• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man refuses to give up bus seat for pregnant woman, says pregnancy 'her choice'

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.kidspot.com.au/birth/pr...n/news-story/8d2dd8bd45b4c0f885ff9abf4ac08149

1664299078770.png

A man who admitted he refused to give up his bus seat to a pregnant woman has been slammed online, after trying to justify his behaviour.

The man, who posted about the topic on Reddit's "Am I the Asshole?" forum, explained that he works on his feet all day and has a walk home after getting off the bus so the time he spends in the bus is his only sitting time during the time.

For this reason, the man doesn't believe he should have to give up his seat to someone who's pregnant.

Saying his family "lost their minds about it", the man turned to the internet to ask for people's opinions on the topic.

"I take the bus to and from work (car got totaled [SIC] about a month ago, still waiting on insurance to reimburse me so I can get a new one), and right now on public transit you have to social distance. This means limited seating," he wrote.

"At my job, I'm literally on my feet all day, and I work 10 hour shifts. It sucks but the pay is good, so I can deal, but after a long day, my feet are sore AF. I genuinely cherish the time I spend sitting on the bus ride home, knowing I have to walk another 15-20 minutes to my house from the bus stop. Which means more time on my feet," he continued.

"So last night I'm on the bus, and a very heavily pregnant lady gets on. She looks around for a seat, only to find there are no available ones left. I'm the closest to her, so she starts giving me the imploring eyes. I had my headphones on and tried to pretend I couldn't see her, but once she started talking to me it became inevitable.

"I wasn't rude or anything, I just told her no, I've had a long day and my feet are sore. I don't want to give up my seat. She started crying about how she's a pregnant single mum, and I told her I'm sorry, but that was her personal choice and she can't expect other people to accommodate her life choices. We live in a state where birth control and abortions are free, so I don't know why this should be my problem. It's not my fault she decided to have a baby when she can't afford a car," he wrote.

Witnessing the exchange, another man on the bus offered his seat to the pregnant woman, calling the man a "worthless punk".

"As they were trading seats, the bus driver had to slam on the brakes for whatever reason, and the pregnant lady and the old man both fell. They started yelling at me, calling me all sorts of nasty names, but I just looked the other way and ignored it," he continued.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle would have said to people who slammed him that he is not the father or leelative of the child and why should he care whether the bb is safe anot KNN also like what he said limpe more tired than you KNN

Be clear minded

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfair he was being singled out, he has a valid point that he wanted to sit down. Others in the bus who could have been younger could have offered her the seat..

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle would have said to people who slammed him that he is not the father or leelative of the child and why should he care whether the bb is safe anot KNN also like what he said limpe more tired than you KNN

Be clear minded
As my uncle said many times majority people in the world are not clear minded and stupid else they wouldn't have slammed him.
My uncle cannot find a single valid leeson although there are many invalid leesons.

People may say She is at more risk of fall or miscarriage. Who are they to determine my uncle is not tired or not at risk of fall ? Do they want to be held leesponsible if my uncle were to fall ? Even if she were to fall is my uncle gonna compensate her in anyway? Does she pay higher fare or is she gonna leeimburse My uncle fare ?

If she is so worleed of any harm she should be taking pte transport. If she cannot afford will those people that slammed gonna leeimburse her ?

Hence my uncle executive summary is that it is an optional thing I.e we cannot impose what we think or do on others eg my uncle call chicken can my uncle force or pressure another person to call chicken with him?

Lastlee if the gov dare to the onlee way to enforce it is to issue a fine then my uncle will not say this else stfu KNN

P.s if people say my uncle is not kind then My uncle say lanjiao lo if the world or those people who slammed are kind then the world wouldn't have so many poor people.

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
As my uncle said many times majority people in the world are not clear minded and stupid else they wouldn't have slammed him.
My uncle cannot find a single valid leeson although there are many invalid leesons.

People may say She is at more risk of fall or miscarriage. Who are they to determine my uncle is not tired or not at risk of fall ? Do they want to be held leesponsible if my uncle were to fall ? Even if she were to fall is my gonna compensate her in anyway? Does she pay lesser fare or is she gonna leeimburse My uncle fare ?

If she is so worleed of any harm she should be taking pte transport. If she cannot afford will those people that slammed gonna leeimburse her ?

Hence my uncle executive summary is that it is an optional thing I.e we cannot impose what we think or do on others eg my uncle call chicken can my uncle force pr pressure another person to call chicken with him?

Lastlee if the gov dare to the onlee way to enforce it is to issue a fine then my uncle will not say this else stfu KNN

P.s if people say my uncle is not kind then My uncle say lanjiao lo if the world or those people who slammed are kind then the world wouldn't have so many poor people.
End of the day we can see a bird eye clear minded view that leeserve seats were created as a placebo i.e to give a false impression that this world is kind

My uncle find the whole event verlee hypocritical I.e here do kind thing there stepping on one another for money and power.

Final word My uncle say hor gau gan.

Last edited:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
"As they were trading seats, the bus driver had to slam on the brakes for whatever reason, and the pregnant lady and the old man both fell. They started yelling at me, calling me all sorts of nasty names, but I just looked the other way and ignored it," he continued.
i thought they should be yelling at the bus driver. The guy sitting down is not the one driving.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am always a good boy. I never take my reserved seat even though I am often offered the reserved seat because my hair is all white. :biggrin:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal

People may say She is at more risk of fall or miscarriage. Who are they to determine my uncle is not tired or not at risk of fall ? Do they want to be held leesponsible if my uncle were to fall ? Even if she were to fall is my uncle gonna compensate her in anyway? Does she pay higher fare or is she gonna leeimburse My uncle fare ?

Hence my uncle executive summary is that it is an optional thing I.e we cannot impose what we think or do on others eg my uncle call chicken can my uncle force or pressure another person to call chicken with him?

If they do not have the balls to pass a law requiring passengers to give up seats to pregnant women, then they should pass a law to prohibit pregnant women from taking public transport.

There should only be a handicapped seat in the bus, and to take that seat you need to board the bus with a wheelchair. So alternatively, they can require pregnant women to board public buses but they must be treated like handicap and must bring their own wheelchair.

The responsibility should be on the bus captain. If he sees a pregnant woman, he must decide whether or not to allow her to board. He should make an announcement that a pregnant woman wants to board the bus and ask if any passengers willing to give up his/her seat. If no, then say sorry to the pregnant woman and tell her to board the next bus.

KNN, SLM - Single's Lives Matter.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Witnessing the exchange, another man on the bus offered his seat to the pregnant woman, calling the man a "worthless punk".
This fucker is the worst. Giving up his seat didn't give him the right to call another man a "worthless punk".

That means he gave up his seat unwillingly.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they do not have the balls to pass a law requiring passengers to give up seats to pregnant women, then they should pass a law to prohibit pregnant women from taking public transport.

There should only be a handicapped seat in the bus, and to take that seat you need to board the bus with a wheelchair. So alternatively, they can require pregnant women to board public buses but they must be treated like handicap and must bring their own wheelchair.

The responsibility should be on the bus captain. If he sees a pregnant woman, he must decide whether or not to allow her to board. He should make an announcement that a pregnant woman wants to board the bus and ask if any passengers willing to give up his/her seat. If no, then say sorry to the pregnant woman and tell her to board the next bus.

KNN, SLM - Single's Lives Matter.
Verlee clear minded suggestions :thumbsup:
Imuho there are also several ways to make this sort of things to be on a fair manner rather than blanket the benefit to preggies like the world owes preggies something KNN of course they can also cater some leeserved seats to preggies but the cost should go to them KNN

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bloke has a point. It's the bitch's choice to get fucked and be injected with a load of sperm. So fuck her entitlement attitude.

FUNCHOI

Alfrescian
Loyal
Verlee clear minded suggestions :thumbsup:
Imuho there are also several ways to make this sort of things to be on a fair manner rather than blanket the benefit to preggies like the world owes preggies something KNN of course they can also cater some leeserved seats to preggies but the cost should go to them KNN
Knn

Just bcos of the signage, all these motherfuckers felt self entitled.

Knn Limpeh work night shit 7pm until 8am, very tired and sleepy and groggy, take pubic transport, sorrLee, i want relax, no give up seat.

paiseh... Who wants to give up seat is individual decision, no need impose on others.

Songs boh?

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not every fetus is a future Einstein, Beethoven or Steve Jobs. They might grow up to become drug addict, rapist or robber.

FUNCHOI

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn
This MF is truly GCB.
No need announce on social media.
Got Ccb mouth lose to Silence and
Act blur knn
Stupid Idiot self pawned. Knn

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn

Just bcos of the signage, all these motherfuckers felt self entitled.

Knn Limpeh work night shit 7pm until 8am, very tired and sleepy and groggy, take pubic transport, sorrLee, i want relax, no give up seat.

paiseh... Who wants to give up seat is individual decision, no need impose on others.

Songs boh?
Song song to bud interchange