• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Question for brother SOS

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
You stay in HDB? Should be easier to qualify if you are retiree and kick your working-kids out.

When I was in poly, a rich bitch qualified for school bursary because her old parents are retired or so-rich-until-don't-need to work. Then she will show off to the class that she can buy the latest motorola star-tac phone with the bursary funds.

If you want to qualify, you can be rich, but stay in HDB and retired or working part-time, kids not around you, etc. I got rich relatives staying alone, happily go for cheap dental appointment to clean their remaining teeth every six months under such schemes, while I myself didn't visit a dentist for many years.

A friend did the reverse and brought his old aunt (no dependent) to stay with him in his condo to care for her. As a result, the aunt was disqualified for more subsidies. He went to MPS and the fucking bastard Minister scolded him and said that he shouldn't depend on government help.

So you can be poor and still not enjoy more subsidy. Must know how to play the game.
Even you stay hdb but your children's some verlee poor or even unemployed but some children rich aic will still disqualify you and ask the richer one to fund you. And sadlee most of the time the unemployed child is the 1 that is your care giver .

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOH now also very cruel to doctors and nurses. MOH always claim that their stress are from patients, but MOH also screws them hard in recent years. Gan Kim Yong's era was better and he really improved all aspects of our healthcare. I am disappointment that he is not our future PM.

In the hospital setting, nurses and doctors don't only face stress from patients, patients' families and also hospital management who took orders from ex-military men and or cunt Minister without any background in public health and medical services.

A few months ago, a kind soul warned me that my delivery are now monitored by data analytics. It is not about serious matters like quality and defects, but also how fast we fill up the empty spaces in their warehouse. Fine, in commerce, this is like Amazon's efficiency. Good for hospitals.

Then, I came to know later that a few hospitals have also started to using data analytics to fuck the nurses why the beds were left empty after discharge, and fuck the doctors that why they took so long to clear a patient in outpatient clinic, to fuck therapists why they took so long complete a procedure...............and things like that.

This is a new thing this year. It is very sad.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even you stay hdb but your children's some verlee poor or even unemployed but some children rich aic will still disqualify you and ask the richer one to fund you. And sadlee most of the time the unemployed child is the 1 that is your care giver .
MOH Means Testing will ask for these information but I understand that the main criteria is still primary based on "household".
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, in every big family, someone will sacrifice career to take care of the seniors, and it doesn't mean that this caregiver will be happier or more blessed in life. No such thing as karma, unfortunately.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOH Means Testing will ask for these information but I understand that the main criteria is still primary based on "household".
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, in every big family, someone will sacrifice career to take care of the seniors, and it doesn't mean that this caregiver will be happier or more blessed in life. No such thing as karma, unfortunately.
Yes certain things are based on household means testing. Medifund is based on familee nucleus.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the unemployed ones is the 1 that is the caregiver that also mean it will be not easy for the poorer ones to justify to their richer familee nucleus as they will be busy making money and enjoying their own life.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the unemployed ones is the 1 that is the caregiver that also mean it will be not easy for the poorer ones to justify to their richer familee nucleus as they will be busy making money and enjoying their own life.
I know stories like that.

To be honest, these are lanjiao reasons that people give to avoid becoming caregivers.
if they can give up their cycling, their tours, their exercising, their pets,
they too, will also have the time and money to take care of the seniors.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaa, aim the blue or orange chas card first.
Don't be too greedy. AIC will gauge based on household for senior support funds, if I remember correctly.
Not about greedy. This scenario my uncle leefering will onlee be verlee clear for certain medical supports and certain medical conditions. The cost can go upto $7k per month easilee and medifund does not qualify for such patient.AIC will ask you to solve it yourself within your own familee :frown:
The main killer for such is still on the medical consumables and medicines that are extremelee costlee even to a high income earner.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not about greedy. This scenario my uncle leefering will onlee be verlee clear for certain medical supports and certain medical conditions. The cost can go upto $7k per month easilee and medifund does not qualify for such patient.AIC will ask you to solve it yourself within your own familee :frown:
I think your uncle's property not small. To get their support, u need to play along their rules.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think your uncle's property not small. To get their support, u need to play along their rules.
My uncle do know of a few people who failed to qualify for medifund support after the tedious qualifying process and finallee leecided to forgo their aged parents :frown:
1 eg my uncle can quote is a changing of heart valve key hole procedure known as TAVI. The leevice alone excluding the surgery cost 40k and not subsidised by gov and not usable by medisave.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle do know of a few people who failed to qualify for medifund support after the tedious qualifying process and finallee leecided to forgo their aged parents :frown:
1 eg my uncle can quote is a changing of heart valve key hole procedure known as TAVI. The leevice alone excluding the surgery cost 40k and not subsidised by gov and not usable by medisave.
Isn't it something wrong there when a heart patient can onlee be susbdized and covered by insurance and medishield life if he choose the conventional open heart surgery when there is a less evasive key hole surgery ? Especiallee if the patient is old and will not survive a Open heart surgery.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes not all supported by gov, but can partially covered by medishield??
I hope $40K is still cheaper than Mount E and COE

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes not all supported by gov, but can partially covered by medishield??
I hope $40K is still cheaper than Mount E and COE
Defintelee cheaper than pte hospital but 40k is still a mouth clenching amount for a average salaried worker. Medishield onlee covers the standard hospitalization charges but not the leevice. Or unless the patient enforce the surgeon to do the open heart surgery.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Therefore My uncle think that the actual killer is the outpatient medical consumables in sg rather than hospitalization charges.

kitchen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your questions. Yes, 1-2 years ago, we had medicine-shortage due to covid lockdown, one could only get max 3-mths of medications. The situation is not serious this year.

Aspirin is a common medication for seniors. Before covid and vaccination, I believe many seniors above 70 are already taking aspirin daily. Getting from govt pharmacy with hospital prescription is about 10cents a pill. While I don't work with medicines but I believe these are the main causes:-

1. The product should be Made-in-UK and UK has a shortage now because the raw-material is from China. China has supply disruption lately due to covid lockdown.
1. I believe this shortage is temporary just because they are subsidized medicine. They are still readily available at retail.
2. Malaysia has a huge shortage now, I speculate that suppliers also channeled some stockpile to help them?

If you don't feel like queuing in hospital pharmacy again, you can get these pills from retail pharmacy about 30cents each. Even shopee sells them because no prescription needed.

PS: When your dad reaches 80s or 90s, he will not be able to take blood thinners. After taking blood thinners for 1-3 decades, some people will develop internal bleeding which must stop aspirin ASAP or their blood-count will be too low. He will be offered an more exotic alternative, that is to install a LAA device in his heart.
Thanks for your response. It's always great to hear from someone with inside knowledge of the industry. It beats googling plus trying to fit all the politically correct information and read the fine prints and figure out the truth.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
More people got dengue and covid. Both depends on panadols. There were brief periods that retails stores ran out of them in the past two years.
So can sell for better price, I heard Singaporeans went to buy up all the panadols in Johor and their generic versions paracetamol.

I suggest anyone who got medical appointments in hospital, can try asking for paracetamol from doctors, say here pain, there pain, everywhere pain pain. Hospital can give a lot at subsidized rates and paracetamol are dirt cheap. Sometimes, old folks get a lot from hospitals, can give us.

Next year price will continue to increase, cos GST higher. hahaha
Panadol shortage in Singapore
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...upply-as-more-covid-19-patients-self-medicate

Do not panic, GPs and hospitals using private label paracetamols. Still got a lot
Their cost is less than 10cents each.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't get me wrong, I am not medically-trained. I also don't deal with medications. I deliver healthcare and hygiene supplies.
Moi also deliver hygiene supplies..... Not only that, I also offer personal installation service. :biggrin:

Kotex_Soft_&_Smooth_Overnight_32cm.jpg