• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ong Ye Kung, Pap and Sim lian. What is going on?

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hate to want to resurface this issue but what has giving Singapore's lands to a developer for its own profit gotanything to do with the benefit of all Singaporeans. i question what is happening with all the BTSS or whatever BT-BS they call it. they seemed to have just muttered something about what Sim Lian is doing then quickly swept it under the carpet.

As a singaporean isn't anybody else here interested to know why is Sim Lian and not HDB building these new flats and why is it that only this company is taking all the profits from the sale of these high end flats for themselves? where's the accountability? where's all the money going to? Where's the tender process and transparency???

wake up!!!

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, care to expound more and enlighten us please?

You seem to know "something"......

Nothing that I can share with confidence. They are largely a family business but they are also on the stock exchange and all their business dealings and related companies have info out there for others to see.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
...why is Sim Lian and not HDB building these new flats

Sim Lian is the main contractor, HDB is the developer... all HDB projects go through the bid process, due to the huge value involved many contractors want a slice of HDB jobs as a result submit loss-making bids

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is referring to the DBSS - Design, Build, Sell Scheme. The Developer is a private company which bid for the land, do their own design and price it. The only significant condition is that it must be sold to those who qualify for HDB homes.

Sim Lian has I think 3 projects in this scheme and considered the leader. Interestingly they must have hit a formula and they have been making record breaking profits and big margins. Their margin was the talking point in the press and Mah had answer for it.

In the past and even now private contractors building HDB flats in recent decades have slim margins and some have gone bust including the well known case in Marine Parade. I remember one call from a friend who asked if I was prepared to join him and take over a contract for free and it was half way built.

Sim Lian is the main contractor, HDB is the developer... all HDB projects go through the bid process, due to the huge value involved many contractors want a slice of HDB jobs as a result submit loss-making bids

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
DBSS and EC are 2 schemes which I can never fully understand. Developers are given the free hand to price their units but yet the buyers are eligible to apply for housing grants. For DBSS, understandably there is a cap on how high the developers can go about pricing their units since there are no facilities and fence gate. EC is almost no different from a private launch except for the 5 years 10 years privatised status thingy but most of the major developers do not want to be associated with "public housing". Hence, there will always be lesser competition from the key players on those lands. Those who go for it got them on the cheap, resulting in hefty profit.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OYK's wife is exec dir Sim Lian and Sim Lian indep dir is member of HDB Audit C'ttee. This is real rotten to the core.

No rotten.
They are higher beings.
Talent is hard to come by in small singapore.
There is no conflict of interests because our masters are incorruptible

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Makes you contemplate how much profit HDB as the developer is earning..