• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Non serving NS girl think NS should be long

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never think any girl worthy to be cursed, not even HC for losing billions.

This one though, really needs to be cursed. SAF, i will gladly go and serve SAF100 to this XXXXXX XXXXX XXXXX of a woman.

I hope that SAF restrospectively take all these women under 30 (most of them saying their pregnancy is doing NS yet how many are pregnant???) and dump them into a 3 tonner and send them all to Tekong.

Even pregnant can serve--stand by bed

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
National Service is a must, it cannot be eliminated, nor subcontracted. The essence of sense of belonging, espirit de corp is formed in National Service. These are the crucial time where boys were made into men.

I'm not sure the 10s of thousands of ex-Singaporeans living overseas would agree. Nor the myriad of SPGs who opted for men (you know, those who don't need maids to carry their bags or live off their parents?) from countries devoid of mandatory conscription.

If you don't sustain a credible armed forces to defend the nation, we'll end up like Kuwait. We must have the abilities to give Collateral Damage if harm comes our way.

Give me the volunteers and professionals of the very credible SAS over the pussies we have in the SAF any day. :rolleyes:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure the 10s of thousands of ex-Singaporeans living overseas would agree. Nor the myriad of SPGs who opted for men (you know, those who don't need maids to carry their bags or live off their parents?) from countries devoid of mandatory conscription.

Give me the volunteers and professionals of the very credible SAS over the pussies we have in the SAF any day. :rolleyes:

you cna't just immediately end NS. Friendly relations will only exist in a fairytale land. Some source of defence, along side citizen knowledge of the need to defend is needed

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Cruxx,

For your first point, I am staying overseas most of the time, this hard question was asked by a fellow Singaporean who is in his early 50s. He challenged me, "If Singapore have aggressors attacking Singapore, what will I do?"

My immediate feeling, right from my gut & heart & soul says, " Go back and defend our FAMILIES "

It is not so much so about defending the nation, but it's defending your families, like your parents, your brothers, your sisters, your relatives, your uncles, your aunties, your children, your cousins, your neighbourhood that you've grown up from, and defending what you stand for as a matured Singaporean, a Singaporean Citizen. Which the new citizens who didn't serve NS will never understand the deep patriotism that we have been instilled. Say all you want, when Singapore is attacked by an aggressor, I am confident that Singaporean Citizens Overseas will come back to FIGHT FOR SINGAPORE. FOR OUR FAMILY.

As for your second point Cruxx, Singapore's equivalent of the British SAS (Special Air Service), is our SOF (Special Operations Forces) consist of Commandos. If you would like to compare, compare Apple to Apple, not SAS to NS men, that's totally an unfair comparison.

Seems like Cruxx, you do not know what you stand for as a Singaporean Citizen anymore... think about what you are defending for, and what do you stand for, and everything will be clear.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
National Service is a must, it cannot be eliminated, nor subcontracted. The essence of sense of belonging, espirit de corp is formed in National Service. These are the crucial time where boys were made into men.

Take a look at Israel, small but packed with a punch, no aggressor wants to do anything funny, and the Israel policy is, an eye for and eye... exactly the same as Henry Kissinger's policies of Equal Collateral Damage. (Jews)

If you don't sustain a credible armed forces to defend the nation, we'll end up like Kuwait. We must have the abilities to give Collateral Damage if harm comes our way.

We just need to have a credible, deterrent force, and aggressors will have to think twice about their intentions.

Yours is the typical singapore bullshit thinking, totally lacking in logical thought and filled with paranoia thoughts that u have swallowed hook line and sinker from the PAP. So, what u are saying is the nations that have no NS do not have a sense of belonging, esprit de corp, etc.? Are u saying Australian, American, Brits, Chinese, etc. lack this? Don't tell them that to their face, or they will whack you. A sense of belonging is created by many factors, and national service might be one, or it might not be. Many of the older generations like my father have never served NS, however, they do have a sense of belonging to singapore for sure. What about women? They have never done NS. Does your mother or sister not have a sense of belonging to singapore? I am sure they do. Also, since all these countries that I mentioned do not have NS, does that mean all their men are actually still boys? See how stupid your statement is now?

Before u say you want to create a credible, deterrent force, u must first identify your enemy and their strenght and intentions. U than build up a military to meet these threats. The Israelis have done that. And their armed forces is tailored to their needs. So, before u shoot your mouth off, what and who are singapore's military threats?

The Indons? They couldn't equip and sail a battalion across the sea in order to launch an amphibious assualt on us. The malaysians? We are so economically, culturally, and historically linked to them, it will be like they were cutting off their own leg if they attacked us. In any case, there are 150% more chinese in malaysia than there are in SIngapore. The Thais? The Viets? The Fillipinos? Please. A standing army of 50,000 strong can easily defend this palce without the need for NS.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good alternative plan from bro sperm, a west point or sandhurst type system would be great, it will improve the stand of the officer corp in SAF.

but i prefer to scrape the Reservist system SAF current have and turn it into a fully volunteer militia aka national guard. To attract volunteer, the allowance much match the regular salary in the SAF in term of rank and vocation. Full medical insurance for ppl who join and a small pension given after the end of honorary service in the militia. of course, the length of service will be lengthen to maybe 15years. Then a special tax will levy on singaporeans/prs/s & e pass holders to fund this increase in defense expenditure. citizens and prs who serve will be exempted from this special/national defense tax. As a volunteer, most will not mind going back to camp for some refreasher training on weekend and one major excerise scheduled per year to allow volunteer to apply leave to attend training. So the volunteer is being paid while on leave and also paid will training. double pay, win win situation.:biggrin:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yours is the typical singapore bullshit thinking, totally lacking in logical thought and filled with paranoia thoughts that u have swallowed hook line and sinker from the PAP. So, what u are saying is the nations that have no NS do not have a sense of belonging, esprit de corp, etc.? Are u saying Australian, American, Brits, Chinese, etc. lack this? Don't tell them that to their face, or they will whack you. A sense of belonging is created by many factors, and national service might be one, or it might not be. Many of the older generations like my father have never served NS, however, they do have a sense of belonging to singapore for sure. What about women? They have never done NS. Does your mother or sister not have a sense of belonging to singapore? I am sure they do. Also, since all these countries that I mentioned do not have NS, does that mean all their men are actually still boys? See how stupid your statement is now?

Before u say you want to create a credible, deterrent force, u must first identify your enemy and their strenght and intentions. U than build up a military to meet these threats. The Israelis have done that. And their armed forces is tailored to their needs. So, before u shoot your mouth off, what and who are singapore's military threats?

The Indons? They couldn't equip and sail a battalion across the sea in order to launch an amphibious assualt on us. The malaysians? We are so economically, culturally, and historically linked to them, it will be like they were cutting off their own leg if they attacked us. In any case, there are 150% more chinese in malaysia than there are in SIngapore. The Thais? The Viets? The Fillipinos? Please. A standing army of 50,000 strong can easily defend this palce without the need for NS.

Please run for Politics in Singapore, when you become one, I'll vote for you, and you make your way to become Minister for Defence.

Anyways, to each his own. I respect your views. We are not suppose to fight amongst ourselves in Sammyboy during these days.

VOTE FOR OPPOSITION, VOTE FOR YOUR VOICES TO BE HEARD IN PARLIAMENT is what I intend to do in these few days.

Dear Electorates, Vote Wisely... all of you will decide the fate of Singapore in the next 5 years... and in hope that we can have more ideas that help shape singapore better.

For your information, I don't really enjoy NS life, it was suffering... truly... of course there were many buddies and friends made, enemies as well...

No matter what other's views are, I believe that Singapore Need to have a deterrent force, credible enough to give collateral damage... as for Enemies... those who served National Service will know.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Sleaguepunter,

Thanks for the support for the view about turning Singapore's OCS into Sandhurst, West Point, 黄埔军校.

Tell you the truth, OCS don't train Officers, the trainees just go through motion... how can officers be formed, when during the training days, the cadets were treated like recruits... Singapore's OCS is like an extension of BMT, that's all... learning how to operate more toys. and learning how to bark at people lower ranking than you... this is not what an officer should be.

I do agree with you that Reservist System should be scrapped... I think SGP do have "National Guard", 2PDF if I am not wrong?

I like the idea of special national defense tax exemption. and the special levy tax passed to non NS service people, PRs, s & e pass holders... this does make sense! Those who serve get Tax benefits, those who didn't serve, pay special defense tax.

Yes, making it into a volunteer after national service, is a great idea, as those who truly like to take up arms for range, and go for jungle training refresher courses would surely sign up... this will create a willing National Guard Forces, where they do it because they want to, not because they were forced... the effectiveness of such troops would be phenomenal.

Keep the ideas pooring in, so that hopefully some of us can run for Minister of Defense and reform our SAF as well...

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Sleaguepunter,

Tell you the truth, OCS don't train Officers, the trainees just go through motion... how can officers be formed, when during the training days, the cadets were treated like recruits... Singapore's OCS is like an extension of BMT, that's all... learning how to operate more toys. and learning how to bark at people lower ranking than you... this is not what an officer should be.

QUOTE]

alamak ocs not so jiakluck liao. i ocs one hor so i know what the training is like.

but i agree with u is, ocs is about training and training. bmt learn basic training. ocs learn section training, platoon training and then company training. there is NO training on handling human aspects. when cadets pass out, they are automatically assume to be able to lead their men. so a lot of them do what they see, that is always fuck fuck and scold scold their men. i repeat, there is not even 1 single lesson in ocs teaching u how to manage your men.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
i repeat, there is not even 1 single lesson in ocs teaching u how to manage your men.

Hi bro Patrickv,

you're absolutely right... there are no leadership trainings... that's why I am asking why Singapore's OCS don't follow the Sandhurst, West Point, or even Huang Pu Jun Xiao? These are the places were Generals were trained... great generals were trained there.

And best of all, all those schools comes with accredited Degrees.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hi bro Patrickv,

you're absolutely right... there are no leadership trainings... that's why I am asking why Singapore's OCS don't follow the Sandhurst, West Point, or even Huang Pu Jun Xiao? These are the places were Generals were trained... great generals were trained there.

And best of all, all those schools comes with accredited Degrees.

All this talk about a singapore sandhurst is just that, talk. Really, the idea is not feasible nor realistic.

1) Sandhurst, West point, etc. are set up for countries with a large standing army that require a large number of professional officer corp. Our officer needs are so small that it is not worth it to financially set up and run it. Its better for our cadets to go overseas for training at these institutes. NS OCS of nine months is not designed to provide anything other than the most rudimentary field command. In fact, in other armies, this OCS course would be a NCO course.

2) In order to train great generals, u must have a great military tradition. We have no military tradition at all, much less, having never even fought in a war. Its like the blind leading the blind. DO you really want people teaching you in a Singapore West Point style uni who have no combat experience at all. That would be pretty scary.

3) We have CSC, where the professional SAF officer and selected NSF Officers can attend courses. I think this is all we need at this stage.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's too radical to end NS OCS immediately or end NS as a result. Already people are laughing at how short SG's officer training course is--the minimum is four years in all other countries. Either you built super robots with lasers to defend or you get a reformed defence force.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
All this talk about a singapore sandhurst is just that, talk. Really, the idea is not feasible nor realistic.

1) Sandhurst, West point, etc. are set up for countries with a large standing army that require a large number of professional officer corp. Our officer needs are so small that it is not worth it to financially set up and run it. Its better for our cadets to go overseas for training at these institutes. NS OCS of nine months is not designed to provide anything other than the most rudimentary field command. In fact, in other armies, this OCS course would be a NCO course.

2) In order to train great generals, u must have a great military tradition. We have no military tradition at all, much less, having never even fought in a war. Its like the blind leading the blind. DO you really want people teaching you in a Singapore West Point style uni who have no combat experience at all. That would be pretty scary.

3) We have CSC, where the professional SAF officer and selected NSF Officers can attend courses. I think this is all we need at this stage.

I disagree. We can pay millions to minister and we cannot train good leader?
They need to re-design the training for leadership in army. You do not need to send every ocs cadets but a FEW GOOD MEN to learn from the best and be the trainers if they make the grade.
From the day I stepped into army I was disappointed that 'Leadership by example' stopped at NCO. The officers always excuse themselves on platoon training. They lead when come to makan.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
You all can disagree all you want

But is there a way to build collective disagreement and legal opposition in Singapore

NO

Get real

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ms Felicia,

It only take 3 months for Basic Military Training... enough for men to be organized for war.

These men who went through Basic Military Training can be deployed on the fields.

