• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One Ex-Admiral and one Ex-Air Force General running LTA & MRT. Any more questions?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: One Ex-Admiral and one Ex-SAF General running LTA & MRT. Any more questions?

What are they good for?, can collect fat salaries & bonuses, no need to answer for grave mistakes....the best jobs on this planet earth!!:rolleyes:

Prerequisite for the job include balls licking skills and fuckface skin thicker than elephant

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: One Ex-Admiral and one Ex-SAF General running LTA & MRT. Any more questions?

Prerequisite for the job include balls licking skills and fuckface skin thicker than elephant

How come the prerequisite you mentioned sounds like the criteria for becoming a Japan AV actress ?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

cannot compare petain $30 chicken with Yui Hatano or Yume .. world apart.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

My conclusion after decades of observation is that our government is quite weak in HRM. There are repeated instances of appointing unsuitable candidates.

Gay Loong himself was one of these unsuitable appointments.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: One Ex-Admiral and one Ex-Air Force General running LTA & MRT. Any more questions

Wah! Just nice. 100 man years. Can do audit on our national assets liao.

Its 300 man years based on a 8 hours working day.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal

cannot compare petain $30 chicken with Yui Hatano or Yume .. world apart.

CEO's peanuts cost like $$ $$$ per hour, golden chicken is at most 1000 per hour.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: One Ex-Admiral and one Ex-Air Force General running LTA & MRT. Any more questions

Never heard of angmo generals being successful as CEO of companies!

Military experience is a great asset when it comes to running a large private company. That is why I have full faith in the abilities of the Singapore leadership.

http://www.ceo.com/news_and_insights/8-ceos-who-served-in-the-military/

There are studies that suggest chief executives who have served in the military are more honest and have longer tenures than those with no military service. Military service can teach leadership and responsibility, both essential qualities in a CEO. In honor of July 4th, we want to spotlight eight CEOs who have served our country in the military and what their service means to them.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

In 1980, 59 percent of CEOs at publicly traded firms had served in the military. Last year that number had decreased to 8 percent.
Although this percentage is down significantly from 1980, it is still well above the national percentage of the entire male population (3 percent).
There are studies that suggest chief executives who have served in the military are more honest and have longer tenures than those with no military service. Military service can teach leadership and responsibility, both essential qualities in a CEO. In honor of July 4th, we want to spotlight eight CEOs who have served our country in the military and what their service means to them.
Daniel Akerson (Navy)

akerson.png
CEO of General Motors
Akerson followed in his father’s military footsteps. His father served in World War II and the Korean War. Akerson enlisted in the Navy and served aboard the destroyer Dupont. After his service, Akerson earned a master’s degree from the London School of Economics and is now the CEO of General Motors.
Alex Gorsky (Army)

gorsky.png
CEO of Johnson & Johnson
Before becoming CEO of Johnson & Johnson, Gorsky served in the Army for 6 years, retiring as a captain. And like many other business executives, his time in the military prepared him for his corporate career:
“I learned how to live with, work with, and serve with very diverse teams and individuals. I quickly discovered no one had a lock on the right answers.”
John Luke Jr. (Air Force)

luke.png
CEO of MeadWestvaco
Luke served as an Air Force pilot in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War. As a veteran himself, Luke has spoken about why he believes veterans are an investment in the future:
“Veterans have special abilities and common traits, including discipline, maturity, adaptability and dedication. They operate with integrity and high ethical standards in all that they do.”
Lowell McAdam (Navy)

mcadam.png
CEO of Verizon
Now the CEO of Verizon, you could say that McAdam has had a very successful career. He has said that starting his career in the Navy was the perfect way to begin.
"It’s a great way for anybody to start any career, no matter what they are involved in. The things you learn in the service will stay with you your whole life," he says.
Robert McDonald (Army)

mcdonald.png
CEO of Procter & Gamble
McDonald speaks very highly of his time in the Army and shares this lesson on character he learned at West Point:
“I learned that the character of a leader is their most important attribute. Character is defined as always putting the needs of the organization above your own. As a Captain in the Army, I always ate after the soldiers in my command. At P&G the leader should always take personal responsibility for results of their organization.”
*This week A.G. Lafley, the former CEO of P&G, retakesthe reigns as chief executive. Coincidentally, Lafley also served in the military, managing retail and service operations for the Navy in Japan during the Vietnam War.
Robert Myers (Army)

myers.png
CEO of Casey’s General Store
Don Lamberti, the founder of Casey’s General Store, hired Myers when he retired from the Army as a colonel in 1988. Much of Myers’ military career had been in logistics. Lamberti said:
“Who better to run Casey’s new distribution chain than a military logistics officer, who had been responsible for figuring out complicated schedules to make sure soldiers were fed, clothed and armed when, where and how they needed to be?”
Josue Robles (Army)

