay thai/TKD/karate or whatever. You already set yourselves up on the wrong track.

anyway just to set the record straight. who compete professionally with JKD background.

it was known that this fellow trained under one of the instructor of dan inosantoes for a period of time.

check out at 1.13 min. that is a typical wing chun intercepting move known as "tan da" which is NOT found in any form of boxing.
i have heard he employed straight blast as well but i am too lazy to go search for it. all these are most likely things which is find useful and he pick up from his interaction with jkd.

I heard there has being strong interaction going on with Carlson Gracie team and people from JKD as well. so if you really do not understand....its better to remain silence. Dan inosantos also have a bjj blackbelt

hahahahahahahahha oh my god, you cant be serious ! you actually believe that that punch is a wing chun punch?!?!?! hahahahaha, please lah, that is a typical boxing cross, if thats the case based on what you say, then all straight punces are wingchun lah!!! *laff until backside pain*....dont disgrace the UFC by anyhow linking everything back to Goose Lee and his infamous 1inch penis hor??

Last edited:

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
heres another demonstration of the famous Boast Lee's 1 INCH PENIS, dont play play hor, small but super deadly one, can shoot cum up your ass in a blink! and even can killll you if you not careful............

img_1203363449_14905_1242320746.jpg

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal

he may have consultated with Inosanto but that does not mean anything, his fullbackground is in muaythai and boxing, its like, okay I observe abit here and there but whats the big deal, everyone does that, even your lau hero Goose Lee, copy from other people here there everywhere and try to call it his own, not humble at all, kanasai lah ! Jean Claude Van Damme will kill Goose Lee with his famous sidesplits when he split farts on his face

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
straight blast. 2.45 something minutes. another move not found in any form of traditional boxing. in fact throughout the video his style of punching is very wing chun. but only those who train in it is able to tell why i say so. most even in boxing will not be able to tell what the difference.

the structure of the elbow, the way it is throw no way does it belongs to boxing. all these are most likely he pick up from his JKD peers.

so how was that enough to shut you up?[/QUOTE]

walao you damn stubborn man, i already told you, his background is boxing, he was a former pro boxing champ. in UFC his background is listed as boxing and muay thai, he is not proud of JKD or Wing Chun otherwise he will carry those names into the ring. the problem is, JKD/wing chun guys like you like to associate yourself with some UFC guy , which is irony because indirectly, you know it is UFC and not JKD that works in real fight. but so dont anyhow mislead and disgrace others reputation by anyhow connecting UFC to wing chun crap, just becos you yourself training in wing chun rite? hehehe, in my not humble but factual opinion, chinese kungfu is the crap of craps leh

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
he may have consultated with Inosanto but that does not mean anything, his fullbackground is in muaythai and boxing, its like, okay I observe abit here and there but whats the big deal, everyone does that, even your lau hero Goose Lee, copy from other people here there everywhere and try to call it his own, not humble at all, kanasai lah ! Jean Claude Van Damme will kill Goose Lee with his famous sidesplits when he split farts on his face

good, now you get it. that is the concept of jkd. copy what is useful and discard what useless. this is just to show you that your thinking that no ones in UFC or pride employed JKD. i believe there are more fighters that has JKD influence in one way or another. but i am too lazy to go read up.

anyway seriously, the way he throw all his punch is not a normal boxing punch. its hard to put in words, it lies with the way the elbow is throw. its more like a wing chun punch.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
when i was active, i trained with people who do boxing as well. i know a boxing punch when i see one. that is no way a boxing punch. in fact all the punch he throws when he stand up. he only punch like a boxer when he was in a superior position on the floor then he brawl roughly.

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyway that was not a cross he uses 2 hands. but it was too fast that you did not realised it. one to block and the other to strike.

i had not seen any boxing drill doing that. prehap you can show me a video or 2 of a boxer doing that. i believed if i go and find more of his clips i can fish out more unique moves that are distinct in favour of JKD/wing chun. but that will only makes you get more aggressive knowing that you have lost your ground.

after showing concert evidences, you merely have nothing else to argue except to show those silly pic.

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahahahahahahahha oh my god, you cant be serious ! you actually believe that that punch is a wing chun punch?!?!?! hahahahaha, please lah, that is a typical boxing cross, if thats the case based on what you say, then all straight punces are wingchun lah!!! *laff until backside pain*....dont disgrace the UFC by anyhow linking everything back to Goose Lee and his infamous 1inch penis hor??

from this i know you are not trained in boxing. this is really not in any form of boxing. i trained with boxer before, although they are not professional, we merely take up martial arts for fun.

when i see a boxer punch, i know it belongs to a boxer

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
when i was active, i trained with people who do boxing as well. i know a boxing punch when i see one. that is no way a boxing punch. in fact all the punch he throws when he stand up. he only punch like a boxer when he was in a superior position on the floor then he brawl roughly.

i can also tell you that is not wingchun becos wingchun stance is like a chow akua sissy elbows tucked in trying to hide cover the vagina or something, becos wingchun was originally founded by a virgin old nun, am i rite? :biggrin:

Last edited: