• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Cupcake and Btravelling.. I will try to contact them.. Signing my spa tomorrow.. can't recall the package from teega, 12% rebate, any subsidy on spa / legal fee / bank fee?

For me my first 5% of 12% rebate was applied to initial downpayment, so my initail 10% downpayment was reduced to 5%. I had to pay the separate state approval fee/legal fee (foreigner tax I am calling it) which came to 11500 which was a surprise to me... But this is less then Canada GST, mortgage insurance and other fees so I am not bitching too much. We are expected to pay stamp fee, for some reason I thought I read somewhere this was covered for the earlybird purchasers?

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not being a MC. There are stll some who is quite wealthy and yet refuse to pay Maintenance fee in Singapore and acculmulate for months even with lawyer letters. Do you mean MC will only form after a few years in malaysia's condo. Singapore is on the 2nd year. Good to have an accountant and lawyer in the MC.
It all depends on how strong the MC is. Some owners only collect rentals and yet they forget about the maint. fees. Then the building maint. suffers as there's not enough funds to pay the bills. Normally the developer take care of the management for first few years then pass it over to the residents.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
After doing some searches.. realise the Sunway one is in Zone F Medini. By the way, Sunway major shareholder is GIC, so Singapore is really involved in Nusajaya in a big way.

As for the IDR, this is what I gathered so far..

7. The International Destination Resort is envisioned to be a complete destination resort anchored by international brand theme parks and other themed attractions. The International Destination Resort in Nusajaya will feature theme parks, water parks, 5-star hotels, resorts, prime real estate, golf courses, upmarket retail centres, restaurant districts and a marina.

The International Destination Resort at Nusajaya aims to be different from other Southeast and East Asian regional theme parks through state-of-the-art design, content and attractions. Due to its proximity to Singapore, it is also designed to complement Singapore’s Integrated Resorts by offering a world-class destination resort located in a lush tropical setting 13.8 times the size of the combined integrated resorts in Singapore. The International Destination Resort is easily accessible from Singapore, being approximately 40 km or just a half hour drive from downtown Singapore and 25 km from Johor Bahru city centre.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
And for Puteri Harbour

1. Puteri Harbour is the jewel of Nusajaya. This waterfront precinct, is an integrated waterfront and marina development that spans 688 acres offering a panoramic view of the Straits of Johor. Puteri Harbour redefines luxury living and offers boundless real estate benefits to the astute investor. Located adjacent to Kota Iskandar (Johor state new administrative centre), Puteri Harbour will be a unique luxurious lifestyle community, offering the experience of exceptional waterfront living, dining, entertainment, the arts and culture in a safe and picture postcard natural setting.

It is an ideal location for global or regional commerce and events, with state-of-the-art facilities and a business-friendly environment that will create world-class personal or business investment opportunities.

Puteri Harbour’s development components comprise waterfront residential (prime waterfront properties), commercial development (offices and retail shops), FAME ( Food & beverage outlets, Arts, Music and Entertainment), transportation hub (water transport terminal for water taxis and ferry, bus terminal, tram and LRT station), a marina (berthing, chandlery and accommodation facilities for boaters, yachters, boat/yacht charter owners/operators and water sports owners/operators) and a Cultural Park initiated and owned by the Johor State Government.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far, I have not heard of any developments in this IDR yet. The main focus is on Medini and PH and latest Gerbang. I suppose the spark will only be after the Residential North development.

After doing some searches.. realise the Sunway one is in Zone F Medini. By the way, Sunway major shareholder is GIC, so Singapore is really involved in Nusajaya in a big way.

As for the IDR, this is what I gathered so far..

7. The International Destination Resort is envisioned to be a complete destination resort anchored by international brand theme parks and other themed attractions. The International Destination Resort in Nusajaya will feature theme parks, water parks, 5-star hotels, resorts, prime real estate, golf courses, upmarket retail centres, restaurant districts and a marina.

The International Destination Resort at Nusajaya aims to be different from other Southeast and East Asian regional theme parks through state-of-the-art design, content and attractions. Due to its proximity to Singapore, it is also designed to complement Singapore’s Integrated Resorts by offering a world-class destination resort located in a lush tropical setting 13.8 times the size of the combined integrated resorts in Singapore. The International Destination Resort is easily accessible from Singapore, being approximately 40 km or just a half hour drive from downtown Singapore and 25 km from Johor Bahru city centre.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now the tipping point had been achieved, PH will not have anymore catalytic projects initiated by the Government. It has to be private driven.
Outstanding ones are: Convention Center (by Pesada?), Shopping malls (So far no major announcements yet). There's still a definite need for more hotels (Traders would be more than 50% occupied by the Govern officials for Kota Iskandar most of the time). We still did not hear of any initiatives for the operators of the private marina, hence the clubhouse. The present clubhouse need a makeover (but UEMland would only move to Imperia only in 2016), so it is status quo.

