• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Real reason why WP Ah Lian refused to take on NCMP role

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have to agree. There is no logical reason to reject the NCMP unless it is because of money.

The only diff between MP and NCMP is the right to vote and allowance. Opposition had been helpless voting against anything so this does not make any difference. I guess it is the money.

You don't serve the people by being an NCMP. You just occupy a seat in Parliament and occasionally given some time to talk. What's the point?

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
12027619_1180523595307392_153749073563262573_n.jpg

If it's not fair to her future employer, then why is it fair to Daniel Goh's employer?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
But this Ah Lian is now 'unemployed' and realistically she should ask herself...at this age and with such paper qualification, can she even make more than $28,900 per year?

Sinkie are like that one. Their face value, if any, is more important than putting food on the table which is why employers in Sinkland do not want to employ Sinkie even if they now come cheaper than the FTs! LoloL

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah give the poor girl a chance lah

she was visibly very disappointed when she was told she lost

she was in tears and i think she just gave up all hope , all dreams and all aspirations

return to good motherhood and look after her young child

politics can be very cruel...but well not everyone is a winner

we do have losers too...that's life. good luck Ah Lian and take care girl.

you have done your best..

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
So why the bullshit about staying at home and take care of her kid? She confirm will find a job soon la. Something which pays more than ncmp.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like she wants to give this opportunity to other newer WP candidates who are better debaters in parliament.

LLL seems to be more of a people person who likes to walk the ground and communicate with residents. Though she lost, she's still serving as a WP member and said she will still be visiting and keeping in touch with Punggol East residents, so it's not true that she has no desire to serve the residents.

yeah true. different strokes for different folks. some people like to be behind the scenes while others like the limelight.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP would give an arm and a leg for a NCMP post. It doesn't matter if the stipend is low. I think SDP wouldn't mind doing it for free just so that SDP and 30% have a voice in Parliament.

What a waste !

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya, all because of money la.
who works for free? unless i have few M, then i do not mind.

only those hypocrite always say work for people, for singapore.

btw if she elected, i think she sure will stay.

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is wrong to reject a thankless job with much lesser than a half-fxxked pay?

Most likely no more Punggol East by next GE.

Let SDA serves the voters there.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$28,900 per year is equivalent to $79 per day for durian expenses. one mow shan wang durian per day will consume that budget.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually i am VERY Lazy to respond retarded moron thread like this one.

Since i cannot tahan, will do a quick post.

If you are previously earn $15000 a month, and now you are only pay $2k a month, would you want to take up the job ? That is around $13k lesser pay !!

Common sense tells you majority will NOT accept this type of huge drop pay job !! Looks like our TS is NOT smart at all in his mathematics ....lol :biggrin:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually i am VERY Lazy to respond retarded moron thread like this one.

Since i cannot tahan, will do a quick post.

If you are previously earn $15000 a month, and now you are only pay $2k a month, would you want to take up the job ? That is around $13k lesser pay !!

Common sense tells you majority will NOT accept this type of huge drop pay job !! Looks like our TS is NOT smart at all in his mathematics ....lol :biggrin:

I think you are the idiot.

For a person like Ah Lian with such 'calibre'...she would be lucky now to find a job that pays her $2k per mth and with CPF and other benefits , would cost an employer much more.

Of course with losers a plenty in this forum, they are in as much in the 'same category' as Ah Lian and would still be earning thereabout of $28,900 per year and that is if...if they even have a stable job to begin with but talks BIG in this forum, as though they deserve $16k per month! LoLoLoLoLoLoLoL

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you are the idiot.

For a person like Ah Lian with such 'calibre'...she would be lucky now to find a job that pays her $2k per mth and with CPF and other benefits , would cost an employer much more.

Of course with losers a plenty in this forum, they are in as much in the 'same category' as Ah Lian and would still be earning thereabout of $28,900 per year and that is if...if they even have a stable job to begin with but talks BIG in this forum, as though they deserve $16k per month! LoLoLoLoLoLoLoL

spending weeks in parliament out of the whole year and still get paid $28,900 is no small change. for a mother with an infant it's the best part-time deal in town. she could easily be her own boss or start her own business. why hope for a full time job when a part time golden plate is handed to her? sinkies are truly fucked up. always looking for that salaried slave role.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised that anyone thinks WP Ah Lian deserves to earn anything above $3k with her calibre. Armed with only a distance learning degree and practically not much useful work experience, she should be scrapping the barrel and happy to take up any job! Seriously.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
bUqhyjO.jpg

GRWHnTm.jpg

P2yyV5Q.jpg

People here talk as if she deserves to earn $16k per month in the first place. It was a stroke of good luck that PAP fielded the uncharaismatic Dr Asshole to contest and lost.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
YRgdmFR.jpg

Looks like oppo supporters finally looking beyond the smokescreen and understanding the real reason why WP Ah Lian decline the ncmp slot.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why did Ah Lian lost? Was it cos she was a lousy MP? Her constituents did not like her? She gave her constituents the middle finger and she viewed them as mere mortals?