• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Perspective - The Forummer

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can't go around banning someone just because you disagree with what they say. This sort of action puts you squarely in the same camp as the PAP with their use of the ISA and kangaroo courts to silence their critics.

I have given infraction powers to a select group so they can help deal with spammers and those who deface the forum with graffiti (huge fonts, disgusting graphics etc)

Every member of sammyboy.com has every right to express an opinion regarding any other member or any issue under the sun. By banning a member in the course of a debate, you are effectively shutting down one side of the chamber and giving the other team free reign to say whatever they like without fear of rebuttal.

If you misuse your powers again, I'll remove them.

It's just human nature. He has been pushed far enough. Now i would like to see if the screw continues to push his buttons which i am very sure he will to somehow force AK to ban him or do something along those lines and thus allow you to step in and remove his powers.

You have to understand that placed in similar circumstances the screw would most likely act the same way who knows react even more hastily.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No it's not. If it was, I'd react the same way too but I never have.

Isn't it plain obvious that not all humans react the same way? Using yourself as an example still wouldn't suffice cos if a number say 10 forummers were in the same predicament as AK maybe 8 would react like he did.

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leongsam has the infraction log. I seldom infract but when I do, it's usually only for spamming, i.e. same one-liner of meaningless abuse repeated over a thread in a short time. It may or may not be against me, that doesn't matter to me. But if I feel it's too frequent to destroy an otherwise good thread, I then infract. You have infraction powers too. I'm sure you have your own principles too.

ramseth,

kan ni na bei chow cheebye. mai kong lan cheow wei ok:oIo:

seldom give infraction? fuck you. you gave me another 4 again.

you are the real spammer here. go to every thread and keep on repeating : i ramseth the most handsome, the best fighter, the best english speaker.

fuck you ramseth aka ireneyeoh:oIo:

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone summarized the history related to this post? Sorry, I don't get involved in local "politics" on the forum, but just want to know out of curiosity...

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone summarized the history related to this post? Sorry, I don't get involved in local "politics" on the forum, but just want to know out of curiosity...

People are telling the history of Khaw, Foo and Kwa. Not forum history. Hear hear.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have always let EVERYONE have their say here as long as they don't deface the forum.

Not trying to pick on you but I think people will hold you to that. I can understand that in Delphi, you could do nothing to Joseph Ong and his 200 strong self-reproducing anti-anything-WP army, but when we were here Bob did the same with his SDP-F4 wet dreams and you just appointed someone else. In the end it was Scro who actually took care of that, and I supported and appreciated it. As far as my perception goes, you have done nothing outside appointments of others.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Not trying to pick on you but I think people will hold you to that. I can understand that in Delphi, you could do nothing to Joseph Ong and his 200 strong self-reproducing anti-anything-WP army, but when we were here Bob did the same with his SDP-F4 wet dreams and you just appointed someone else. In the end it was Scro who actually took care of that, and I supported and appreciated it. As far as my perception goes, you have done nothing outside appointments of others.

I honestly don't have a clue about this F4 stuff. I didn't follow the saga at Delphi and I didn't do so here either.

I moved from Delphi because Walt Howe pretty much took over the management of my forum and I didn't like that. The Joseph Ong army had nothing to do with my decision.

I left things to scroobal when he was moderator because I can't be bothered to get involved in these sorts of infantile scraps. He complained to me about why I was allowing this "Bob" character to destroy the forum. My response was "Look.. I don't know what's going on and I can't be bothered to investigate. I hereby give you moderator powers. YOU take care of it for me.".

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I honestly don't have a clue about this F4 stuff. I didn't follow the saga at Delphi and I didn't so here either.I moved from Delphi because Walt Howe pretty much took over the management of my forum and I didn't like that. The Joseph Ong army had nothing to do with my decision. I left things to scroobal when he was moderator because I can't be bothered to get involved in these sorts of infantile scraps. He complained to me about why I was allowing this "Bob" character to destroy the forum. My response was "Look.. I don't know what's going on and I can't be bothered to investigate. I hereby give you moderator powers. YOU take care of it for me.".
Neat.You have kept it simple.Life is too short to be sucked into the myriad details and play detective/judge/arbitrator.......Scroobal has his critics and they are not all wrong......To be fair, when he was moderating the Political Issues folder & springcleaning it, quite some job.Then, he poll, cajole, enrol, ask for opinion and feedback ... That side of him is commendable......The dry wit, sardonic humor, cutting sarcasm, purveying the impression of insider-extraordinaire - some just wryly let it pass and accept his warts and all, some just can't take it, it is as if a button is always pushed and then?......The abuse, the counter, the insults, the put downs just come cascading down....So long as it is not defacement or tasteless gory graphics, i treat all these as an education of life and human nature. Sigh.... Tan chiak more important, gam bor Samsters?

