• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Please Guess??? Top Jiuhu Chiobu Student Could not Get Matland Scholarship!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
muud bumis need to get only 3-4 As to get the same scholarship, but with a faster promotion track.
Chinks are kiasu and test oriented, rich urban ones have many tutors at beck and call. That a lot of advantages which is where affirmative action comes in, not say msia is racist or what.

Even ccp China has affirmative action for rural poor and minorities. Chinks who were rejected can easily afford to go over seas for a good education.

"Don't be a cheap skate and gorge on state largesse can?" is what I will say to a msian chink complaining. :unsure:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And even if she don’t qualify for government scholarships in mudland, she qualifies for PTPTN study loan as Malaysian citizen and many Malaysians don’t even repay their study loan according to Malaysian newspapers. That’s very sneaky to keep quiet on such valid option available to ALL Malaysian citizens while cry discrimination on scholarships.
Let this a lesson we cannot see things on face value.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chinks who were rejected can easily afford to go over seas for a good education.

I doubt that's true for most jiuhu chinks.

The islamist muuds here like to point at 1 or 2 rich commodities chink billionaires, and say all chinks are very rich. When I went to jiuhu, many chinks there depend on non-moslem tourists for their little businesses to survive.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better be so called discriminated when there are actually many options available than be so called no discrimination when actually there is no option available.
Or worse so called No discrimination when actually you are badly discriminated because you don’t fit the government definition of Singaporean or Singaporean household.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Like for my SPM in 2010, I got 9A+ for all core subjects. I was very active in extracurricular activities, having held leadership roles, and also represented my school in various English and Math competitions.”
“But when I went to apply JPA scholarship from the Ministry of Education, they rejected my overseas scholarship application and I found out that Bumiputeras get overseas scholarships in developed countries for 4-5 years even when they only scored a few As,” she said.
Wow so easy to get overseas scholarship in mudland? 9A+ for SPM in 2010 ie 9A1 for GCE O level in 2010 can expect to get overseas scholarship already? That’s not possible for Singaporeans even during my time in 1980s lol. You need GCE A level and at least two special papers distinction even during then. Malaysians are so lucky.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow so easy to get overseas scholarship in mudland? 9A+ for SPM in 2010 ie 9A1 for GCE O level in 2010 can expect to get overseas scholarship already? That’s not possible for Singaporeans even during my time in 1980s lol. You need GCE A level and at least two special papers distinction even during then. Malaysians are so lucky.
Oh ya I have 8A1 and 1 A2 in my GCE O level. Can kpkb pap no give me overseas scholarship?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And I am not being humble or anything. The fact is I failed - can’t remember it’s E or F - in my further maths subject in my first year of junior college.
Not sure about now but at that time you take four A level subjects in the first year but you can drop one subject if you want as university only need scores of three A level subjects.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure about now but at that time you take four A level subjects in the first year but you can drop one subject if you want as university only need scores of three A level subjects.
But if you take only three A level subjects, it’s considered as no good and as good as zero chance for any scholarship.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
But if you take only three A level subjects, it’s considered as no good and as good as zero chance for any scholarship.
Which means it’s no point to take special papers at all if I drop one A level subject. S paper is like accolade while four A level subjects with A is like basic requirement for scholarship.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which means it’s no point to take special papers at all if I drop one A level subject. S paper is like accolade while four A level subjects with A is like basic requirement for scholarship.
So I decided not to drop any subject and just concentrate my efforts to improve my F maths score.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
So I decided not to drop any subject and just concentrate my efforts to improve my F maths score.
Don’t forget I was also very busy with part time tuition during my JC time as I was not sure about my ability to secure any scholarships at all.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don’t forget I was also very busy with part time tuition during my JC time as I was not sure about my ability to secure any scholarships at all.
And my efforts to concentrate - mugging F maths ten year series - and stopped all part time tuition in the last half year of my junior college paid off - with my F maths turned around from E or F to A and that’s why I got a scholarship but of course not an overseas scholarship since I didn’t take any S papers.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And my efforts to concentrate - mugging F maths ten year series - and stopped all part time tuition in the last half year of my junior college paid off - with my F maths turned around from E or F to A and that’s why I got a scholarship but of course not an overseas scholarship since I didn’t take any S papers.
So my point is it’s not easy for Singaporeans like me with 8 A1 and 1 A2 to get even a local scholarship back then. Malaysians are so lucky to get overseas scholarships with much lesser results and can kpkb if can’t get.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
So my point is it’s not easy for Singaporeans like me with 8 A1 and 1 A2 to get even a local scholarship back then. Malaysians are so lucky to get overseas scholarships with much lesser results and can kpkb if can’t get.
And Malaysian government is so good to give 1% interest study loan for ALL Malaysians to study university worry free. Not sure but I don’t think Singapore government even have it now not to mention back then.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And Malaysian government is so good to give 1% interest study loan for ALL Malaysians to study university worry free. Not sure but I don’t think Singapore government even have it now not to mention back then.
If spore government have such good PTPTN program back then, I won’t have to suffer four years of anxiety and worry - from age 15 secondary three - and spending much time giving part time tuition in junior college and unable to concentrate on my studies. PTPTN program is such a blessing to people like me, unfortunately no such good luck of Malaysians.