• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Please Help With These Dialect Phrases or Words

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. bro, one more most common hk street slang "tiu lei".
2. hahaha!

Fuck in...
Teochiew = Poo (e.g. poo nia nia ngor chee)
Cantonese = Tiu (e.g. tiu lei lou mou chao hai)
Hokkien = Kan (e.g. kan nin na bu chao chee bye)

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
ah hia oy!
兄长啊
wu xi nang si jioh seh: si oy serng buoy dter, liao char bee lai puey hang zi... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
有时人是这样:是会算不会除,插水稻秧来赔番薯。

Btw, I read your earlier teochew sentence about 5 times and still couln't decipher it. At most know a few words. :o

jw5

Loyal
hi there

1. bro, one more most common hk street slang "tiu lei".
2. hahaha!

bro, can I ask a serious question?
"tiu lei" in cantonese is used when the guy wants to scold someone "fark u" right?
But what is the literal meaning of "tiu lei", as in does it depict the sex act or is it just a vulgarity with no specific meaning?
Thanks.

jw5

Loyal
Fuck in...
Hokkien = Kan (e.g. kan nin na bu chao chee bye)

bro, originating from taiwanese menanyu, it should be "kan ne niang chao chee bye".
That's why they have 3 word (knn) or 6 word (knnccb) vulgarity not seven word.
kan nin na actually has no meaning.

jw5

Loyal
ah hia oy!
兄长啊
wu xi nang si jioh seh: si oy serng buoy dter, liao char bee lai puey hang zi... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
有时人是这样:是会算不会除,插水稻秧来赔番薯。

Thanks bro, got it now. :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hokkien (whether Fujian Minanese, Taiwanese or Singlish version) is very versatile in prounciation adaptation or abbreviation. Kan nin na or kan nin nia still means the same, fuck your mother. Or simply, you kan bu means you're motherfucker. A more civil example, Guangzhou (the city) is prounced kng jiu in Hokkien but the same word guang is pronounced kong in Hokkien as in kong tai (big and vast). Same as in Tong tiao (Tang dynasty) and Tng lang (Tang people or Chinese people).

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

bro,
knn has a meaning. the actual phrase is "kan nin nia" or screw your mother. nia is 娘
pretty much a colloquial version of its extended version.
problem is, folks had to bastardise the words with a slur, which ends up with kanina...

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"tiu lei" in cantonese is used when the guy wants to scold someone "fark u" right?
But what is the literal meaning of "tiu lei", as in does it depict the sex act or is it just a vulgarity with no specific meaning?
Thanks.

hi there

1. "tiu lei" is very rough & coarse street slang!
2. it equates "f u" literally.
3. nothing more nothing less!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another variation is...

Cantonese - Tiu gao nei (go fuck a dog.)

Hokkien - Hor gao kan (go get fucked by a dog.) There's even a forummer here with this nick.

I think as usual, vulgarity competition, Hokkien wins.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lor mang (Cantonese) - need to hear it

It should be Lor men = Means you are killing me = Asking too much from me = Alamaking demanding another orgasm....LOL

I have no idea what he is trying to sound until you write this.

I think it is more like "Lor Maeng". It means take (Lor) life (Maeng). It is more like an action from the target which hurts the speaker. For instance, the target penetrate into a virgin. the pain from virgin cause her to say " Lor maeng meh?!"

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have no idea what he is trying to sound until you write this.

I think it is more like "Lor Maeng". It means take (Lor) life (Maeng). It is more like an action from the target which hurts the speaker. For instance, the target penetrate into a virgin. the pain from virgin cause her to say " Lor maeng meh?!"

Now I see, it's the same as Mandarin Chinese yao ming.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks.

Actually there are more application in this word, depending on how you use it.

There is a video on Youtube.com about application on "tiu". There are 2 ways that the program taught.

First one is "lau tiu". "Lau" means courting. the application of "lau tiu" is on a person challenging you to a fight ( either by wit of fist). So exmple is " this guy is doing this on purpose to piss you off, he is definitely ' lau tiu'."

The second one is " daei tiu", meaning "deserve the fuck", its more like deserve the punishment. Example of use is " This guy screw up too much, he is definitely 'daei tiu'."

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the gao here doesn't mean dog.....it refers to the cock.
usually used by malaysians/singaporeans....seldom by honkies

Another variation is...

Cantonese - Tiu gao nei (go fuck a dog.)

Hokkien - Hor gao kan (go get fucked by a dog.) There's even a forummer here with this nick.

I think as usual, vulgarity competition, Hokkien wins.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the gao here doesn't mean dog.....it refers to the cock.
usually used by malaysians/singaporeans....seldom by honkies

Sure or not? I've lived in HK, GZ and SF Chinatown before. Cantonese penis is pronounced almost the same as Hokkien penis, laan, e.g. laan xi laan yong = like cock shit like cock. But Cantonese never used lanjiao as in Hokkien, instead just dragging the laan longer.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tiu na singh is the most commonly used back then....

literally fuck your mother.....no idea why singh means mother though

Actually there are more application in this word, depending on how you use it.

There is a video on Youtube.com about application on "tiu". There are 2 ways that the program taught.

First one is "lau tiu". "Lau" means courting. the application of "lau tiu" is on a person challenging you to a fight ( either by wit of fist). So exmple is " this guy is doing this on purpose to piss you off, he is definitely ' lau tiu'."

The second one is " daei tiu", meaning "deserve the fuck", its more like deserve the punishment. Example of use is " This guy screw up too much, he is definitely 'daei tiu'."