• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Questions about Australia

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Is the Isuzu MU-X available in Thailand yet? It's supposed to arrive in NZ early next year and it looks great... better than anything Toyota have in the pipeline.

All-Nwe-ISUZU-Mu-X-1.jpg

Yes available, has been about two months. It's about bloody time.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
By the way, when I collected my rental car from Avis on Thursday, I was told they did not have any car with GPS as another person had not returned so I tool the Toyota Aurion without GPS but I had been driving with my 5s' google map throughout this trip, pretty happy with it.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just watched a commercial on TV I think its by the Australian Transport Accident Commission (TAC) about drink driving during holidays. Pretty good.

[video=youtube;yHX07-jsuzc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHX07-jsuzc[/video]

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Just watched a commercial on TV I think its by the Australian Transport Accident Commission (TAC) about drink driving during holidays. Pretty good.

Yeah don't mess with the traffic cops. They mean business. However, if you're a burglar, Christmas/New Year is party time. Your chances of being caught are less than 5%.

There's no money in catching burglars. Motorists on the other hand are easy pickings.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Got into state of Victoria yesterday immediately noticed 3 things

1. Many warning signs for drivers about driving fatigue advising drivers to take power naps and rests, nice
2. More overtaking lanes here than NSW
3. Most grasslands are brown and dry, poor animals eating them, I think Victoria is experiencing some drought here

Left Bairnsdale on our way to Traralgon stopping by Stratford town for breakfast now it's very cold here 14degC

The Cellar Door Cafe

the inside very cosy

More like brunch for us

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nice!

Oh, also if you and your wife are into Macaroons, be sure to check out "Pandan Sticky Rice" flavour at Adriano Zumbo Patisserie..Reminds of me the Pandan Nyona Kueh
12 -14 Claremont St South Yarra

Alternatively, since you're staying in the city, you can check out la belle miette macaroons..http://labellemiette.com.au/ *don't know if they've got the Pandan Flavour*

Be sure to check out the Viet food as well, Pho noodles.. :smile:

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nice!

Oh, also if you and your wife are into Macaroons, be sure to check out "Pandan Sticky Rice" flavour at Adriano Zumbo Patisserie..Reminds of me the Pandan Nyona Kueh
12 -14 Claremont St South Yarra

Alternatively, since you're staying in the city, you can check out la belle miette macaroons..http://labellemiette.com.au/ *don't know if they've got the Pandan Flavour*

Be sure to check out the Viet food as well, Pho noodles.. :smile:

Thank you valiant20.

I just saw a TV commercial of a brand of watch ADINA, says its made in Australia by Australian for Australian. Is this a good watch anyone? Anything special? Is it worth?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Saw a commercial on healthy pre-prepared food by this "Lite n' Easy" thought Singapore should have a business like that especially fro those busy working and no time to cook, healthy stuff too I think.

There are many more videos in Youtube other than this

[video=youtube;u9HU1KbY428]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9HU1KbY428[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Finally, had a decent asian meal in Melbourne

A$68, pretty expensive but worth it after long wait

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Don't forget to try the frozen yogurt at David Jones Food Hall || 310 Bourke St. Melbourne.

Thanks will do that later. Today doing the winery tour with Go West. Gosh I'm pretty spent now, got 2 more wineries to go.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try the various European food and other Ang Moh food whilst in Oz. No point spending such big bucks to eat Asian food which you can have far better in Singapore, and much cheaper.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Melbourne New Year's Eve fireworks

[video=youtube;ywP7CyExpKQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywP7CyExpKQ[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Don't forget to try the frozen yogurt at David Jones Food Hall || 310 Bourke St. Melbourne.

Found the foodhall

But inside no frozen yogurt, asked staff said no frozen yogurt only along Swanston Street.