• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fish cake considered meat? $9.10 'cai fan' at food court stuns diner

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fish cake considered meat? $9.10 'cai fan' at food court stuns diner

310523_fish%20cake%20meat%20cai%20fan_stomp.jpg

PHOTO: Stomp
PUBLISHED ON MAY 31, 2023 11:45 AM
ByLIM KEWEI

Is there something fishy going on?

A woman was stunned after paying $9.10 for economy rice, also known as 'cai fan', consisting of one fish, one fish cake and three fish balls.

The diner told Stomp that she purchased a plate of 'cai fan' at Food Republic in Parkway Parade on May 21.

Puzzled by her costly meal, she approached the stall for clarification on her order and was shocked when an employee told her ''the price is correct'', and other customers have been charged the same prices.
"They said the fish cake is considered meat so they must charge $2 for it," she said. "Ridiculous, isn't it?"

Fish balls and fish cakes are made from a mixture of minced fish meat, starch, and water, and must contain at least 40 per cent fish meat as regulated by the Singapore Food Agency, CNA reported.

Fish balls are one of Singaporeans' top two favourite processed foods, and are often made from itoyori fish (threadfin bream).

With the meat content present in fish balls and fish cakes, some economy rice stalls here have categorised them as a meat dish.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the despicable businesses pulling the same shit

Neo Garden responds after customer receives seaweed rice as a 'dish', instead of meats or vegetables​

20230414_neogarden_stomp.jpg

He had subscribed to the Omakase Family Tingkat meal plan from Neo Garden Catering.

Stomp contributor Allan said he paid $360 for a 20-day subscription of four dishes for two people starting this month.

He had expected every dish to be a meat or vegetable dish, but on Wednesday (April 12), he had a surprise.

"To my horror, one dish was just plain rice with some seaweed on top," said the Stomp contributor.

"We had ordered four dishes, assuming they were cooked vegetables or meat dishes. Even fried rice is acceptable for us, but plain rice is just not acceptable as one 'dish'."

He pointed out that there was an option to add rice for $1.

"So if I had opted in for rice, that would mean I would've ended up with four plates of plain rice total for two people?" asked the Stomp contributor.

neogarden_1.jpg

In response to a Stomp query, a spokesman for Neo Garden Cathering said: "Thanks for contacting us about the feedback on the seaweed rice dish. We love hearing from our customers, and we take all feedback seriously, which helps us understand what our customers like.

"The seaweed rice is specifically designed to complement our Korean menu. Our classic seaweed rice is made with premium Japanese rice cooked in dashi broth and superior-grade soy sauce, and topped with sesame oil and seaweed flakes.

'It is a dish that we found to pair best with the other dishes, after repeated testing. However, we understand that seaweed rice may not appeal to everyone’s tastes, and we will relook into our menus to improve with this feedback.

"Our Korean menu is one of our special menus served only on Wednesday. Every Wednesday, we serve our customers something different from their usual Tingkat meal plan. We take pride in offering our customers fresh dining experiences while maintaining our signature home-cooked style."

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Serve her right for paying that silly price. She could have easily walked over to Marine Parade Market and eat two meals with that money.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
go to malay halal stall and enjoy nasi padang or malay cai png. more value for the buck. no more than $6.9 for fish, mutton, vege and lice.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do daft Sinkies patronize food courts run by F&B cronies then complain about high prices? And can you really blame them? They need to pay the rent.

If your mixed veg rice purchase comes with a receipt... that's a huge red flag.

Daft Sinkies so stupid, no wonder they can be gaslighted into thinking that the new 'hawker centres' are just like the real hawker centres lah. :cool:

Senja 'hawker centre':

f4ca669da4da4f323a5117ab3c06a3e6

Hawker Centres Managed by NEA-appointed Operators

https://www.nea.gov.sg/corporate-fu...er-centres-managed-by-nea-appointed-operators

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My neighbourhood nasi lemak stall charged me $3.00 for rice, fishcake, eggs, ikan bilis and gave me plenty of sambal. I can opt for curry gavy for free. The above simple cai fan cost $9.50, is as good as a robber showing you a piece of paper, reminding you he is a robber and then run away with your stack of cash.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these operators are together with papies ,dumb sinkies like to be screwed, lol,kpkb for wat
Can "organism" by the food price mah..
Then go home "organism" by ever huat property price...

U see sinki is so fortunate to have multi "organism" a day... No wonder 61% are so happy happy de

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
My neighbourhood nasi lemak stall charged me $3.00 for rice, fishcake, eggs, ikan bilis and gave me plenty of sambal. I can opt for curry gavy for free. The above simple cai fan cost $9.50, is as good as a robber showing you a piece of paper, reminding you he is a robber and then run away with your stack of cash.
FUCK PAP:FU:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Limpeh haven't been eating in food court for years.
So smart. The last time I ate in Food Court I ordered a bowl of dried Wanton Noodle. After ordering, I wanted to pay $4 but the cashier told me is $6.80. When the bowl arrived, the crumb of noodle was the size of baby fist. After finishing eating, my stomach still felt empty. Never will I go to Food Court again, not even with free CDC voucher.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these kena con by cai fan stalls somehow make me wonder if they are the same bunch that happily get one chicken wing in return for surrendering a whole chicken.
Why not ask the price before ordering?
If you stay in Ridout Road, will you eat cai fan ?