• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Dog refused to give up reserve seat in MRT

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like everyone is just pissed off with ONE guy in the entire train who happened to be on a corner seat. Why don't blame the rest of the commuters in the other seats?

That's what I find puzzling. They should just have reserve seats for every single seat on the train.
Based on this the police commissioner should b sacked n the minister commit suicide for the kovan double murder case. I support your cause but please ask them for 4d number before he die. Por pee por pee 1st prize.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
We both may be PAP supporters. But this time, he's clearly in the wrong. That's because he is fat, balding and very ugly.

Pls do not insult that shitskin fatso in pm office who is not even certified accountant.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
The solution is very simple, DO AWAY with these FREE RESERVED SEATS for such 'privileged' class of passengers ie old, handicap, pregnant, medical condition etc. in normal SMRT carriages.

SMRT should have one designated PREMIER SEATING carriage for 'BUSINESS CLASS' passengers. Those who pay premium fares will be guaranteed a cushioned seat in that carriage, no hassle boarding and definetely NO SARDINE packing in that carriage. FARE PRICE triple the normal rate with a SURCHARGE during peak hours. Those handicapped, old, pregnant, heart condition etc should pay if they want special seating privilege.

The same should apply for car park lots too. Those reserved for handicap car park lots are always EMPTY, what a waste of space when they are seldom used. Therefore the price for reserving these lots should incur a costs to the user for the convenience and the reservation. Those who carry the mobility cards in cars should be made to pay for the use of such cards.

Last edited:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the gist of the problem is the inadequacy of the transport system(cause)-not who should give up their seats (symptoms).

The mass imports of foreigners have caused overcrowding in public transport, hospitals ,housing, schools and misery to locals.
If the trains are not so overcrowded, more people will be willing to give up their seats- as chances are that they can get seated someway through their journeys .

The main cause is bad planning of the govt .
The 70% have no right to complain if their elderly, weak, pregnant and young have to stand all the way from Marina to Woodlands-they voted for this.

Last edited:

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the gist of the problem is the inadequacy of the transport system(cause)-not who should give up their seats (symptoms).

The mass imports of foreigners have caused overcrowding in public transport, hospitals ,housing, schools and misery to locals.
If the trains are not so overcrowded, more people will be willing to give up their seats- as chances are that they can get seated someway through their journeys .

The main cause is bad planning of the govt .
The 70% have no right to complain if their elderly, weak, pregnant and young have to stand all the way from Marina to Woodlands-they voted for this.

You nailed it, bro !

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The solution is very simple, DO AWAY with these FREE RESERVED SEATS for such 'privileged' class of passengers ie old, handicap, pregnant, medical condition etc. in normal SMRT carriages.

SMRT should have one designated PREMIER SEATING carriage for 'BUSINESS CLASS' passengers. Those who pay premium fares will be guaranteed a cushioned seat in that carriage, no hassle boarding and definetely NO SARDINE packing in that carriage. FARE PRICE triple the normal rate with a SURCHARGE during peak hours. Those handicapped, old, pregnant, heart condition etc should pay if they want special seating privilege.

The same should apply for car park lots too. Those reserved for handicap car park lots are always EMPTY, what a waste of space when they are seldom used. Therefore the price for reserving these lots should incur a costs to the user for the convenience and the reservation. Those who carry the mobility cards in cars should be made to pay for the use of such cards.

Then Woman only carriage, like I got into one in KL taking the inter-city KTM train....a RESERVED seats carriage for the elderly, the disabled..the..even with that, they will still complain, that some people will not offer their seats to them....Singaporeans are just prude!. The fault lies not with the system or your manners, but doing things that only their government tells them to...

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
DISPUTING PARTIES INVOLVED IN MRT PRIORITY SEAT SAGA SPEAK OUT

Submitted by farhan on Fri, 30/10/2015 - 9:28pm

Following her post shaming an inconsiderate man, who was caught hogging the priority seat on the MRT while a woman with child struggled to keep her balance nearby, retail firm general manager Celine Chia has spoken to the media to reveal her motivations for posting up her thoughts on the issue.

Ms Chia said that she decided to put up the post as she had already done her part to convince him to "be gracious and do the right thing".

"Since he can be so blatantly inconsiderate, I thought there's nothing wrong with putting up his picture," she added.

She has since received many private messages of support from people who praised her for what she did.

The woman with the baby, who turned out to be Ms Chia's secondary school friend, also commented on the Facebook post.

"Thank you for speaking up... really appreciate what you did there!" wrote Ms Clare Zhang. Surprisingly, Ms Zhang said she did not recognise Ms Chia on the train as they had not met for more than 10 years.

Advertisement

The incident took place earlier this morning when Miss Chia, 32, boarded the North-South Line train at Dhoby Ghaut station at around 7PM. The man, who was already seated on a priority seat, had refused to give up his seat while a woman, who could visibly be seen struggling with her baby boy strapped to her chest, got on at Orchard station.

Miss Chia said that she had "politely" asked the man if he could offer the seat, to which he replied curtly, "It's my choice and I am not giving up my seat to her."

After Miss Chia insisted, the man then gave excuses saying that he was tired after work. Seeing the awkward exchange, "dead silence" fell upon the cabin.

The man eventually alighted at Khatib station.

In a Facebook post today, the man, accountant Syn Kok Meng, who is in his 30s, said that he was feeling unwell and revealed that he had a heart condition due to a weight issue.