robles.png
CEO of USAA
Robles originally wanted to be a doctor, and when he was drafted in 1966 he didn’t intend on making the Army a career, but he soon found that life in the Army fulfilled his desire to serve others and his country.
“I hadn’t set out to make the military my career, but I moved quickly through the system and was a brigadier general by the time I was 42. The Army treated me well.”
On leading USAA he says, “[It] has enabled me to continue my service to our nation and the U.S. military. We live in a country where people can speak out and worship freely. For that, we should thank our men and women in uniform.”
Fred Smith (Marine Corps)

smith.png
CEO of FedEx
Smith served in the Marine Corps during the Vietnam War. He credits his success to his time in the military:
“Much of our success reflects what I learned as a Marine. The basic principles of leading people are the bedrock of the Corps. I can still recite them from memory, and they are firmly embedded in the FedEx culture. We teach them daily in our own Leadership Institute, which turns out the thousands of managers needed to run our operating companies.”

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahaha... what a coincidence they all served in Uncle Sam's army!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Hahaha... what a coincidence they all served in Uncle Sam's army!

That's because the article is about the USA. There are examples in all countries about how military men became captains of industry.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think the generals are not used to this new order. In this saga:

• the one at the bottom of the pile is a 3-star general (Kuek)
  • he reports to 2 2-star admirals (Chew and Lui)
  • one of those 2-star admirals (Lui), together with a 2-star general (Kiqiu), reports to a 1-star BG, who rose almost as fast as Kim Jong Un.

No wonder they are confused.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

• one of those 2-star admirals (Lui), together with a 2-star general (Kiqiu), reports to a 1-star BG, who rose almost as fast as Kim Jong Un.

and the real power behind the scene is a female finger up all the collective asses.

image.jpg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

In 1980, 59 percent of CEOs at publicly traded firms had served in the military. Last year that number had decreased to 8 percent.
Although this percentage is down significantly from 1980, it is still well above the national percentage of the entire male population (3 percent).
Daniel Akerson (Navy)

akerson.png
CEO of General Motors
Akerson followed in his father’s military footsteps. His father served in World War II and the Korean War. Akerson enlisted in the Navy and served aboard the destroyer Dupont. After his service, Akerson earned a master’s degree from the London School of Economics and is now the CEO of General Motors.
Alex Gorsky (Army)

gorsky.png
CEO of Johnson & Johnson
Before becoming CEO of Johnson & Johnson, Gorsky served in the Army for 6 years, retiring as a captain. And like many other business executives, his time in the military prepared him for his corporate career:
“I learned how to live with, work with, and serve with very diverse teams and individuals. I quickly discovered no one had a lock on the right answers.”
John Luke Jr. (Air Force)

luke.png
CEO of MeadWestvaco
Luke served as an Air Force pilot in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War. As a veteran himself, Luke has spoken about why he believes veterans are an investment in the future:
“Veterans have special abilities and common traits, including discipline, maturity, adaptability and dedication. They operate with integrity and high ethical standards in all that they do.”
Lowell McAdam (Navy)

mcadam.png
CEO of Verizon
Now the CEO of Verizon, you could say that McAdam has had a very successful career. He has said that starting his career in the Navy was the perfect way to begin.
"It’s a great way for anybody to start any career, no matter what they are involved in. The things you learn in the service will stay with you your whole life," he says.
Robert McDonald (Army)

mcdonald.png
CEO of Procter & Gamble
McDonald speaks very highly of his time in the Army and shares this lesson on character he learned at West Point:
“I learned that the character of a leader is their most important attribute. Character is defined as always putting the needs of the organization above your own. As a Captain in the Army, I always ate after the soldiers in my command. At P&G the leader should always take personal responsibility for results of their organization.”
*This week A.G. Lafley, the former CEO of P&G, retakesthe reigns as chief executive. Coincidentally, Lafley also served in the military, managing retail and service operations for the Navy in Japan during the Vietnam War.
Robert Myers (Army)

myers.png
CEO of Casey’s General Store
Don Lamberti, the founder of Casey’s General Store, hired Myers when he retired from the Army as a colonel in 1988. Much of Myers’ military career had been in logistics. Lamberti said:
“Who better to run Casey’s new distribution chain than a military logistics officer, who had been responsible for figuring out complicated schedules to make sure soldiers were fed, clothed and armed when, where and how they needed to be?”
Josue Robles (Army)

robles.png
CEO of USAA
Robles originally wanted to be a doctor, and when he was drafted in 1966 he didn’t intend on making the Army a career, but he soon found that life in the Army fulfilled his desire to serve others and his country.
“I hadn’t set out to make the military my career, but I moved quickly through the system and was a brigadier general by the time I was 42. The Army treated me well.”
On leading USAA he says, “[It] has enabled me to continue my service to our nation and the U.S. military. We live in a country where people can speak out and worship freely. For that, we should thank our men and women in uniform.”
Fred Smith (Marine Corps)

smith.png
CEO of FedEx
Smith served in the Marine Corps during the Vietnam War. He credits his success to his time in the military:
“Much of our success reflects what I learned as a Marine. The basic principles of leading people are the bedrock of the Corps. I can still recite them from memory, and they are firmly embedded in the FedEx culture. We teach them daily in our own Leadership Institute, which turns out the thousands of managers needed to run our operating companies.”

Nice try Sam, you pathetic PAP dog.

According to the article, only 8% of CEO in the US were in the military. How many percent in Singapore? 50%, more then that?

Only one of the 8 examples you give was a general, the rest were mostly capt and one was a colonel. All of them have seen combat service or frontline service including a Vietnam era air force pilot and others were in the navy during times of conflict, and one was a MArine during the Vietnam war. These were men whose notable achievements were surviving or leading their men in combat. Our scholar general's notable achievement was leading the NDP. Same or not?

Many of the 8 listed above had relevant experience in their military career and applied it to their new civilian careers. eg Robert Myer's career in the army was as a logistics officer, experience which he applied to run his company's distribution network. Admiral Chew Men Leong got experience in LTA or not? Desmond Quek got run the SAF transportation system or not? Did he even ever run a motor pool?

Furthermore, any of the above CEOs can get easily fired after poor company performance or poor shares performance. Desmond Kuek got fired yet after all his cock ups?

In other words, your example is worth the same as the cucumber you shaft up your arse daily.

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lee Kuan Yew said this in 1984:

"Everything works, whether it's water, electricity, gas, telephone, telexes, it just has to work. If it doesn't work, I want to know why, and if I am not satisfied, and I often was not, the chief goes, and I have to find another chief. Firing the chief is very simple."

Singaporeans do you miss our Supreme Leeder?

IMG_5383.JPG

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

"Everything works, whether it's water, electricity, gas, telephone, telexes, it just has to work. If it doesn't work, I want to know why, and if I am not satisfied, and I often was not, the chief goes, and I have to find another chief. Firing the chief is very simple."

View attachment 22322

I miss him. Ah Gong, come back!!! Whack Desmond for us, can or not? Rise from the urn of your ashes like a vengeful phoenix.

Alantis

Alfrescian
Loyal

The transport minister do not have the courage nor the tenacity to admit a wrong choice of candidate has been selected for the smrt top post; extending the fiasco of Saw.

I certainly pray that their sturbborness, inflexible persistence and unyielding obstinacies may not cause our dear Singaporean lives.

View attachment 22322

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Nice try Sam, you pathetic PAP dog.

According to the article, only 8% of CEO in the US were in the military. How many percent in Singapore? 50%, more then that?

Only one of the 8 examples you give was a general, the rest were mostly capt and one was a colonel. All of them have seen combat service or frontline service including a Vietnam era air force pilot and others were in the navy during times of conflict, and one was a MArine during the Vietnam war. These were men whose notable achievements were surviving or leading their men in combat. Our scholar general's notable achievement was leading the NDP. Same or not?

Many of the 8 listed above had relevant experience in their military career and applied it to their new civilian careers. eg Robert Myer's career in the army was as a logistics officer, experience which he applied to run his company's distribution network. Admiral Chew Men Leong got experience in LTA or not? Desmond Quek got run the SAF transportation system or not? Did he even ever run a motor pool?

Furthermore, any of the above CEOs can get easily fired after poor company performance or poor shares performance. Desmond Kuek got fired yet after all his cock ups?

In other words, your example is worth the same as the cucumber you shaft up your arse daily.

Leading the NDP with the whole nation watching is far more stressful than any combat situation where many screwed up without the rest of the world finding out.

The reason why Singapore's military men lead so many private companies is because they are even more talented than those who succeed in the USA. One even went on to become PM.

Singapore's military top brass have experienced in ALL areas of combat including logistics, manpower deployment, intelligence and espionage, combat tactics and the art of war plus they have the intelligence to put what they have learned to practical use. You're talking about the top brains of Singapore here.

That is why they are so good at running private organisations too.

jw5

Loyal

The term for this is "natural aristocracy". :wink:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's because the article is about the USA. There are examples in all countries about how military men became captains of industry.

All Singapore males are also military men and they only become captains of bus.....so how?