• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Land reclaimation take years for the subsoil to settle down. Marina Sands took about 20 + years to get the land ready for building works.
Wonder if it is feasible engineering wise to get the land ready in 2015, assuming the RTS need 3 years to get it built.

The propose RTS in JB side also include a plan to reclaim land near to Tanjung Puteri.

Initially I also doubt where are they going to station in JB Sentral? But with reclaimed land proposal anything is possible.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
It maks a lot of sense for the Msia gov to build the RTS where they can reap maximum returns to fund the cost of building. Why do they want to benefit existing private owners when they have to pay for the bill of the RTS and which all the while they are known to be doing.

By putting the terminal at some newly reclaimed land which they can then developed themselves to maximise the benefits of investing in the RTS.

It make sense because it is also a shorter distance to connect and would give them lots of savings for their portion of the bill sharing.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pros: Existing population and development feed. Will help to rejunevate JB by spurring private initiatives. Shorter distance. Will definitely deepen the waterways.

Cons: Reclaim land is expensive. Waiting time for reclaimation land would be long before anything can be built. Brownfield area, so infrastructure planning maybe limited.

Someone in the property circle had proposed 2 alternative landbridges from the firing range to Kota Iskandar 2 years ago. Will these be considered? They are a lot shorter than Tuas bridge.

It maks a lot of sense for the Msia gov to build the RTS where they can reap maximum returns to fund the cost of building. Why do they want to benefit existing private owners when they have to pay for the bill of the RTS and which all the while they are known to be doing.

By putting the terminal at some newly reclaimed land which they can then developed themselves to maximise the benefits of investing in the RTS.

It make sense because it is also a shorter distance to connect and would give them lots of savings for their portion of the bill sharing.

Last edited:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini CBD will be bigger than old JB CBD.

There is a station at the heart of this new CBD.

A light tram route will loop around it, serving the attractions, like Puteri Harbour,
legoland, educity, kota iskandar, etc.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tot I saw a bus terminal just outside Kota Iskandar already.

Medini CBD will be bigger than old JB CBD.

There is a station at the heart of this new CBD.

A light tram route will loop around it, serving the attractions, like Puteri Harbour,
legoland, educity, kota iskandar, etc.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can see Legoland buses at the CIQ already (literally speaking). Just like Universal Studios in LA.

Latest news is early January. ferries would start to operate to Harbourfront only.

yes, buses will be used first until the traffic builds up

Last edited:

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where do you get the news on ferries operatoin between harbourfront and PH? May go to Harbourfront cruise centre to check.
I can see Legoland buses at the CIQ already (literally speaking). Just like Universal Studios in LA.

Latest news is early January. ferries would start to operate to Harbourfront only.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, pls check it out about the ferry.
I just can't wait to take that ferry and passing under the 2nd link. (As if it is like the Sydney Harbour bridge) :smile:

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
My loan for TEEGA was just approved but I am quite puzzled. My loan amount is more than my purchase price. Does anyone has this problem?
For ex. Let's say my purchase price b4 rebate is RM 1,000,000. After rebate of 12%, my purchase price is RM880,000. However, my banker agreed to loan me 90% base on my purchase price b4 rebate, that means RM900,000. What do you do? Should I ask for 80% loan?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have a good problem..hahaha...

Actually the banks normally take the list price to do the calculation. What you should do is to ask the developer what is their progress payment schedule which normally takes into the discount structure. For example 1st 5% discount for 1st billing, 2nd 5% discount for 2nd billing and last 2% discount for 3rd billing.
Then you know how much you can plan for your cash flow and how much loan you are supposed to take.

Anyway, it is easier to take say...80% of loan.

My loan for TEEGA was just approved but I am quite puzzled. My loan amount is more than my purchase price. Does anyone has this problem?
For ex. Let's say my purchase price b4 rebate is RM 1,000,000. After rebate of 12%, my purchase price is RM880,000. However, my banker agreed to loan me 90% base on my purchase price b4 rebate, that means RM900,000. What do you do? Should I ask for 80% loan?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ferry service fm Harbour Ft to Puteri Harbour

Heres the article extract fm Berita Minggu...translated in English

English translated text (Google)

7 Dec 2012
Ferry service from Singapore to the timeframe from March
By
ERVINA MOHD JAMIL

JOHOR BAHRU, MALAYSIA: FROM March, people can take a ferry to go across the causeway, especially to Nusajaya.

This is because the Princess Port (Puteri Harbour) International Ferry Terminal will be completed in about a month's time, thus making it 'third way' - linking Singapore and Malaysia.

Daily News learned that the ferry service will be provided from Harbourfront near VivoCity and is expected to take about 40 minutes to Nusajaya.

In addition to trips to Singapore, people can expect to Indonesia ferry ride from the ferry terminal.

Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director of UEM Land Holdings Berhad, Dato 'Wan Abdullah Wan Ibrahim, revealed this during a press conference in Port Princess, yesterday afternoon.

UEM Land is the leading developer of urban development Nusajaya, Iskandar Malaysia.

When asked what the Daily News ferry ticket fares can be expected, Dato 'Wan Abdullah said it was too early to give details of the terminal operator has also just appointed.

"It will be market driven ... not too expensive. If expensive, no one is going to go up," he said, adding that he also expects the number of visitors to Malaysia, especially to the state will increase with the 'third way' is.

Princess Port International Ferry Terminal is also close to the Port Princess Family Theme Park officially opened in a ceremony yesterday by Minister of Johor, Dato 'Haji Abdul Ghani Othman.

Enclosed theme park accommodates Hello Kitty Sanrio Town and The Little Big Club featuring popular cartoon characters like Thomas and Friends, Barney and others.

Since opening its doors to the public on October 26 last, Hello Kitty Sanrio Town and The Little Big Club has received approximately 45,000 visitors.

In addition to waterfront development in Puteri Harbour, Nusajaya industrial park also houses the Logistics Cluster and South Industry (Southern Industrial and Logistic Arrangement, SiLC), all of which attracted investments of RM127 million ($ 50.8 million) from Singapore.

Around 21 per cent of companies that invest in SiLC a Singapore company.

CEO and President Iskandar Investment Berhad (IIB), Datuk Syed Mohamed Ibrahim, also shared plans to bring in an institute of vocational education hub EduCity @ Iskandar which now houses the University of Newcastle Medicine Malaysia and Marlborough College Malaysia.

"We are currently in discussions with several institutions ... if we are lucky, we can make an announcement on the agreement we will sign by the fourth quarter of next year, if not, maybe 2014," said Syed.

Added, the institution will offer programs in hospitality and creative industries at the certificate and diploma.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

like tat yr 1st payment wouldn't be so tight lor..

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Funniman, I'll probably go ahead with 80% loan. This is my first time buying a property in Msia.
Not sure why banks loan based on developer's b4 discounted price.

You have a good problem..hahaha...

Actually the banks normally take the list price to do the calculation. What you should do is to ask the developer what is their progress payment schedule which normally takes into the discount structure. For example 1st 5% discount for 1st billing, 2nd 5% discount for 2nd billing and last 2% discount for 3rd billing.
Then you know how much you can plan for your cash flow and how much loan you are supposed to take.

Anyway, it is easier to take say...80% of loan.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
My pleasure. Banks are not supposed to know about discounts.
These are goodwill discounts....it will be shown only on the billings. I would advise you get a letter from developer on the promised discounts to protect yourself.

Thanks Funniman, I'll probably go ahead with 80% loan. This is my first time buying a property in Msia.
Not sure why banks loan based on developer's b4 discounted price.