• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nov 5 2009 The saddest developed country

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The saddest developed country

Thursday, November 5, 2009

[URL="http://utopia8787.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html"]
Today, we look at Singapore after 50 years of PAP rule:
everyone is tired and totally drained out by PAP's pro-business approach.
Singaporeans work hard for very little relatively to other first world countries because of PAP.

trot down Shenton Way and Paya Lebar during peak hours, what we see is a typical Singaporean:
frustrated, stressed, angry and most importantly: helpless.

drop by old towns like Eunos's circuit road, Chinatown's waterloo street, Toa Payoh's lorongs...we'll see countless elderly peddling tissues, arching their back picking up recyclable items, pushing loads of "trash", and the handicapped and poor in the streets performing, begging...what retirement? what first world country and GDP progress? all the GDP percentage has nothing to do with them!

look at our local tertiary students. the PAP rather fund some foreign students with worse-than-PSLE English than to subsidize Singaporean students university and polytechnic fees.

look at the blank faces of the NSFs: underpaid, tamed and have no freedom.

their resigned faces say it all.

Singapore today is a sad sad place.
there is no Hope and no signs of life here. work and work...
we have degraded into a callous and meaningless society because of PAP.

the PAP know it, but they want to have their cake and eat it too. thus they resort to propagandas: telling Singaporeans to smile, to be gracious, to be accommodating of foreigners, to appreciate what we have...faking happiness.
sometimes i wonder if the PAP members are faking it too.

does the PAP as a ruling government understand?

this place gives me heartaches, which is also the reason why i will choose to leave Singapore if PAP wins the next GE.

i will give it all i've got for the next GE, am considering to join the Opposition and hope to get socio-civic bloggers like me to be in for this too.

Singapore have all the talents to form a better government. i will approach them and hopefully pursuade these talents to concentrate together in one party and stand for elections.

will visit Reform Party's open house next tuesday and the Worker's Party headquarters the week after.

the people is waiting for a Change, a new Hope.
i have decided to stop waiting and seek the team who will be the Change. i hope readers will at least do their part by educating their families and friends about the sad state PAP has put us in.

p.s. i thank you all for the emails and messages of encouragement i received from the TOC interview. Change is about the people's effort. lets give it all we've got for this country this General Elections.
[/URL]

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
telling Singaporeans to smile, to be gracious, to be accommodating of foreigners, to appreciate what we have...

This isn't propaganda on all measures of the word. You people are always being so grumpy and so critical of everyone and everything anyway in good times and bad so in response there's absolutely nothing wrong of your government AT ANY GIVEN TIME to tell all of you once more to learn dropping these undesirable social traits and to be happy and content in life not excluding the need for a number, or we should say, just about all of you to work hard at being real civilized gentlemen.

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This isn't propaganda on all measures of the word. You people are always being so grumpy and so critical of everyone and everything anyway in good times and bad so in response there's absolutely nothing wrong of your government AT ANY GIVEN TIME to tell all of you once more to learn dropping these undesirable social traits and to be happy and content in life not excluding the need for a number, or we should say, just about all of you to work hard at being real civilized gentlemen.

lol. black shit smelly motherfucker. hahahhaa.

fuck back to your village in mumbai why dont u.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Daily TWiP - Guy Fawkes attempts to blow up Parliament today in 1605

Welcome to the Daily TWiP, your daily dose of all the holidays, historical observances, etc., we couldn't cram into The Week in Preview.

Today in 1605, Guy Fawkes was arrested while leaving a cellar beneath the British Parliament. Although he lied about his identity, claiming his name was John Johnson, he freely confessed to his intentions: to destroy both King James I and the members of Parliament by lighting the 36 barrels of gunpowder he had concealed in the cellar.

Fawkes was a member of a network of wealthy Catholics who were fed up with the sanctioned persecution of Catholics in Protestant England. They had hoped for greater tolerance of their religion when James I had ascended the throne, but found those hopes quickly dashed.

Deciding it was time for drastic measures, Robert Catesby concocted what has come to be known as The Gunpowder Plot.