And for Puteri Harbour

1. Puteri Harbour is the jewel of Nusajaya. This waterfront precinct, is an integrated waterfront and marina development that spans 688 acres offering a panoramic view of the Straits of Johor. Puteri Harbour redefines luxury living and offers boundless real estate benefits to the astute investor. Located adjacent to Kota Iskandar (Johor state new administrative centre), Puteri Harbour will be a unique luxurious lifestyle community, offering the experience of exceptional waterfront living, dining, entertainment, the arts and culture in a safe and picture postcard natural setting.

It is an ideal location for global or regional commerce and events, with state-of-the-art facilities and a business-friendly environment that will create world-class personal or business investment opportunities.

Puteri Harbour’s development components comprise waterfront residential (prime waterfront properties), commercial development (offices and retail shops), FAME ( Food & beverage outlets, Arts, Music and Entertainment), transportation hub (water transport terminal for water taxis and ferry, bus terminal, tram and LRT station), a marina (berthing, chandlery and accommodation facilities for boaters, yachters, boat/yacht charter owners/operators and water sports owners/operators) and a Cultural Park initiated and owned by the Johor State Government.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Encorp, it is first year free maintenance. Then they will form the JMC with Encorp and local residence involved. After that the residents take over. Normally it is after 2 years. It depends on the DMC. What did it say?
I know of a condo which had s much accumulated bad debts in maintenance collection, that they were forced to employ Banglas as guards as they cannot afford quality ones. The security and waste disposals suffers...the rentals fell like dominos.

It is not being a MC. There are stll some who is quite wealthy and yet refuse to pay Maintenance fee in Singapore and acculmulate for months even with lawyer letters. Do you mean MC will only form after a few years in malaysia's condo. Singapore is on the 2nd year. Good to have an accountant and lawyer in the MC.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, hopefully Somerset could provide some relief.

As we k see in Jarkata, the apartments and Hotel rooms are filled to the brim because of expats going in due to the large number of infrastructure projects. Therefore, it will be exciting to see that happening to KL and Iskandar.

Now the tipping point had been achieved, PH will not have anymore catalytic projects initiated by the Government. It has to be private driven.
Outstanding ones are: Convention Center (by Pesada?), Shopping malls (So far no major announcements yet). There's still a definite need for more hotels (Traders would be more than 50% occupied by the Govern officials for Kota Iskandar most of the time). We still did not hear of any initiatives for the operators of the private marina, hence the clubhouse. The present clubhouse need a makeover (but UEMland would only move to Imperia only in 2016), so it is status quo.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Sommerset is the big winner though it be occupied mostly by long term contractors / expats.

Yes, hopefully Somerset could provide some relief.

As we k see in Jarkata, the apartments and Hotel rooms are filled to the brim because of expats going in due to the large number of infrastructure projects. Therefore, it will be exciting to see that happening to KL and Iskandar.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I asked the question on the composition of foreigners and locals, and residents and tenants. Which is better? Do you have information of the size of each project at PH on the no. of units?
For Encorp, it is first year free maintenance. Then they will form the JMC with Encorp and local residence involved. After that the residents take over. Normally it is after 2 years. It depends on the DMC. What did it say?
I know of a condo which had s much accumulated bad debts in maintenance collection, that they were forced to employ Banglas as guards as they cannot afford quality ones. The security and waste disposals suffers...the rentals fell like dominos.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I asked the question on the composition of foreigners and locals, and residents and tenants. Which is better? Do you have information of the size of each project at PH on the no. of units?

Think I read somewhere a couple of months back, Malaysisa has passed the legislation whereby MCs are given the power to auctioned off the properties of owners whom owed arrears and accumulated interest. One of the news articles in Propertyguru my.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
MC aka Resident's Association is made up of resident house owners. It is a thankless job. You never get a TQ for a job well done but you get brickbats even for a slightest mistake.

Quality of residents are very important in a neighbourhood. That begins with the initial price and the perception of the property when it is first sold. The more expensive it is and higher the rental, the more snobbish the owners are and the more discerning one can be. But at least you know the money is there. If the property is cheap and everyone can afford to buy, then you have a problem. You will have students cramped in one unit, you have cars randomly parked all over, you have the pools full of whoever is staying in there.

The onset of the way the property management is conducted is also extremely vital as it sets the pace and precedence of how things are managed.

One way I do know of how the management would refuse to agree the sale of the property until all the maintenance fees are fully paid.

Think I read somewhere a couple of months back, Malaysisa has passed the legislation whereby MCs are given the power to auctioned off the properties of owners whom owed arrears and accumulated interest. One of the news articles in Propertyguru my.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
My relative misses out on Teega yesterday for the smaller units as all have been swooped up.

price is about RM850psf for twenty something flr unfurnished.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quiet 2013 predicted for Malaysian secondary property market
Prices within the secondary property market are likely to stagnate or rise only marginally next year in Malaysia, the Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents (MIEA) announced.

“Prices may stagnate but it won’t drop in 2013,” MIEA president Nixon Paul told reporters.

Nixon added many sellers had the holding power and would only sell if potential buyers could meet their price and that sellers don’t have any urgency to sell at the moment.

Zerin Properties chief executive officer Previn Singhe said he expected an increase in property prices in locations where land was scarce.

“Property prices will generally be flat next year but in some locations, it will inch up.” Singhe said. “This will be in areas where land is scarce such as Bangsar Baru, Taman Desa, Taman Tun and some parts of Cheras.”

Singhe added that improving ties between Johor and Singapore would also boost the property market in Johor.

Rahim & Co (Johor) Sdn Bhd executive director Loo Kung Hoe said he expected high-end property prices in Johor to appreciate between 20 percent and 40 percent in 2013.

“This is primarily due to investments going into Iskandar Malaysia which will boost the property market there. Last year, prices appreciated about 30 percent,” Loo said.

- Property Report Asia

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whenever Singaporeans drive up north to Malaysia, we often drive past Johor Bahru to Kuala Lumpur as there is nothing much to do in the closest Malaysian state to Singapore. An exception, of course, is to do grocery shopping and for Muslims to buy cookies and cakes at the bazaar stalls during the festive month of Ramadan.

Soon, however, all that is set to change come next month when LEGOLAND Malaysia officially opens. Managed under a subsidiary of Khazanah Nasional by Themed Attractions Malaysia, work is underway to ensure a smooth opening with finishing touches being put to the miniature buildings at MINILAND.

During my last site visit in March this year, construction staff at LEGOLAND Malaysia took me on a jeep with safety helmets as we braved the muddy tracks to see the progress taking place. Back then, the structure for the roller coaster rides had already been laid but there was still plenty of work to do. Tickets have already been snapped up at a travel expo. I was left wondering if they will be able to open in time.

LEGOLAND Malaysia recently made an announcement that it will officially open on 15 September. Looking at the picture from the site visit attached in this article, the speed of construction to ensure a timely opening is quite a feat.

That’s not all. The Rapid Transit System (RTS) station will be located very near to LEGOLAND Malaysia. The RTS will connect the MRT extension from Tuas. At this time of writing, plans are still being finalised between Singapore and Malaysian governments if the train connection will be built above ground or under the sea. This is considered a milestone in Singapore-Malaysia bilateral relationships which were often rocky during the Lee Kuan Yew-Mahathir era.

There’s more to come. Come November, Singaporeans can also look forward to other themed attractions, meant to capture the younger audience. Over in Puteri Harbour, Themed Attractions Malaysia will be opening the first ‘Hello Kitty Town’ outside Japan, ‘The Little Big Club’ and ‘Lat’s Place’, just in time for the school holidays. There are also plans for ferry rides from Singapore to the CIQ facility in Puteri Harbour. In all, Themed Park Attractions is expecting 500,000 visitors to make their way here annually.

Having covered the special economic zone since 2008 when it was still a massive and dusty construction site, it is really exciting to see Iskandar Malaysia finally taking shape.

http://www.property-report.com/beyon...in-johor-24065

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The JB CBD people is not going to like this article.:biggrin:
Anyway, I believe that the Thompson - Tanjung Puteri RTS link connection is in order.
It would be a bonus if the RTS goes to Nusajaya.

The propose RTS in JB side also include a plan to reclaim land near to Tanjung Puteri.

Initially I also doubt where are they going to station in JB Sentral? But with reclaimed land proposal anything is possible.