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perspective, somehow i think of you i think of kingrant. I dunno why.You are way fine in my books ( but who cares, right?), keep posting and move on....... P.s. your new avatar is much better than the previous one...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can't go around banning someone just because you disagree with what they say. This sort of action puts you squarely in the same camp as the PAP with their use of the ISA and kangaroo courts to silence their critics.

I have given infraction powers to a select group so they can help deal with spammers and those who deface the forum with graffiti (huge fonts, disgusting graphics etc)

Every member of sammyboy.com has every right to express an opinion regarding any other member or any issue under the sun. By banning a member in the course of a debate, you are effectively shutting down one side of the chamber and giving the other team free reign to say whatever they like without fear of rebuttal ...
u never say earlier wat dey shud do or u wanted dem 2 do wif their inflaction powers ... now u say ... :rolleyes:

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keong Hee! i was really looking forward to reaching 700 rep points and be the first to ban him but you beat me to it. :biggrin:

think nobody has infract him once before? 你吃熊心豹子胆? :p

I was about to do it but you beat me to it. Well, just like I beat you to banning BusNo64 the last time. Alamaking 1 Ramseth 1. :wink:

I've given out points already, can't help you today. Maybe another day. I like your postings on ROC. Very informative and insightful. Cheowyonglee also ROC fan but sounds too fanatic.

You ban him tomorrow ok? dun run away.

It is a sorry state of affairs when the 2 top members with the highest reputation powers gloat and plot on how to punish another member. The reasons why those with the power are not doing the job as expected from them. They are showing bad examples of leadership to other members and encouraging others to do likewise.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a sorry state of affairs when the 2 top members with the highest reputation powers gloat and plot on how to punish another member. The reasons why those with the power are not doing the job as expected from them. They are showing bad examples of leadership to other members and encouraging others to do likewise.

It is also a sorry state of affairs that there are still people who seek good examples of leadership in a coffeeshop forum. By the way, the highest reputation powers does not equate to good leadership.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I honestly don't have a clue about this F4 stuff. I didn't follow the saga at Delphi and I didn't so here either.

I moved from Delphi because Walt Howe pretty much took over the management of my forum and I didn't like that. The Joseph Ong army had nothing to do with my decision.

I left things to scroobal when he was moderator because I can't be bothered to get involved in these sorts of infantile scraps. He complained to me about why I was allowing this "Bob" character to destroy the forum. My response was "Look.. I don't know what's going on and I can't be bothered to investigate. I hereby give you moderator powers. YOU take care of it for me.".

You don't have an easy job I know. And I can understand how you feel when expected to scrutinise everything, because that was what I got over some Kreature called Krafty.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's just human nature. He has been pushed far enough. Now i would like to see if the screw continues to push his buttons which i am very sure he will to somehow force AK to ban him or do something along those lines and thus allow you to step in and remove his powers.

You have to understand that placed in similar circumstances the screw would most likely act the same way who knows react even more hastily.

That is called Sinkie Nature.

From where you are from, Sinkie = Human ( banning someone just because you disagree with what they say.)

To the rest of the world Sinkie ≠ Human ( That is low life ball-less 3rd world behaviour of some shitass who can't evolved to a higher state of development.)

That is the reason why i have to avoid sinkie in order not to insult myself for being a human being.

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is called Sinkie Nature.

From where you are from, Sinkie = Human ( banning someone just because you disagree with what they say.)

To the rest of the world Sinkie ≠ Human ( That is low life ball-less 3rd world behaviour of some shitass who can't evolved to a higher state of development.)

tonychat are you in Australia or Singapore?