In essence, the plan was to blow up the Houses of Parliament during the State Opening, when the king, the aristocracy, and the nobility would all be present. With the Protestant rulers gone (as well as many Catholic ones), Catesby and his co-conspirators would orchestrate a rebellion, during which James I's oldest daughter Elizabeth would be put on the throne as a Catholic monarch.

Fawkes, a soldier with extensive experience in explosives, was a key part of this complicated plan. Had he succeeded in lighting the gunpowder, the explosion would not only have destroyed the Houses of Parliament but many of the buildings in the surrounding complex. Any buildings within a one kilometer radius of the area would have had their windows blown out.

To the dismay of the conspirators, this was never to be. It is thought that Sir Francis Tresham, one of the conspirators, was concerned for the safety of the Catholic members of Parliament (specifically, his brother-in-law Lord Monteagle) and sent Monteagle the anonymous letter that begged him not to attend the opening of Parliament and revealed certain details of the plot.

Similar letters were received by other members of Parliament and the king was alerted to the plot, but it was generally thought to be a hoax. The conspirators decided to go ahead with the plan regardless, which resulted in Fawkes' arrest as he was leaving the cellar after making sure the explosives were in place.

Fawkes was taken to the Tower of London and tortured in an effort to get the names of the rest of the conspirators, but he resisted for several days. At this time, he learned that many of his fellow plotters had publicly revealed themselves. He then gave the authorities only the names of those who had already made themselves known or who had died as the result of revealing their involvement.

Several months later, Fawkes and the surviving conspirators were sentenced to be hung until nearly dead and then drawn and quartered until completely dead. We will not go into details, but we can assure you it is an extremely nasty way to die.

Fawkes avoided the second half of his execution by jumping off the scaffold while the noose was around his neck. The fall broke his neck and he died instantly.

The foiling of The Gunpowder Plot is commemorated by the British each year as Guy Fawkes Night, or alternatively, Bonfire Night or Fireworks Night. As the latter names imply, the holiday is celebrated with firework displays and bonfires. Traditionally, an effigy of Fawkes, simply called a "guy," would be burnt on the bonfires, but this has become less common in recent years.

R

redlightmeansgo

The world will descend on this dejected place next week.

Wonder what they will see

R

redlightmeansgo

Any raids this week on KTVs, to clear the mess off the streets?

I still see beggars and old aunties peddling tissues at the usual places. Wonder they got taken off the streets as well

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
When we complete our immigration programme of another 1.5 million FT, mostly PRCs, we will be economically secure

It's a matter of building enough. That's why the move to release more land is urgent and the URA notice today is to be applauded

PRC work hard and save for the future

When I look at my PRC staff who are also my friends I feel blessed and know that the future will be a good one as long as we attract more of them

Open your hearts and welcome them

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's easy being happy in Singapore. All one has to do is opt out of the rat race. Participation is entirely voluntary.

Lu Bu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Rubbish snipped!

And you are the asshole that goes around rating other peoples thread with 1 star rating. So far i have observed that only Watchmen rates his own thread and so the fuck do i care. Your other asshole clone nick SamuelStalin has been banned by me that is why u have to log in to this another asshole nick. DearestGodlikeWarrior aka SamuelStalin i am here to deflate your ego. :biggrin:

Beshitted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you also look at your CPF statement everyday and feel rich?

When we complete our immigration programme of another 1.5 million FT, mostly PRCs, we will be economically secure

It's a matter of building enough. That's why the move to release more land is urgent and the URA notice today is to be applauded

PRC work hard and save for the future

When I look at my PRC staff who are also my friends I feel blessed and know that the future will be a good one as long as we attract more of them

Open your hearts and welcome them

O

Orochi

I am the Warlord Orochi here! Not some piece of shit by the nick of SamuelStalin who does nothing all day except spewing rubbish, de-rating threads, boosting his ego and busy reporting posts! General Lu Bu! I will this asshole to you! :biggrin::oIo:

D

Diao Chan

And you are the asshole that goes around rating other peoples thread with 1 star rating. So far i have observed that only Watchmen rates his own thread and so the fuck do i care. Your other asshole clone nick SamuelStalin has been banned by me that is why u have to log in to this another asshole nick. DearestGodlikeWarrior aka SamuelStalin i am here to deflate your ego. :biggrin:

Lu Bu my dear, have mercy and please spare him for he is worse than a pussy!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should be instigating and planning on how to blow up the fcuking parliament like Guy Fawkes.