When interview, he told reporters from the Straits Times, "I'm shocked at how this issue has been blown out of proportion - I'm usually a shy person who will give up his seat to those in need. But I had worked late and was feeling tired and unwell last night."

According to his side of the story, he says that the woman with the baby had boarded the train along with her elderly mother and husband. After initially securing a seat next to him, the woman then gave it up to her frail elderly mother instead.

He then blamed Miss Chia for continuously provoking him by referencing his weight, adding that he then kept his head bowed to pray instead of speaking to her further.

"This is cyber-bullying and I suspect there was some malice involved, but I'm not intending to pursue the matter," said Mr Syn. He had sent a message via Facebook to Ms Chia requesting that she take down her post.

Miss Chia's post was shared at least 9,000 times before it was taken down.
- See more at: http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...rity-seat-saga-speak-out#sthash.wJqn8GrZ.dpuf

wat croaks... go home at 7pm call late. limpeh starts at 7am and end at 8pm in office +++ at home and sat sun also never called tired.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi there

1. Sinkies should also make to suck it in.
2. Peggy, women with babies, do board the damn train during peak hours :p

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Following her post shaming an inconsiderate man, who was caught hogging the priority seat on the MRT while a woman with child struggled to keep her balance nearby, retail firm general manager Celine Chia has spoken to the media to reveal her motivations for posting up her thoughts on the issue.

Ms Chia said that she decided to put up the post as she had already done her part to convince him to "be gracious and do the right thing".

"Since he can be so blatantly inconsiderate, I thought there's nothing wrong with putting up his picture," she added.

She has since received many private messages of support from people who praised her for what she did.

The woman with the baby, who turned out to be Ms Chia's secondary school friend, also commented on the Facebook post.

"Thank you for speaking up... really appreciate what you did there!" wrote Ms Clare Zhang. Surprisingly, Ms Zhang said she did not recognise Ms Chia on the train as they had not met for more than 10 years.

Advertisement

The incident took place earlier this morning when Miss Chia, 32, boarded the North-South Line train at Dhoby Ghaut station at around 7PM. The man, who was already seated on a priority seat, had refused to give up his seat while a woman, who could visibly be seen struggling with her baby boy strapped to her chest, got on at Orchard station.

Miss Chia said that she had "politely" asked the man if he could offer the seat, to which he replied curtly, "It's my choice and I am not giving up my seat to her."

After Miss Chia insisted, the man then gave excuses saying that he was tired after work. Seeing the awkward exchange, "dead silence" fell upon the cabin.

The man eventually alighted at Khatib station.

In a Facebook post today, the man, accountant Syn Kok Meng, who is in his 30s, said that he was feeling unwell and revealed that he had a heart condition due to a weight issue.

When interview, he told reporters from the Straits Times, "I'm shocked at how this issue has been blown out of proportion - I'm usually a shy person who will give up his seat to those in need. But I had worked late and was feeling tired and unwell last night."

According to his side of the story, he says that the woman with the baby had boarded the train along with her elderly mother and husband. After initially securing a seat next to him, the woman then gave it up to her frail elderly mother instead.

He then blamed Miss Chia for continuously provoking him by referencing his weight, adding that he then kept his head bowed to pray instead of speaking to her further.

"This is cyber-bullying and I suspect there was some malice involved, but I'm not intending to pursue the matter," said Mr Syn. He had sent a message via Facebook to Ms Chia requesting that she take down her post.

Miss Chia's post was shared at least 9,000 times before it was taken down.
- See more at: http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...rity-seat-saga-speak-out#sthash.wJqn8GrZ.dpuf

wat croaks... go home at 7pm call late. limpeh starts at 7am and end at 8pm in office +++ at home and sat sun also never called tired.

That's how the fat prick got so fat, by being lazy as hell. So fat should stand.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can tell from the way Syn Kok Meng speaks that he is truly a self-entitled, self-absorbed prick.

i dunno but i see all the qualities of PAP ministerial qualities.the ability to taiji and siam any negative attention even side stepping cyber bullying and handling criticism well.and the ability to make the daft and stupid idiots look bad while painting himself in a good light.clearly this guy is a grand master and well experienced practitioner of the yin yang gong fu,much more than Lee Hsien Loong.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal

The husband was to blame. He brought his pregnant wife and his frail elderly mother-in-law to board a train during peak hours. 3 adults and a foetus, they could have boarded a taxi.

The husband should ask himself - who made the pregnant lady pregnant ? Why pass the burden to commuters ? After he had had the joy of sex, the commuters were expected to chip in with graciousness to support his enjoyment ? Even if Cuthbert lacked graciousness, he didn't deserve to be shamed. The entire cabin of commuters who had had the privilege of sitting instead of having to stand were just as much guilty.

Be considerate, all husbands of pregnant women. It's your joy, and so, your responsibility.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The husband was to blame. He brought his pregnant wife and his frail elderly mother-in-law to board a train during peak hours. 3 adults and a foetus, they could have boarded a taxi.

The husband should ask himself - who made the pregnant lady pregnant ? Why pass the burden to commuters ? After he had had the joy of sex, the commuters were expected to chip in with graciousness to support his enjoyment ? Even if Cuthbert lacked graciousness, he didn't deserve to be shamed. The entire cabin of commuters who had had the privilege of sitting instead of having to stand were just as much guilty.

Be considerate, all husbands of pregnant women. It's your joy, and so, your responsibility.

Totally Agreed :biggrin:

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal

GM got to take MRT ?

Uber drivers are beginning to look like a dream profession.