• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Popular Brand Wrist Watches Only Watch Enthusiasts Would Want

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Breitling is overrated and overpriced. Just the name only. I'll go for a Titoni Airmaster or Cosmo King anytime.
Every watch is overpriced because there is many middlemen from factory to agents to resellers and each party takes a cut. And Swiss watchmakers will raise prices by 10% yearly, so the same watch will cost double in 10 years time.
You can mitigate this by buying parts and assembling the watch yourself.

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every watch is overpriced because there is many middlemen from factory to agents to resellers and each party takes a cut.
You can mitigate this by buying parts and assembling yourself.
You fucking imbecile.

If you buy a Patek now, u can easily sell it for 30% higher in 10 years time. It’s a bargain.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol ok ok… come on I’m sure u didn’t see BRIETLING as the first option right? I mean u chose a Casio over a Brietling! Lol
I never like the Breitling look anyway. My daily beater is a Casio or Seiko 5. I own a Rolex Milgaus green sapphire and an Omega Seamaster but seldom wear them.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle is not a watch enthusiast but if my uncle want to participate here he can only say
1. His $200+ seiko watch look nice manlee and performing preciselee for the last 25 years KNN
2. Once his backside itchy went bkk night market and bought a Q&Q for sgd $8 and ended up looked down by prostitute KNN this lesson taught him that don't wear watch is better than wearing a pasar malam watch KNN

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
@glockman I see many continental watches here so I’m shy to contribute to your thread my Asian watch that I seem to like, a humble Seiko. Hope you don’t mind.

B3E550C8-1EEE-4C36-B404-5AEF294F6BDE.jpeg

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never like the Breitling look anyway. My daily beater is a Casio or Seiko 5. I own a Rolex Milgaus green sapphire and an Omega Seamaster but seldom wear them.

Rolex Milgaus is in high demand now. U can make a tidy profit if you decide to offload. It’s surprising. I was seeing it everywhere until the demand spilt over from pent up demand of consumers not being able to get the Rolex Daytonas or GMTs.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
@glockman I see many continental watches here so I’m shy to contribute to your thread my Asian watch that I seem to like, a humble Seiko. Hope you don’t mind.

View attachment 112301
Grand Seiko eh. Often underrated brand but it’s movement if you are able to observe up close is probably one of the best. Sweeping movement without the slight stutter with most watches even the expensive ones. Of course it has to do with the fact that the movement is a bit of a hybrid of an automatic + quartz in its Spring Drive movement.

https://www.strapcode.com/pages/grand-seiko-hi-beat-vs-spring-drive

Grand Seiko Spring Drive

This brings us to the famous Spring Drive. The beauty of it is that it combines the works of automatic mechanical movement and a quartz watch, which shoots it to the top of the charts when it comes to the accuracy. Therefore, Grand Seiko timepieces with Spring Drive inside are on the higher-end of pricing under brand.

BEST GRAND SEIKO Snowflake SBGA211 watch bands

The Snowflake, most wanted Grand Seiko, image source : Youtube - Horology House

One of the most famous Grand Seiko watches with Spring Drive inside is certainly the Snowflake (SBGA011), with its captivating white dial that reminds of a fluffy snow and 9R65 movement with 72 hours of power reserves. The Snowflake’s accuracy is rated to 15 seconds per month, just for a reference, as well as that of other watches with the same caliber inside, such are Grand Seiko Spring Drive SBGA001, SBGA003, SBGA083 and SBGA085.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rolex Milgaus is in high demand now. U can make a tidy profit if you decide to offload. It’s surprising. I was seeing it everywhere until the demand spilt over from pent up demand of consumers not being able to get the Rolex Daytonas or GMTs.
I never sell my watches. Except for that silly size 34mm Rolex which my client gave me recently which I am now trying to offload.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Wow easily one of the ugliest watch I have seen. And a comical compass at the bottom. Are u trying to find your way out of your wife’s cheebye?

Let me show you what a beautiful chronograph is like.
View attachment 112307
View attachment 112306View attachment 112305
Zenith El Primero should be the chrono watch of choice. Even the Daytona used its movement for the longest time. It's really value for money as compared to the Daytona. It also has an industrious history.

https://www.watchtime.com/featured/on-the-cusp-a-brief-history-of-the-zenith-el-primero/
Zenith_Rainbow_90s_1000.jpg

https://watchesbysjx.com/2019/01/zenith-50-years-el-primero-anniversary-set.html
Zenith-50-Years-El-Primero-Anniversary-Set-1.jpg

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Zenith El Primero should be the chrono watch of choice. Even the Daytona used its movement for the longest time. It's really value for money as compared to the Daytona. It also has an industrious history.

https://www.watchtime.com/featured/on-the-cusp-a-brief-history-of-the-zenith-el-primero/
Zenith_Rainbow_90s_1000.jpg

https://watchesbysjx.com/2019/01/zenith-50-years-el-primero-anniversary-set.html
Zenith-50-Years-El-Primero-Anniversary-Set-1.jpg
I love the 1st-gen all black Flyback. Subdue, masculine and elegant all encased in one. I remember asking the price in the early 90s. It was close to SGD5000 then. I can't imagine how much this watch costs now.

imgrc0069403555.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I love the 1st-gen all black Flyback. Subdue, masculine and elegant all encased in one. I remember asking the price in the early 90s. It was close to SGD5000 then. I can't imagine how much this watch costs now.

View attachment 112312
Oh yeah, that's a beauty! I like all black too. This is the rainbow version, funky!!! :biggrin: Not sure of the prices for these, probably five figures.

1997-Vintage-Zenith-El-Primero-Flyback-Rainbow-Milatry-Chronograph-1.jpg

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The very 1st chronograph I owed around year 2000 from Fortis....Paid SGD1500 for it then. Topped up $200 for sapphire crystal glass. Using the tried and tested Valjoux 7760 movement. Too bad the company went under. All their chronograph models really looked very sporty.

fortis-flieger-chronograph-vintage-swiss-watch-automatic.jpg