What for?...we can get the FT's to do that work...one day it will happen, either a disgruntled, over stressed, FT will do, what Sir Ong could not do, do a MIW in...better than BBQ Seng...or there will come a day, the hungrey, homeless, jobless SINgaporeans..will attack the FT's in horders after they have lost educational places, job security...and so forth..

If we do not seriously look into this too sudden an influx of foreigners into our midst...we may end up one day...like what it is happening in Europe...

:mad:

daty41

The day diploma singaporeans look for jobs LESS than $1500 per month, then we dont need FT.

From the post also it obvious that many have not lived in other countries, where ppl are so deperate, the rob and injure ppl over $1, the situation so bad, the join 'groups' or gangs.

Why singaporean so sad, cause they insist on buying condos/bigger flats they cannot afford, cars they cannot afford (even though the public transport is quite good...PLEASE try other countries public transport then comment on how ;bad' s'pore public transport is. Cars is a NECESSITY in other countries but in singapore its NOT), extra accessories like latest HPs, laptops, cameras, eat at restaurants, drink premium coffee etc.

work, Singapore is one country where there are work which singaporeans REJECT cause its beneath them!!!!!! so the country needs to get FT!!!!!! This is a joke to other countries with high employment rates due to a REAL SHORTAGE of jobs. I have interviewed quite a few 'next' generation singaporeans, and their expectations are instant executive or higher jobs with higher than average pay and benefits. Any hint of 'dirty' work and they will 'hint' that they prefer not to do such work. WTF!!! ever heard of engineers that dont get their hands dirty!!!!! Those Ang Mo engineers often laugh at us when they realise many local engineers are just paper engineers and would simply bypass them and teach the FT technicians.

talk about freedom? what in singapore can't u do? Foreigners are flocking INTO singapore for stuff they cannot enjoy in their country. cheap food, cheap products, cheap entertaiment, long hours shopping (trust me, when ALL shops closes at 6:30PM weekdays, you will cry of boredom) even the country turn a blind eye on vice. Only thing u cannot do is drugs, which if you want to do, then u can go to another country, OD and die there for all we care. We dont need druggies here. Try other countries where extremist groups push u to the ground, mock u, even punch u in public where the police cannot do anything about it. Ever been called racist names in a public bus just because you are asian, but everybody in the bus think its 'no big deal' cause it just freedom of speech. asian girls being verbally harrassed, the guys even try to chat to me on how they like asian girls and how tight they are when their big dicks enter them..... = just flirting. Unfortunately i dont dare to do anything cause it a bunch of bikers looking guys but watch two asian girls cry in front of me, THATS FREEDOM OF SPEECH MY FRIEND!!!! all happening in a public bus.

CPF? ever get retrenched and have NOTHING anywhere in any account!!!! Every have ABSOLUTELY ZERO DOLLARS to your name?

I have seen so many old ppl just literally rot in public. Here u beg, ppl got give money, they they get kicked and punched by hooligans, hooligans not afraid of the law cause they have 'rights'. The have the 'right' to pull a knife on my friend, punch him and treaten to stab him for 'fun'. If these hooligans ahve cheap food, cheap entertainment and east to get cheap vice, they would have better things to do then hang around get drunk and disturb ppl.

why singaporeans so sad, because they think they are living a less than ordinary life,....a life which many foreigners look upon as extraordinary.

The ONLY thing which is not good about singapore is NS. Make it a choice (knowing Singaporean almost ALL will not volunteer) and pay them higher.

In my experience (NOT view) everything else is much better. So who really are the winner??? Singaporean girls!!!!!!

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lu Bu my dear, have mercy and please spare him for he is worse than a pussy!

Worse? Nah. Way better than you and used dirty pussy that you don't dare look at or lick, you fugly stupid and worthless gay faggot nick of Lu Bu.

Fucking dirty China girl. Ptt.

Go back to Geylang, chink shit.