• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP's Secretary General Goh Meng Seng said it intends to contest the General Election

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Comparing Websites of Political Parties

RP's website colour scheme is cartoonish. The sidebar is ugly like hell too.

SDP's website is updated almost everyday.

PAP's website has a clean look and feel but font size too small, and a bit too straight jacketed.

Seen in this light, i agree Reform Party website appears most pleasant & gd balance of flair, color use, info, practicality etc - a good model indeed.

NSP - though a bit plain, but quick to load & links working. Maybe some cosmetic change to liven up the colors. But all in all, not bad.

Similarly, WP & SDP. SPP looks a bit staid - not updated regularly.

PAP, with videos & lots of stuff - a bit unfocussed.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: NSP's Secretary General Goh Meng Seng said it intends to contest the General Elec

Old man will most likely draw a blank in his search. Goh Meng Seng, PSLE distinction and went SAP school (meaning higher level bilingualism than even non-SAP elite schools), O and A Levels distinction and went NUS, graduated with honours. Served NS BMT with distinction and posted to OCS, subsequently promoted to captain. Contested his first election in 2006 and scored 43% against a PAP team led by no less than the reputably brilliant scholar and brigadier-general George Yeo. Joined NSP and within 3 years, promoted to secretary-general.

Mah Bow Tan, scored a lot of A1s in his O and A Levels but can't speak or write Chinese in any meaningful sense of literacy. Contested under PAP banner with LKY backing and still could lose to Chiam See Tong with a lot of C6s. Went away to Tampines to hide behind a GRC team while purporting to be so-called team leader. Spend most of his time figuring and conjuring ways of raising revenues for government from people.

in case some may not know...MBT was the scholar sent in to "manage" SBS after it was formed to absorb the bus companies that were 'nationalised" and amalgamated into one...this is where he was spotted and groomed to be a PAP candidate

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: NSP's Secretary General Goh Meng Seng said it intends to contest the General Elec

Methinks beyond sarcasm, he goes around farking other people's posts as well ... kpkb with no rhyme or reason.

I fark people who only think about thmeselves! :oIo:

THe day you and the others that kenna fark start thinking of others first is the day you yourself will peace from within - I only apply exterior pressure. :biggrin:

Too many cooks are abound. And not enough of people willing to win for the sake of winning and all that winning provides. Too many people want to be the head chef. Too many people are like you. :oIo:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

okie okie, u win, u win :p

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

okie okie, u win, u win :p

Sorry I don't rhyme but I am hopeful that you accpet my reason. :biggrin:

We are in a dragon boat race. Everyone has to do their part otherwise we will lose. Forget about small things and look at the bigger picture. You may not be the one picking up the winner's trophy but being a part of a winning team is more important.

I see too many so-called alternative party supporters taking swipes at alternative party members and supporters. FOR WHAT!

You can only do one thing at any one time. And if you target anyone from the alternative parties then you lose out on attacking the PAPies who are diabolical and have no moral compass and are easy and more meaty targets.

So why waste time targeting alternative party members? Or the orgs or their Website etc etc etc. There must be a better way to win the country back from the PAPies. And that way is UNITY!

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP Website
o0xxkj.jpg

SDP Website
osrf51.jpg

RP Website

10fyyc0.jpg

WP Website
r0z3hj.jpg

SPP Website
24e3plj.jpg

NSP Website

116pcmb.jpg

No pictures for comparison is empty talk.
Take a good look at the above political websites...
and I'd attached the sites ranking accordingly to web functionality & aesthetics.

1. PAP

In terms of web interactive and color usage.
PAP site had scored quite well.
They had placed the most impt news on the top left corner...
followed by secondary news at the bottom.
Interactive news are on the right side, easier for readers to click.

The top bar menu are quite sufficient ...
not too less buttons
not too much buttons.

The only gripe is the top banner.
Less cluttered image for the top banner will enhance the overall look.
and add a tone down background color will make the white text area stand out.

2. SDP
In terms of web functionality, SDP scored quite well too.
The have the top/impt stories at the top left corner and interactive on the right.

The color usage is ok.
Using earth color as background, the white text are will stand out.
Lucky they neber use their party color RED as background....
else it will looks like CNY.

