• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Popular Brand Wrist Watches Only Watch Enthusiasts Would Want

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
yep, Tudor is a better value proposition especially now with their MT inhouse movement. Omega used to like that when they used ETA movements, before they put in their inhouse co-axial movement. Then they went down the path that Rolex took, jacked up their prices like crazy. My pelagos is my daily beater, but I use it on a rubber strap.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like Citizen with the Eagle Badge ... even the clock in Narita Airport is Citizen.

thecitizen-chronomaster-three-layflat.jpg

mixmasternrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
If money is no object, then this Breitling Blackbird Avenger will be my object of desire.

Agree whole heartedly - bought this used pre-covid well under $3K with boxes and papers and still wear it on weekends alternating with my Avenger Seawolf II
4e4777886d7827e0dbf6e8270ea307f6_1800x1800.jpg
V1731110-BD74-109W-M20BASA.1.jpg

Both, for similar watches, wear different and suit very different outfits/outings with the Blackbird being more understated and stealthy and the Seawolf more in your face :biggrin:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My best watch was from the 70s. My HongKee uncle gave me as a present and it attracted lotsa attention in class. It seeps battery like water and was heavy as fuck though.

mixmasternrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
My best watch was from the 70s. My HongKee uncle gave me as a present and it attracted lotsa attention in class. It seeps battery like water and was heavy as fuck though.

That is the forerunner to the Hamilton PSR - a beautiful piece available in DLC steel
h52404130_lowresweb.png

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree whole heartedly - bought this used pre-covid well under $3K with boxes and papers and still wear it on weekends alternating with my Avenger Seawolf II

Both, for similar watches, wear different and suit very different outfits/outings with the Blackbird being more understated and stealthy and the Seawolf more in your face :biggrin:
My fav was the Aerospace from the late 90s. It was light as fuck and made me feel ripped-off paying $1800 for something so weightless. But it did made me felt like a real man. :biggrin:

23842174_2.jpg

Last edited:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I like Breitling purely for that winged insignia. Sibeh garang. And the name just oozes class.

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I haven’t bot a watch 4 20 years at least. acceptable? :biggrin:

Seriously who owns a watch zese days unless u r a minister :cool:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

At my uncle's watch store, those watches are risky, because if you do not aell it faar enough, the wholesale prices declibe every month.

mixmasternrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well SG has its own microwatch brand that is making waves. Started in 2017 by NUS Mechanical grad Elshan Tang, Zelos has quite a following among watch enthusiasts and bloggers. I bought the Horizons V2 GMT 200m SS Blue Meteorite, using the Swiss ETA 2893 movement. Depending on the model the movement tends to be Swiss Sellitta or La Joux Perret or ETA and Seiko and even Miyota in their earlier days. Still have it. And when other enthusiasts recognise it they fawn over it. Frankly, I love it. well made and well priced (between USD 600 to 1100) depending on model.

rubber-BLUE-Mete-GMT2761-PSMR_800x.jpg

This is a newer model also same aesthetic Spearfish GMT Meteorite Sellita movement
zelos_spearfish_gmt_meteorite_1671592279_0a28a3df_progressive

Last edited: