• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Remembering Bruce Lee

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal
that the problem with most standup traditional martial art, it does not lies with wing chun alone. the idea here is whoever is more well rounded fighters in punching and grabbling will rules the game.

I agree. It's not wing chun's problem alone. It's TMA's. That's why I think Muay Thai, Kyokushin, BJJ, etc while far from perfect or complete and nowhere as impressive as Bruce Lee, is more effective than most TMA systems. Just simple, brutal, gross motor skills.

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have the exact date-place quote, but I do recall Bruce Lee did say something like that at the height of Bruce Lee - Mohd Ali comparisons (they were the two most famous fighters worldwide at the same time that time). What he said exactly was, if Mohd Ali hit him full force bare fist on target with a 500lbs punch, he'd be killed; question is, in a fight, would Ali be allowed the time to gather the momentum to execute and deliver a heavyweight punch accurately. If he allowed time and space for Ali to do that, he deserved to die.

Bruise Lee will be killed instantly, crushed like a bug, and that is a fact, no need for all your armchair theories analyzings

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
you make a very bad joke when you try to compare a UFC fighter's punching with wing chun, wing chun is for sissies, the punching concept is all wrong, bullshits. if you try your wing chun punches with any ordinary boxer, you will be destroyed in seconds, i have ever KOed some guy who tried some stupid straight punches like those in your wing chun system

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
too lazy to make any more points towards you. i had stated my stands clearly and pointing out what are clearly not boxing that victor belfort did. to restate it again one last time.

his style of punch/boxing has very strong wing chun favour especially when he doing stand up. this is not found in most other pride/ufc fighters, its not pure boxing.

Few distinct features not commonly found in boxer for that matter most striking art. elbow shoot from centre and always pointing down. however he revert back to his old style of boxing in throwing punch when he is back to the ground in superior position. go watch more of his clips if you refuse to believe what i had stated.

being a boxer yourself you know it deep down but you simply refuse to accept. you ask for jkd/wing chun influences, i pointed it out but you refuse to accept it. do you always make sure your elbow point downwards and close together when you throw a punch?

"tan da" might not be that obvious to an untrain eyes in wing chun. you call that a cross in western boxing. i gave it to you

but when what he was doing was straight blast you call it a combo in western boxing. human ego. you know it yourself better than me you do not do that in classical western boxing.

you ask for wing chun and jkd influence in pride i gave it to you. but you simply have no room to accept it. boxing works for you, great keep it up.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you make a very bad joke when you try to compare a UFC fighter's punching with wing chun, wing chun is for sissies, the punching concept is all wrong, bullshits. if you try your wing chun punches with any ordinary boxer, you will be destroyed in seconds, i have ever KOed some guy who tried some stupid straight punches like those in your wing chun system

Basically everything is all wrong. In a real fight, you just go in and whack the hell out of the other, or get whacked. Real fights don't have referees count one...two...three...to get up. Go down first is dead meat, usually this happens to one side within less than one minute.

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
i had always wondering if bruce lee fought all out with oyama who would have won.

honestly although i did wing chun 5 years myself and know how fast its hand is....

..... but seriously oyama is on a totally different level. he can take real damage and he can deliver real damage. imagine he can kill a bull bare hand.

besides, its only towards the end of bruce lee life he started going into ground fight after being choked out by a judoka. oyama learn judo under kano. my bet is on oyama

Oyama tot he is wudi and went to challenge an old taichi master in HK. When he saw the old man, he was stunned and mocked him. When he lost to the old man, he was so surprised that he asked the old taichi master to teach him taichi.

The rest is history and a new style of karate is developed.

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bruce Lee will never say such a thing, show where your prove, time , place he said this, or go back to practise wingchun to protect your ccb.

Bruce Lee certainly wont say it. It is because he played Boxing when he was in university. When he noticed a chinese guy who was also playing boxing in the club he was in, was never defeated, he began to be interested in Wing chun. The rest is history.

Bruce Lee knows boxing, karate (2 time karate champion), Wing Chun, Thai kickboxing. He is interested in all kinds of martial arts, never believing that any of it is superior to the other.

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bruce Lee was an American-born martial artist, philosopher, instructor, martial arts actor and the founder of the Jeet Kune Do martial arts system, widely regarded as the most influential martial artist of the 20th century and a cultural icon.

Bruce Lee was born in the hour of the dragon, between 6-8 a.m., in the Year of the Dragon according to the Chinese zodiac calendar, November 27, 1940 at the Chinese Hospital in San Francisco’s Chinatown in the United States.

Bruce Lee birthplace was San Francisco, California although he was raised in Hong Kong. Lee's Hong Kong and Hollywood-produced films elevated the traditional Hong Kong martial arts film to a new level of popularity and acclaim, and sparked the first major surge of interest in Chinese martial arts in the West. The direction and tone of Lee's films changed and influenced martial arts and martial arts films in Hong Kong and the rest of the world as well. Lee became an iconic figure particularly to the Chinese, as he portrayed Chinese national pride and Chinese nationalism in his movies. Many see Lee as a model blueprint for acquiring a strong and efficient body and the highest possible level of physical fitness, as well as developing a mastery of martial arts and hand to hand combat skills.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If bruce lee was black i bet some of these skeptics wouldn't be complaining. They just like to exclaim anything that is chinese = inferior. :oIo:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do you guys actually know that bruce lee was a fighter before he made the movies and it was because he was that good he got asked to do martial arts films? no thats why boxing is bests arguement has nothing to be based upon so you lose mate sry :/ bruce lee was actually amazingly fit and prob the best fighter to walk the planet

It's a racial issue and nothing to do wig bruce's fighting abilty. if he was white or black do you think assholes here would even say anything? take client east wood for eg he's known for being a tough guy but he's Just an actor therefore he's not really tough but ppl still call him tough. You see my point.

There are just many shallow assholes here whom will never ever rate anyone if that person does not belong to a certain race, weighs a certain weight or have a certain look. That's why even though wwe is fake but ppl still think the actors in there are tough cos they look big and mean and have tatooes

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a racial issue ............therefore he's not really tough but ppl still call him tough. You see my point.
LOL ! Very sharp, very true ... especially the Clint Eastwood example.
Bruce Lee is picked becos he is Chinese also to be fair, some resent him becos some of his fans made his legendary exploits too ridiculous...

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal
If bruce lee was black i bet some of these skeptics wouldn't be complaining. They just like to exclaim anything that is chinese = inferior. :oIo:

If Bruce Lee is black, he would never have achieved the same status and we won't even be having this conversation. Part of his charm is the fact that he is Chinese.

Also, most skeptics are not skeptical of his abilities. They are skeptical of the tall stories and claims his fans created out of thin air.

Conversely, the skeptics can also claim that his Chinese fans believe anything about him just because they are all Chinese.

Not everything boils down to race.