However, the only gripe is their top menu bar.
Too many buttons on the top.
They should refocus their priority..of their sections buttons as main navigation. And the rest of it will sink to the bottom right corner.

3. Reform Party Website

Like someone said, the color usage is too cartoonish.
Perhaps the web designer wanna use the logo color as their main corporate
web color...but in this case, the colors doesn't justify for its political purpose.
Look at SDP, logo is red...doesn't mean the site color must use red.

As for menu bars & interactive....they need to work on it.
more images for sub columns.

4. Workers Party Website
Unfortunately for WP, they have credible team but a site like this will
ruin their overall image.
The site color usage is so blue.....and you can't help it feeling blue too....:o
The top menu bar need to reorganise and crossword puzzle shouldn't be there.....Don't waste your top important corners for such entertainment.

5. SPP Website
Sigh...i think the site is done by a programmer rather than a web designer.
it is just too bare....no interactive nor images to interest me to read further.

Overhaul revamp immediately!!!!!

6. NSP Website
What they need to do is.....punch in more images & interactive.
Not just a WALL OF TEXT site.
Since English is the main language....use 1 will do.
If you wanna to reach out the chinese voters, have an option.
English | chinese.

If not, this gives an impression to the minority race voters that this is a
chinese clan political group.....no doubt chinese is the majority of the voters.

Overhaul revamp immediately!!!!!

A website is important in today context...unlike our parents time.
Most of us are working longer, and lesser time for leisure.
If the website is poorly done, very few will bother to read...
Remember....first impression counts.

2ndly, when you have interesting visuals, people will bother to click
the link and read further. See SDP as a good example.
They have a brief writeup for each story...couple with a nice image.
if you wanna read further...just click read more.

This give readers a glance of the overall topics.

Lastly, interactive video or interviews are relevant in the web2.0 era.
Just text alone is not good enough.
People wanna see the "real action going on" and not just chunk of text.
Elderly might tolerate wall of text...but youngsters don't.
You don't reward them with interactive media, they will just ignore ur site.

Thatz my quick 10mins summary.
Thanks for reading this wall of text.

:biggrin: :p :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Great Stuff Bro. Could you start a thread with the Header on Poitical party website and copy the post above. I am sure it will benefit all including the political parties.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Indeed, Bro Podod, 'a few pix tell a few 1000 words' !

Well done for yr effort ! :smile:

Yes, like scroobal says, tis deserves a new thread on its own !

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sorry I don't rhyme but I am hopeful that you accpet my reason. :biggrin:

We are in a dragon boat race. Everyone has to do their part otherwise we will lose. Forget about small things and look at the bigger picture. You may not be the one picking up the winner's trophy but being a part of a winning team is more important.

I see too many so-called alternative party supporters taking swipes at alternative party members and supporters. FOR WHAT!

You can only do one thing at any one time. And if you target anyone from the alternative parties then you lose out on attacking the PAPies who are diabolical and have no moral compass and are easy and more meaty targets.

So why waste time targeting alternative party members? Or the orgs or their Website etc etc etc. There must be a better way to win the country back from the PAPies. And that way is UNITY!

Thank you, Mr ChaoPappyPoodle !

This is by far your most sincere , gracious & meaningful post.

Why can't you post more like that instead of being impatient, sarcastic, nasty, mean etc etc

Your message on UNITY I fully endorse. But you must not perceive the occasional criticism to be criminal or to expect healthy exchanges. e.g. those who find LTK & CST too quiet start saying nasty things about WP, surely these people also fail your UNITY test too, right ?

Even in the old days, while we are for Lee Siew Chor or JBJ, yet we ccan't laughing at the antics of the late Harbans Singh !

Also, I feel in criticising PAP, to anyhow wack would be silly & weaken our cause instead of helping - cementing anti-PAP people as stereotyped hysterical extremists, perpetually suffering from paranoa & frothing at the mouth.

That will hurt the opposition's credibility, don't you think ?

Given this post of yours, I take back all the mean things I implied of you :wink:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If there's unity, then I worry, and there can't be democracy with unity in the sense of politics. Italy and Germany were united fascists in the 30s. China is still united communists now. US or UK have no political unity, only democracy. See what I mean?

There can only be democracy when there's diversity, majority wins fairly and minority concedes gentlemanly, disagree with reason and fight for the next round. That's democracy.

I may support WP, NSP or GMS etc. but I don't understand why many anti-PAPs equate voting for opposition as democracy or even enlightenment while voting for PAP means no democracy, apathetic, scared, stupid or whatever. In the end, I notice such attitudes alienate potential swing-voters. It amounts to the same attitude as LKY saying you must be daft if you vote against PAP, the very man and very party you're trying to oppose, and yet with the same attitude.

Democracy is freedom to think for yourself and decide for whom to vote. If you think that voting PAP is good for you, it's still democracy.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

NSP had move out from the interests of the Chinese community, Chinese customs and values or fight for Singapore Chinese Citizen right on business, educational, cultural and community to multiracial interests. One Country, One Nation and One Singapore. Not One Hong Kong or One Taiwan. Please support our new Secretary General Goh Meng Seng.

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal

If there's unity, then I worry, and there can't be democracy with unity in the sense of politics. Italy and Germany were united fascists in the 30s. China is still united communists now. US or UK have no political unity, only democracy. See what I mean?

There can only be democracy when there's diversity, majority wins fairly and minority concedes gentlemanly, disagree with reason and fight for the next round. That's democracy.

I may support WP, NSP or GMS etc. but I don't understand why many anti-PAPs equate voting for opposition as democracy or even enlightenment while voting for PAP means no democracy, apathetic, scared, stupid or whatever. In the end, I notice such attitudes alienate potential swing-voters. It amounts to the same attitude as LKY saying you must be daft if you vote against PAP, the very man and very party you're trying to oppose, and yet with the same attitude.

Democracy is freedom to think for yourself and decide for whom to vote. If you think that voting PAP is good for you, it's still democracy.

I agree with you. I won't be voting for WP against PAP. I believe many voters are thinking along this line too.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

I agree with you. I won't be voting for WP against PAP. I believe many voters are thinking along this line too.

I would only agree with both of you if Singapore is truely democratic, not merely having the right to vote.

At this stage of the game, I won't even bother about whose who in opposition. To me, it's all about voting more opposition ( until they are of equal force to PAP ), whoever they are, to give democarcy a foothold again in Singapore, if any to begin with.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So succinctly put ! I totally second !

I would only agree with both of you if Singapore is truely democratic, not merely having the right to vote.

At this stage of the game, I won't even bother about whose who in opposition. To me, it's all about voting more opposition ( until they are of equal force to PAP ), whoever they are, to give democarcy a foothold again in Singapore, if any to begin with.

All reasonable arguments with their own merit.

My comments are for the edification of Bro ChaoPappyPoodle & others who are extremely hysterical & abusive.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

How many people really want the PAP changed? How many really mean it? All the times positions are judged through actions than words. It is a fact that opposition parties are the only tool to, but is also a fact that the majority of those who oppose the PAP do it as NMPs, NGO players, bloggers and forummers, these probably overnumbering the opposition 100 to 1.

Every of the above has an important role to play in this society, it adds vibrancy and interest in national affairs, but let's face the fact that just specifically for the purpose of having to replace PAP, those who really want this to happen would not choose those channels to do so.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

I suppose you look at China as a democracy? Democracy means more than freedom to vote.

The unity I talk about is similar to the unity that helped SG gain self-governance and then independence.

I see a large group of people who actually believe that the PAPies will evolve into a more democracy-loving political party once oldman passes on. This is also the same group that believed that GCT was a good man who espoused a more caring government. This is the GCT that led massive legal forays against TLH and JBJ and even threatened intellectual SGs against straying into the political arena.

The PAPies will never change their spots. IT has served them well. The party is probably filled with self-centered people waiting to pounce on the opportunity for a bigger piece of the cake.

With the FT, HDB, cost-of-living, lack of personal political expression, lack of credible media and judiciary, the time has come for a total overhaul of the political climate in SG.

You can argue all you want about the number of degrees or the quality of the candidates but as llong as the media is controlled by a political party then there will never be an opportunity for the people to make a conscious, honest and free choice.

I say enough the of the PAPies and their policies. Unlike others, I truly believe that the PAPies has their priorities in such a manner that it is party first and country second. SG will never be their main goal so why bother voting in someone who is overly supported by the media and who will only end up rubber-stamping policies that are truly harmful to SG on a long-term basis.

Enough is enough. It is time that they are removed. If they somehow manage to win the elections again then I fear that within 4 years' time, the number of FTs in SG will increase to another ridiculous number and more SGs will be marginalised and with no real manner to get themsevles out of the rut.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

voting out PAP from Govt is impossible. Oppositions winning any extra parliamentary seats would be very hard too.

First - PAP will win 40-50% walkovers seats on Nomination day as usual

Second - PAP would have done opinion polls on every constituencies level of support, based on that will redraw ( gerrymandering ) the electoral boundaries so that all constituencies are "safe"

That's why we have elections so fast, within a few months after the electoral boundaries are released. The electoral boundaries for PAP benefits are fresh, reliable and accurate at that point so it's best to hold elections asap after the map is redrawn. ( In Singapore, you can basically redraw the constituencies boundaries anywhere you like, from whatever direction :biggrin: )

It's a losing battle, say to say.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I suppose you look at China as a democracy? Democracy means more than freedom to vote.

The unity I talk about is similar to the unity that helped SG gain self-governance and then independence.

China is of course not a democracy. To be in legal politics, there's only one way, join the Communist Party. To join the Communist Party, one must believe in (or at least purport or pretend to) communist politics.

I get your point about unity. You probably feel that PAP is a class of it's own like colonists, not part of your class of Singaporeans but ruling over yours like colonists. If that's the case, it defeats the purpose of independence. Therefore, vote them out at all costs to regain true independence as in Singapore governed by Singaporeans chosen by and from Singaporeans for Singapore.

Anyway, Singaporeans were also not united about independence, for your info, if you check history. Especially not even PAP. They advocated merger into Malaysia and carried out kind of a skewered no-choice referendum to merge into Malaysia. Then Singapore got kicked out and become independent. It was independence by circumstance and consequence, not by united freedom fighting.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

We seem to be talking about two different times.

Regardless, for me it is as simple as voting into parliament, the people that will safeguard my socoi-economic well-being, allow for freedom of expression without indulging in hate mongering, allow for a vigorous and truthful media, allow for interested parties to participate freely in all aspects of civil society without fear, promote economic and social progress amongst the population etc etc etc.

In short, all the good things that a decent and honest government should provide to their citizens.

IN 45 years of PAP rule, they have done nothing but to impose economic slavery on their citizens and dealt multiple death blows to any decent, able and caring opposition.

And you still think they will change their spots?

They have to go. The marriage has lasted long enough. The damage is horrendous and will escalate exponentially with time for as long as they remain in power.

Those who think that the PAP will win the next GE should join the PApies and leave the alternative parties to fight a patriotic, united and honest battle in the next GE with the best chance in the last 45 years to win something big.

How BIG? The bigger the better. As I have said previously, the 33% have to do their part. The 66% are still your fellow citizens. Do your part to convince the 66%. It has never been easier than now where even the PAPies' previously unblemished hold of our reserves is now in serious question.

Add to that the sickening and utterly unnecessary influx of FTs and you have a formula that says that the PApies have tied themselves in a knot.

From Taiwan to Japan to Malaysia, the tide has turned and there is a real opportunity in SG to make things better - to allow the people to govern for themselves.

The PAPies are not a class unto themselves, they are classless and lack any moral high ground.They have killed off viable opposition in the past but in doing so they have also killed off a alrge part of SG and silly and greedy as they are, they have also killed themselves off.

If the PAPies win the next GE, then the country is right on track for a freefall with tens and even hundreds of thousands of SGs in economic and social issues.

Where do you think the 6.5 million will come from? Where will they stay? It's a never ending cycle of dooom based on greed and idiocy that has made them come up with such ridiculous policies.

The end must come for the PAPies. You have a choice. Either you vote for the PAP or you vote for yourself, your family and your loved ones. It's you or them. And you know where their allegiance lies. Do you know where your allegiance lies?