• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Question for brother SOS

kitchen

Alfrescian
Loyal
@SOS

Brought my dad to see cardiologist at hospital. After seeing doc, as usual, went to the hospital pharmacy to queue for his medication. After the usual long wait, our turn finally arrived. The dispensing pharmacist told me she could only give one month supply of Cardiprin (Aspirin) instead of the 6 months the cardiologist has prescribed. I asked why. She says there's a shortage of Aspirin islandwide. Since you work in the healthcare industry, any inside scoop on why there's a huge shortage? Too many heart patients in Singapore? To me, its strange. From statistical data year in year out, they should know the level of demand. Is there a supply issue? Would like to hear your view on this Aspirin islandwide shortage issue.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
@SOS

Brought my dad to see cardiologist at hospital. After seeing doc, as usual, went to the hospital pharmacy to queue for his medication. After the usual long wait, our turn finally arrived. The dispensing pharmacist told me she could only give one month supply of Cardiprin (Aspirin) instead of the 6 months the cardiologist has prescribed. I asked why. She says there's a shortage of Aspirin islandwide. Since you work in the healthcare industry, any inside scoop on why there's a huge shortage? Too many heart patients in Singapore? To me, its strange. From statistical data year in year out, they should know the level of demand. Is there a supply issue? Would like to hear your view on this Aspirin islandwide shortage issue.

Thank you for your questions. Yes, 1-2 years ago, we had medicine-shortage due to covid lockdown, one could only get max 3-mths of medications. The situation is not serious this year.

Aspirin is a common medication for seniors. Before covid and vaccination, I believe many seniors above 70 are already taking aspirin daily. Getting from govt pharmacy with hospital prescription is about 10cents a pill. While I don't work with medicines but I believe these are the main causes:-

1. The product should be Made-in-UK and UK has a shortage now because the raw-material is from China. China has supply disruption lately due to covid lockdown.
1. I believe this shortage is temporary just because they are subsidized medicine. They are still readily available at retail.
2. Malaysia has a huge shortage now, I speculate that suppliers also channeled some stockpile to help them?

If you don't feel like queuing in hospital pharmacy again, you can get these pills from retail pharmacy about 30cents each. Even shopee sells them because no prescription needed.

PS: When your dad reaches 80s or 90s, he will not be able to take blood thinners. After taking blood thinners for 1-3 decades, some people will develop internal bleeding which must stop aspirin ASAP or their blood-count will be too low. He will be offered an more exotic alternative, that is to install a LAA device in his heart.

Last edited:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too many heart patients in Singapore? To me, its strange. From statistical data year in year out, they should know the level of demand. Is there a supply issue? Would like to hear your view on this Aspirin islandwide shortage issue.
how many percentage of Singaporeans kanna jabbed?

Dr. Robert Malone why the CDC took so long to admit myocarditis due to Vaccine​

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why price of panadol have also increased ?
More people got dengue and covid. Both depends on panadols. There were brief periods that retails stores ran out of them in the past two years.
So can sell for better price, I heard Singaporeans went to buy up all the panadols in Johor and their generic versions paracetamol.

I suggest anyone who got medical appointments in hospital, can try asking for paracetamol from doctors, say here pain, there pain, everywhere pain pain. Hospital can give a lot at subsidized rates and paracetamol are dirt cheap. Sometimes, old folks get a lot from hospitals, can give us.

Next year price will continue to increase, cos GST higher. hahaha

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
More people got dengue and covid. Both depends on panadols. There were brief periods that retails stores ran out of them in the past two years.
So can sell for better price, I heard Singaporeans went to buy up all the panadols in Johor and their generic versions paracetamol.

I suggest anyone who got medical appointments in hospital, can try asking for paracetamol from doctors, say here pain, there pain, everywhere pain pain. Hospital can give a lot at subsidized rates and paracetamol are dirt cheap. Sometimes, old folks get a lot from hospitals, can give us.

Next year price will continue to increase, cos GST higher. hahaha
My uncle know 1 company leeleevering medical supplies going to increase gst to 8% from aug :frown: gov say increase gst is to help with healthcare but healthcare become the 1st to increase wtf KNN

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
in ur work... u certainly dish out good advice :thumbsup:... btw, why so many people old + young are so addicted to asprin?

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle know 1 company leeleevering medical supplies going to increase gst to 8% from aug :frown: gov say increase gst is to help with healthcare but healthcare become the 1st to increase wtf KNN
GST can be waived (absorbed by government) for subsidized patients for out-patient appointments and hospital admissions. If you can, try to get medical supplies from government hospitals.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
btw, why so many people old + young are so addicted to asprin?
aspirin is a blood thiner. Mainstream doctors know that this simple med can buy you time if you got issues from blood clots or heart attack one day.

The high risk group will use warfarin. But as we become old, after taking these for many years, somewhere our pipes will leak, then we cannot take blood thinners and switch to structural heart implants.

Aspirin is also good for headaches and fever, good for sex drive.
BUT CHILDREN and TEENS should stick to panadols.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
in ur work... u certainly dish out good advice :thumbsup:
Mostly from work chatgroups. I never study bio or go university.

MOH lied a lot in the past three years, my impression of them completely changed. People on the ground are mostly committed and good-hearted, but MOH is evil in recent years. End up, good senior doctors don't even dare to put some things in writing, many so disillusioned and just focus on curing people, imparting their skills, and refused management roles because they don't want to go against their conscious.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
GST can be waived (absorbed by government) for subsidized patients for out-patient appointments and hospital admissions. If you can, try to get medical supplies from government hospitals.
Unfortunatelee most medical consumables or rather all are non subsidised even as a subsidised patients in gov hospitals eg gauze salines stoma products etc

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
To get those funding your entire familee clans need to be low income earners.
You stay in HDB? Should be easier to qualify if you are retiree and kick your working-kids out.

When I was in poly, a rich bitch qualified for school bursary because her old parents are retired or so-rich-until-don't-need to work. Then she will show off to the class that she can buy the latest motorola star-tac phone with the bursary funds.

If you want to qualify, you can be rich, but stay in HDB and retired or working part-time, kids not around you, etc. I got rich relatives staying alone, happily go for cheap dental appointment to clean their remaining teeth every six months under such schemes, while I myself didn't visit a dentist for many years.

A friend did the reverse and brought his old aunt (no dependent) to stay with him in his condo to care for her. As a result, the aunt was disqualified for more subsidies. He went to MPS and the fucking bastard Minister scolded him and said that he shouldn't depend on government help.

So you can be poor and still not enjoy more subsidy. Must know how to play the game.