Another 12 months for Operational Duties. Or Specialized Trainings.

NS men paid their blood, sweat, emotion, energy, sometimes life (due to some accidents).

Please do not judge the NS men, and talk cock sing song when you didn't even serve National Service.

NS men, later have to catch up in Universities or Polytechnics, or some even O levels... after their National Service. 15 months is just right...

And later, NS men have 13 year cycles or up to 50 years old if they were Officers.

Each cycle, they have to commit up to 1 month per year... and ensure that they are FIT for operational duties.

So, Ms. Felicia Ng, please do not just talk cock, and think that NS men have a good life while serving national service. Do not be selfish, and only think about yourself.

Come on lah, Singapore Armed Forces is a deterrent force. Nobody really want to go to war. War is so expensive, as proven by USA. It cost lives.

If you read Sun Tze Art of War (Which I highly doubt), it takes 8 civilians to sustain a soldier in times of war... this strains the economy. Besides, the economy consist of Civilian Conscripts, perhaps could be your relatives, your father, your uncle, your neighbors, your boyfriend, your brothers, your classmates...

Can you bear your own male Singaporeans to suffer so much, so that you can relax in Starbucks Coffee, reading from your I Pad?

I say, FUCK YOU! Spare a thought for Male Singaporeans! One day, when you have a son, you will know that it's so difficult to bring up a son to 18 years old, and you know that it's so dangerous to be trained in NS...

Talk to your boyfriends who have served, rather than talking cock, and thinking that this extension of national service, will increase the national security of the nation.

Today, there are technology, and advanced weaponry, exist. It is possible to use Technology, advanced weaponry to replace human forces (which happens to be precious in Singapore).

So, spare a thought for your male Singaporeans who have suffered. And stop talking cock when you know nothing about National Security.

Trying to bluff some kids? Thousands and thousands of boys have undergone NS - some 2.5 years - and have become successful citizens in the corporate world.

NS very tough is it? You even got the maid to carry your full-pack, your maid to wash your uniform and polish your boots, your maid to cook tonic and you said it's tough?

And when in camp, you got air-con buses to transport you to your training ground, the chefs from some big companies to cook your food - and you complain?

Listen to your father - or uncles - (provided he has not been downgraded) who had to shit in cesspool in Tekong, who had to catch thousands of houseflies on their dinner table, had to eat food from disgruntled NS cooks, had to sit on planks in 3-tonners, had to shine boots into the wee of the morning... and then you come and complain.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trying to bluff some kids? Thousands and thousands of boys have undergone NS - some 2.5 years - and have become successful citizens in the corporate world.

NS very tough is it? You even got the maid to carry your full-pack, your maid to wash your uniform and polish your boots, your maid to cook tonic and you said it's tough?

And when in camp, you got air-con buses to transport you to your training ground, the chefs from some big companies to cook your food - and you complain?

Listen to your father - or uncles - (provided he has not been downgraded) who had to shit in cesspool in Tekong, who had to catch thousands of houseflies on their dinner table, had to eat food from disgruntled NS cooks, had to sit on planks in 3-tonners, had to shine boots into the wee of the morning... and then you come and complain.

Rather you should complain to Felicia Ng

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

Suffering doesn't make you a better man

You can boast all you want about the shit you went through but who appreciates the rubbish life you went through? No one

A good education and good network of friends are indicators of success, not forced shitty conditions

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suffering doesn't make you a better man

You can boast all you want about the shit you went through but who appreciates the rubbish life you went through? No one

A good education and good network of friends are indicators of success, not forced shitty conditions

Classic Ah Q mentality. Being treated like a dog and yet have no qualms boasting his high threshold of suffering. This is how the PAPpies maintain their control of Sinkie sheep despite their obvious incompetencies :rolleyes:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Classic Ah Q mentality. Being treated like a dog and yet have no qualms boasting his high threshold of suffering. This is how the PAPpies maintain their control of Sinkie sheep despite their obvious incompetencies :rolleyes:

NS is not only about defending SG

It is also there to plant the seeds of obedience in those peasant offspring so that in future, they will have a natural inclination to bent over to get fucked by a superior being

I wonder how many % of Singaporeans DSTA, ST and MINDEF Hire in total?

20%?

Want a boost in GDP?

Just increase defense spending

Simple trick by Sinkies

Last edited: