• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Parkway Parade Mee Rebus and Mee Siam

ablekid

Alfrescian
Loyal
the mee rebus at haig road food centre is good but abit expensive,only 1 hard boiled egg.this stall sell only mee rebus. and for mee siam changi village malay stall is really good always sold out by 11am.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean "Sabo King Clay pot rice "

Hey!! Yeah I remember him. He's the guy with the PC used as a cash register and he got all his menu all computerised. Quite cute and neat at that time. Yeah wonder what happened to him?

PS now that you mentioned him, he looks a bit like Leongsam!!

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't makan mee rebus but enjoy mee siam. There is a decent stall at Whampoa market (morning), close to the prawn noodle stall. Not the hawker centre where the famous rojak stall is located.

Yes, I have eaten at this mee siam stall in Whampoa. It has the traditional sweeter version but also quite nice.
What I like about the Parkway one was that they used a lot of dried baby shrimps in their gravy.

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
19 replies wifout n answer 2 ur question ... tis kopitiam lidat 1 la wen u ask about fud ...

It's okay, no worries. Was just trying my luck, hoping to track down that stall since there are a lot of food lovers in this forum.

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
The stall has moved to Turf City's food court.

The owners strangely have taken a resemblance of fillies.

Thank you.
Didn't know there is a food court in the revamped Turf City. Which level is it on?

Btw, don't recall the owners looking like horses previously. Must be the air at Turf City.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What I like about the Parkway one was that they used a lot of dried baby shrimps in their gravy.

There was a stall inside an aircon kpt at Pasir Ris Central, near McDonalds that served the dish with lots of dried baby shrimps. I used to drive all the way there just for this. They were open even at 1am. Kpt 24 hr op. Sadly, the stall is no longer around.

In the mid 70s, Shaw Pool at ACS Barker Rd had a makan operator. His mee siam also had the dried baby shrimps. No idea where they are now. ACJC perhaps.

puipui

Now they r @ basement food court at katong shopping..mon to sat 1030am to 530pm. ..but some items no more..like laksa n curry chicken. ..n added new items like mee soto n curry veg with rice....

ablekid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now they r @ basement food court at katong shopping..mon to sat 1030am to 530pm. ..but some items no more..like laksa n curry chicken. ..n added new items like mee soto n curry veg with rice....

Ah, yes, they sell tow huay also.The owner lives behind Katong shopping centre. walk home only.
Daughter helps out on saturday.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FYI...famous adam road Malay stall relocated to join the famous Old Airport Road HC already.
Mee rebus, mee siam, longtong, soto etc.

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the update. Will go look for them.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about mee siam anyone tried the so called famous one at jurong mrt station/bus interchange?
Supposedly good and only takeaway available but is by Chinese so how good can it be? Not tried before.

combro1

yes, i am looking to this stall as well. Now they change to food rep and no Mee Siam better than Jolly.

combro1

Yes, I have eaten at this mee siam stall in Whampoa. It has the traditional sweeter version but also quite nice.
Hi Chilakak. I found the uncle of Goody Jolly in Katong shopping center Basement food court. they change the name 123. i saw in facebook for their opening. Now the son run the stall. enjoy your mie Siam.