• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee explain why by election is not necessary

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Possibly that's the result of being 'intoxicated' for too long on those astronomical salaries of his for countless years, but which necessarily requires ACCOUNTING for in time.

Ahem he not even giving a reason

This sort of logic will fail a PSLE, A Level, Uni paper

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, i feel that now, abit more people think,,and due to Tin Pot Ling, the PAP vote for Marine parade dropped and Wooden was pissed off as he was made to look worse,,,so the person that stands on the party ticket is important. In a GRC, this risk is mitigated and the party name plays a bigger role,,in an SMC its more about the person,,look at Tan Cheng Bock and Amy Khor, they win by higher margins because the people in the constituency knows them,,,in Potong Pasir with CST,,,he won many erections till he put his wife in PP and lost.

That is why the GRC is anti democracy (amongst many things done by the PAPPIES) and needs to be abolish. Democracy is about voting for the gahmen that best represents the wishes of the people. But democracy is also the worse form of gahmen apart from the others that ever existed( winston churchill) and I find the Westminister system is one of the worse forms of democracy.

It places too much emphasis on party politics which makes those in the party powderful and these senior party people are not chosen by the people. I find that in singapore;s position, over time we can develop a better democratic system that will meet the people and countries needs, but at the present with the dominance of the PAP and the system in place,,we are pretty much stagnant.

I prefer to vote for the person than the party,,I hate PAP but I would vote for Tan Soo Khoon, Tan cheng bock etc,,,but they were gotten rid of by Pinky as they were a threat to him and not cause they were incompetent. In ang mor land, TSK and TCB would be PM as they have electoral appeal,,in singkieland they were gotten rid of cos they make pinky look bad.

I remember the joke about TSK,,when he was parliamentary speaker, he never spoke. When he was a backbencher he spoke more,,and at that time, PAP sprouted that PAP MPs were more opposition than opposition,,,and that is why must vote PAP,,but within 1 parliamentary term, these so called 'PAP Opposition' was gotten rid off and replace with incompetent yes men and women.

Some people are chosen not necessarily for their being intellectually heavyweight, but for other attributes or because they could further a larger objective. Surely, when Tin Pei Ling, at age 27, was chosen for last year's GE I immediately felt it was to set a precedent so that someone's son could possibly be fielded at the subsequent GE. Also, is Desmond Choo intellectual? Not in my books. The PM can field any number of candidates in PE. The person need not be top-notch. Voters vote party ticket, NOT person.

yenwei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not necessary? The voters of Punggol East did not vote for Ser Luck to overtake the constituency. When any MP resigns or leaves, a by-election should be held to ensure voters are represented by the MP whom the majority have chosen and not ask any MPs from neighboring constituencies to overtake.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Elections vote for the person to govern the constituency. The majority party forms the govt. Apparently, Pinky has not remembered what he studied overseas.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like he explained your CPF is invested by TH and if TH lost your CPF the government still have your CPF money to give to TH to keep investing for you.

That is government is TH and TH is government and pass money from left hand to right hand of the same person.

"There is a reason for it, because you are electing a team to represent you when you are going to a general election and not just electing an individual in that constituency, but really you are electing a member of a government and the person stands wearing a logo representing a political party.

"Really, the right way to choose a government is in a general election when the choice is put and that choice is really for the term of the government, unless there is a complete change in Parliament. Otherwise, individual MPs, whether they resign or something happens to them, ought not to be able to upset the overall political situation, and that's the reason why it is designed like this.

Any comment?

Last edited:

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My take on this matter is this.

1) The more PM delay the BE the worse it is for PAP in general

2) Mickey was a popular MP there,,the residents like him,,,so I was also told alot of new shitizens live there too,,that means they are highly PAPPIE supporters,,so opposition contest there start on the back foot.

3) The longer the delay, the more time it gives Oppo to work the ground...and it will show TSL as an asshole. Can any frens here who live in TSL constituency give us an indication on how popular TSL is? I dont think he is popular as I have frens who went to his MPS and was surprise by what a dick head he his..
4) I hope the WP bring this up in parliament to argue for a change in the constitution so that a BE is required if any MP vacate his seat,,within 6 months unless the GE is around the corner,,this is a fundamental law in singapore,,PAP has to play by the rules.,eventhough it will get nowhere,,it will put PAP and Pinky in the back foot,,make him look bad

5) There is a higher chance of PAP winning the BE,,it seems that there will be multi party fights,,but WP has to contest and if they contest and win 40%, PAP win 50% and 10% go to the 3rd rate oppo,,than it shows that WP has credibility and is popular, if PAP win by less than 50% but won due to the past the post system,,than it shows PAP has no credibility at all

6) PAP has no popular members now which are loyal to Pinky. MPs are chosen due to their loyalty and not their competence. If PAP really wants to win this BE hands down,,they have to select someone popular but not a Pinky Yes man/women.

These Popular PAP ones are (my personal opinion hor)
a) Tan Soo Khoon
b) Tan Cheng Bock
c) Wong Kai Yuen?
d) any others?

If a and b contest,,I will be torn in voting for them or Oppo,,

If PAP puts an unknow General or Civil Serpent, it will be harder for PAP to win,,and will be most likely a win based on Party preference,,

just my rants,,,

If people only apear just because there is BE coming, you think people will care?

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like he explained your CPF is invested by TH and if TH lost your CPF the government still have your CPF money to give to TH to keep investing for you.

That is government is TH and TH is government and pass money from left hand to right hand of the same person.

Becuase it is a powerful ponzi scheme that has a captive investor!