• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Little stories for the soul on a Saturday

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of you do not know anything about Sikhism.
A little introduction here.

Sikhs when they say their prayers, pray for the well being, goodness and prosperity for ALL not just himself or Sikhs alone but for all of us.

Sikh prayers always end with these words:

"NANAK NAAM CHARDI KALAH, TERE BHANE SARBAT DA BHALA"

which mean:

NANAK NAAM CHARDI KALAH -- Nanak asks for ‘Naam’ (ie name of God aka Waheguru - Wondrous God) with the recitation of which comes well being, happiness and positive spirit,

TERE BHANE SARBAT DA BHALA -- And with your blessings, Lord may everyone in the world prosper and be in peace.

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moment you have a view of the Golden Temple from one of the 4 entrances the word "WOW" will flow from your mouth.
You would feel that you have now entered Heaven.
Just a glimpse by standing at the one of the 4 entrances will leave you in shock and then complete peace will come over your body and all your worries and stress will be gone.
The real name is Harminder Sahib. The word "Harmandir" is composed of two words: "Hari", which scholars translate as "God ", and "mandir", which means "house". "Sahib" is further appended to the shrine's name, the term often used within Sikh tradition to denote respect for places of religious significance.

Watch the Video

Golden Temple

The Golden Temple has recently been declared the most visited place in the world.
The glorious declaration came after London based organisation, World Book of Records verified this record. The award was handed to the Shriomani Gurdwara Pharbandhak Committee (SPGC) Chief Secretary Roop Singh by the India chapter of World Book of Records.

Golden Temple Amritsar, which is the holiest site for Sikhs, is located in the state of Punjab, and is visited daily by hundreds of thousands of devotees and believers.

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Sikh Holy Book is called the Guru Granth Sahib.

A verse from the Sikh Holy Book about Death and how to overcome the fear of Death

Death is a thing we all must do. But we are deeply afraid of it. How do we form a relationship with death? This article explores Salok Mahala 9 as Guru Teghbahadar Sahib helps us confront our fear of death and understand the lessons death has to teach us here and now.

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not many of you know much about Sikhism.
It arose when the Mughals ruled India and God formed the Sikhs to stop the injustice.
The Golden Temple scene at about 4:00 a.m. when the Shri Guru Granth Sahib (the Holy Book) is brought from the Akal Takht (Throne of the Eternal One) to the Golden Temple.
You have to be present to feel God. The experience is out of this world.
Even a non believer in God will start repeating God's name.

@MaryRice-gl3tu

2 days ago (edited)
Lost in Love. Thank you from my soul. I am from Scotland. We have photos and histories of the Sikhism. Guru Nanak...a teacher sent from our Beloved. Thank you once again.

@maozedongparadesi4538

5 years ago
Wahe Guru ji... I am a Tamil guy but still I always find there is a long lasting bond between me and this place since the day I visited for the first time... Guru's sacrifices and valor are morale boosters and hint for unity in diversity

@California000

10 months ago
Heaven on Earth

Last edited: