• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Duta Page

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Newbie

has ND been plagued by safety issues tooo?? I heard security is pretty tight there.

Not that i know of and yes i was refused access a number of times even though i had my car sticker on but forgot to bring my pass. What may be good for some may not be suitable for others.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nope, dont own an ND unit. I was just trying to highlight that tho the 760k figure looks cheap but if you divide it over the builtup space of the older cluster...it may be slightly worse off than the newer bigger units. Cannot just look at the final figure to compare.

For example
http://www.propertyguru.com.my/new-property-launch/nusa-duta-2-storey-cluster-home-phase-5b2-5426 - This one is abt RM878000/2923sft = 300psf

If the resale cluster on an average psf is cheaper than the above phase (link above) then prolly ok to buy.

Just went to the showhouse. the link posted here is dated Jun 2012 so 878K is outdated. The cheapest now for 2923sqf is 963K ..left few lots, mostly Bumilot

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not that i know of and yes i was refused access a number of times even though i had my car sticker on but forgot to bring my pass. What may be good for some may not be suitable for others.

Thanks wuqi for the info. Tight security should be good for most residents?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good friend of mine just collected keys and opened up his unit for rental in Nusa Duta, rented out pretty fast too. Amazing.

Hi wuqi, since you are a resident, can I have your view of the rental market for ND houses? Online research shows houses are renting out for 3000-3500 pm and an agent who brought me to view the house there told me the rental market is healthy at ND with quite a number of Sporeans renting. Is this true - just want to hear a more unbiased and objective opinion

amgm125

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Me & partner have been surveying around JB area for a property over the months and have concluded that Nusa Duta fits our criteria the most, for a house.
We narrowed down to a terrace unit because it fits our budget & only 4 persons will be living in the house. Looking for a unit for staying purposes, not investment.
Anyone letting go of theirs, or have info on units for sale feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi wuqi, since you are a resident, can I have your view of the rental market for ND houses? Online research shows houses are renting out for 3000-3500 pm and an agent who brought me to view the house there told me the rental market is healthy at ND with quite a number of Sporeans renting. Is this true - just want to hear a more unbiased and objective opinion

Hi Graveyard, definitely there is this price as my neighbours and a dear friend of mine has rented out and all above 3k so i know this personally.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Is the corner lot just behind the show room with a pond (its locked now because it has been sold)? I checked out the unit - HUGE living room. Glass balcony wall and timber strip flooring.

Long gone, i was quite keen on that but someone beat me to it.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Graveyard, definitely there is this price as my neighbours and a dear friend of mine has rented out and all above 3k so i know this personally.

hi wuqi, thanks! The corner looks great - no surprise its all taken up. Am looking at the bumi lots now - was advised we dont have to pay the monthly instalment till 2014 for bumi lots

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

It was tight but when it comes to security, for me at least, tight = very good

i thought main attractiveness of staying in G&G is the security. If one does not want tight security, then better off staying in non G&G and save on the maintenance fee??