• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Questions about Australia

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If you have any prescription medication, I suggest you get a letter from your doctor or a copy of the prescription. Again it all depends upon whether they have reasons to be suspicious of you.

Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Afj8TmNr1g

At immigration, they will ask you some very innocent sounding questions like ..."What are you planning to do in OZ".

If you can tell them exactly what you are going to see, which cities you will be traveling to, the route you are going to take, then they will know that you are a genuine tourist.

If you can't give any details regarding your itinerary, they will suspect you of entering the country to work illegally.

Thanks again, I've got it planned for the 2 weeks trip all hotels booked and paid, all agoda receipts printed and also google map routes. This part I should clear.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Finally booked Avis. Quite expensive during holiday season.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1) can drive
2) can pickup and drop off at sydney. Any reputable car rental companies will do. Get maximum coverage though.
3) Those factory outlets are quite different from the ones u find in USA. They are sort of selling outdated, slight defective products.

IMO, not worth to go out of the way to browse even. Find scenic stops along the way and take more pictures is more meaningful. I did a 4-hour drive from Sydney to Canberra before and stopped a few times to take pictures of wild kangaroos, scenic mountain views and enjoyed those coffee breaks at gas stations along the way. Also, went to a small town which had a huge iconic sheep at the town's entrance (forgot the name of the town). All much better than going to shop at those factory outlets. However, if in london or vegas, new york, then it is worth visiting those outlets.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
OK guys I got through customs with medicines and 酸梅 and a cup noodle all no problem. I did declare but they don't bother to check and waved me off, didn't even ask me anything. Expected weather to be very hot but was met with 20degC temperature yesterday and even today. Wife and I did not bring any warm clothes cos thought it'll be more than 30degC throughout.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
1) can drive
2) can pickup and drop off at sydney. Any reputable car rental companies will do. Get maximum coverage though.
3) Those factory outlets are quite different from the ones u find in USA. They are sort of selling outdated, slight defective products.

IMO, not worth to go out of the way to browse even. Find scenic stops along the way and take more pictures is more meaningful. I did a 4-hour drive from Sydney to Canberra before and stopped a few times to take pictures of wild kangaroos, scenic mountain views and enjoyed those coffee breaks at gas stations along the way. Also, went to a small town which had a huge iconic sheep at the town's entrance (forgot the name of the town). All much better than going to shop at those factory outlets. However, if in london or vegas, new york, then it is worth visiting those outlets.

Thank you garlic. Will listen to your advice. Merry Christmas.

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
OK guys I got through customs with medicines and 酸梅 and a cup noodle all no problem. I did declare but they don't bother to check and waved me off, didn't even ask me anything. Expected weather to be very hot but was met with 20degC temperature yesterday and even today. Wife and I did not bring any warm clothes cos thought it'll be more than 30degC throughout.

Just go get a few not too expensive ones at big w, target and kmart.

Shopping is not fantastic. Enjoy the wildlife and scenery more, and the countryside and their cuisine and beers :smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you were here a few days earlier you would have experience the 40 degree heat. It's nice cooling weather now.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If you were here a few days earlier you would have experience the 40 degree heat. It's nice cooling weather now.

Yes so I arrived yesterday morning and the taxi driver told me last Friday went up to 42degC at some places. But then today whole day raining so just went Chinatown and then took the ferry for some sightseeing and ended up dinner at Casa an Italian restaurant. Tomorrow will be interesting, driving for Nowra, thus begin my drive to Melbourne.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just go get a few not too expensive ones at big w, target and kmart.

Shopping is not fantastic. Enjoy the wildlife and scenery more, and the countryside and their cuisine and beers :smile:

Thanks I'll enjoy the wildlife, wife want to carry a koala for photo.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fire warning down south. Be aware.

Yes so I arrived yesterday morning and the taxi driver told me last Friday went up to 42degC at some places. But then today whole day raining so just went Chinatown and then took the ferry for some sightseeing and ended up dinner at Casa an Italian restaurant. Tomorrow will be interesting, driving for Nowra, thus begin my drive to Melbourne.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope you enjoy your stay there! If you drink, be sure to pay the nearest Dan Murphy's outlet a visit! Some of their outlets are as big as the average NTUC here in Singapore... all sorts of liquors and wines, and MUCH cheaper than in Singapore!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hope you enjoy your stay there! If you drink, be sure to pay the nearest Dan Murphy's outlet a visit! Some of their outlets are as big as the average NTUC here in Singapore... all sorts of liquors and wines, and MUCH cheaper than in Singapore!

Thanks buddy. Yes I know Dan Murphy's used to see their newspaper advertisements center 2 pages, huge. But I am very careful not to drink and drive here unlike Bangkok. Also there are notices all over that during this period is double demerit points, Dec/20-Jan/1. I don't want no double when overseas.

Breakfast at the most popular deli now