• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Popular Brand Wrist Watches Only Watch Enthusiasts Would Want

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yeah, that's a beauty! I like all black too. This is the rainbow version, funky!!! :biggrin: Not sure of the prices for these, probably five figures.

K.N.N.

During my time, there was the Citizen
""black is beautiful"" range.

20210529_233249.jpg

But, I was also crazy collecting Swatch limited edition.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
K.N.N.

View attachment 112320

I own several Citizen titanium watches and they are really fucking lightweight ! Too bad titanium cannot tahan knocks and they scratch very easily. After one month your watch feels like you've worn it for one year.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
K.N.N.

View attachment 112320

Honestly, not a fan of black PVD watches. But I am fine with black rubber ones. Citizen makes good watches, their miyota brand movements are popular with micro brands. But not as popular as Seiko. My ex-wife collected Swatch watches too! You should've told me earlier, I would've taken them off her before I kicked her out. :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I think modern chronographs are using the more inferior Lemania movements
I didn't know that.

I wonder how good the Sellita SW510 chronograph is. I am also seeing more and more micro brands using seiko mecha-quartz (chrono movement), but this movement does not sexcite me.

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle is not a watch enthusiast but if my uncle want to participate here he can only say
1. His $200+ seiko watch look nice manlee and performing preciselee for the last 25 years KNN
2. Once his backside itchy went bkk night market and bought a Q&Q for sgd $8 and ended up looked down by prostitute KNN this lesson taught him that don't wear watch is better than wearing a pasar malam watch KNN

K.N.N.

Your Uncle should be wearing a genuine
Lolex Oyster,
or Lolex Abalone KNN.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Honestly, not a fan of black PVD watches. But I am fine with black rubber ones. Citizen makes good watches, their miyota brand movements are popular with micro brands. But not as popular as Seiko. My ex-wife collected Swatch watches too! You should've told me earlier, I would've taken them off her before I kicked her out. :biggrin:
I will swear by the Miyota 9015. The movement is so smooth it is almost like the Spring-drive. The movement itself is only SGD100 on Aliexpress.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't know that.

I wonder how good the Sellita SW510 chronograph is. I am also seeing more and more micro brands using seiko mecha-quartz (chrono movement), but this movement does not sexcite me.
You mean the Kinetic movement. I owned a few. They nice to wear but they need to worn regularly to keep charge.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I still prefer my Rolex. As a highly respected community leader and grassroots leader, a Rolex is a good fit for my public image as well as to help me manage my time better.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
You mean the Kinetic movement. I owned a few. They nice to wear but they need to worn regularly to keep charge.
Not Kinetic movement.

A meca-quartz movement is a hybrid, with two distinct mechanisms working in partnership: in a meca-quartz chronograph, the timekeeping functions are controlled by a quartz movement, while the stopwatch functions of the chronograph are recorded by a mechanical module. Both functions are powered by the same battery.

Really looks like an auto chrono movement.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I still prefer my Rolex. As a highly respected community leader and grassroots leader, a Rolex is a good fit for my public image as well as to help me manage my time better.

You die liao, you didn't get the memo from Bro Chun Sing? The expensive watches stay in the safe, only wear your humble Casio in public. And publicise only the Casio.:biggrin:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not Kinetic movement.

A meca-quartz movement is a hybrid, with two distinct mechanisms working in partnership: in a meca-quartz chronograph, the timekeeping functions are controlled by a quartz movement, while the stopwatch functions of the chronograph are recorded by a mechanical module. Both functions are powered by the same battery.

Really looks like an auto chrono movement.

My bad. Goes to show how out of touch I am with the world of horology now....:tongue: