• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nicole Seah's boyfriend hits out at TKL

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CCB GMS, sabo TKL oredi still dare to come here and KONG LANJIAO WEI....knn, GMS, so far wat have u achieved? Tell us lah...KNNBPCB chow tuabui chee....let me list down his failures:

1. computer retail biz - FAIL
2. WP election - FAIL
3. Want form new party - NATO
4. Want to have a MP training course - NATO
5. NSP election - FAIL
6. Help TKL in PE - FAIL
7. Marriage - FAIL
8. Career wise - ZERO

GMS, U SO KIANG HOR....

GMS was successful in Macau - Macaugate.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
nobody will remember his minibond adventure and standing up at hong lim on behalf of a group of angry bank-preferred customers who got played out by their personal RM who cater to those clientele with only 100K deposit and above.

While I don't think very much or highly of TKL and have not held back in criticising him previously, this stomping on, kicking and trampling of a man when he is down is gutter conduct and uncivilised behaviour. As scroobal said, let him take on a member of the the PAP. Preferably, take on a kwailan PAP Minister like Shanmugam. There's enough material about Shanmugam for him to write about.

I think that is the only way to prove that he has balls of steel. Any coward can kick a broken man when he is down and out. It does not require courage or balls of steel to do so.

Last edited:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Thick

Does anyone believe that Belmont acted on his own without any inspiration from Miss NS ? Most of us are just trying to forget a bad PE with a lamentable result for the 65%, she seems insistent on defending her chosen hero to the death, like some emo women suffering regrets about buying a product which went bad but being unable to admit she is wrong and doubling the bet on the wrong decision.

I would have thought she would have run as far away from TJS as possible in view of his dismal polling and his total lack of ability to build political bridges and no's. All I can say is that on counting nite a TJS supporter and agent from GE to PE looked surprised when I rebutted him by telling him that TJS could not return to opposition politics after the PE. I can only hope that TJS supporters are all not suffering from the same collective inability to use their frakking head

Locke

I have to say I am quite impressed with your ability to link what is essentially a TKL issue to NS and finally to someone who is not even being discussed, i.e. TJS.

Your three links reminds me of three posters. One had the uncanny abiity to respond and link any topics at hand to an anti-Muslim tirade. The other to his anti-"keling" tirade.

And of course, we have our famous Benny and his desire to inform the world he has AIDs in any threads started and in any topic discussed.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
well that opportunist twit TKL threw the first 'punch' wif his shocking "lows" revelations just 2 days before the polls...saying that 2 wrongs dont make a right...but i am all for sticking it to TKL becoz even after the poll results he still has to go on another 'survey' to find out what went wrong??!!...

Bro, I must be losing it. But I actually do feel sorry for him and the humiliation he suffered. The loss of face. From king of NTUC to nothing. I think all this survey is to save some face by getting some positive reasons like "sincerity" for him to recover his sense of self-esteem.

Maybe I am suffering from some sort of Stockholm Syndrome but let's do give him a break. He is also someone's father and husband. PE is also over. We can always hantam him if he over-recovers his sense of self-esteem and goes back to his kwailan ways.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
wonder whether hv u read TKL's latest drivel invoking "natural justice" as his 'sword' for blaming TJS?!...
While I don't think very much or highly of TKL and have not held back in criticising him previously, this stomping on, kicking and trampling of a man when he is down is gutter conduct and uncivilised behaviour.
I think that is the only way to prove that he has balls of steel. Any coward can kick a broken man when he is down and out. It does not require courage or balls of steel to do so.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Statement from Tan Kin Lian on the Presidential Election

31 August 2011
The outcome of the Presidential elections was obviously a shock to me. I expected a much better result and the prospect of polling less than the 12.5% of the votes (and losing the deposit) was felt to be remote.

Some commentators said that I should have known the ground feel on nomination day and withdrawn my candidacy then. This would have given the other "non-establishment" candidates the vital additional votes needed to win the elections and save me from the dismal disappointment of receiving only 4.9 per cent of the votes as well as a substantial financial loss.

As always, the wisdom of hindsight never fails but the truth was that on nomination day, the voters were still largely undecided on whom they would be voting, if at all.

My private surveys as well as information from a third party survey pointed to a credible level of support for me. I had also expected strong support from the heartlanders and the over 1 million policyholders of NTUC Income (where I had served for 30 years) as well as many people who remembered my advocacy of public causes and the plight of those who suffered investment losses during the last financial crisis.

Stacked against these positive indications was an on-line poll on Yahoo which showed a low level of support for me. However, I felt that the online poll was not representative of the entire voting population, as proven in the recent general election, and there were indications that this particular poll had been manipulated.

Anyway, it would have been difficult for me to drop out of the contest at nomination date. I would have disappointed the people who wanted to vote for me and also my supporters, who had put in a lot of work during the previous six weeks and my donors.

There was also the risk that I would be considered a coward or a quitter or someone who was never serious about the election. Most importantly, I felt that I could offer a choice of a different platform for Singaporeans to decide,

Some people asked if I would have withdrawn if I had reliable information that my support was less than 10%. The answer is that this is a moot point as we did not have that information. As already shared, we believed that on nomination day, the voters were still largely uncommitted.

I decided to contest the election on my platform to be the voice of the people, to use the influence of the President to make life better for Singaporeans and to be a truly non-partisan candidate. I worked hard to bring this message across in the TV broadcasts and the forums among the four candidates. Regrettably, I failed to convince the voters and became the candidate with the least votes.

I also suffered considerable damage from some mis-reporting by the mainstream media. My proposal on giving better recognition to male citizens who served national service was wrongly reported as advocating that females should also serve national service. Although the media reported my correction on this point, the damage had already been done and was irreparable. I also suffered from negative slant in the reporting on some other issues – which I shall not dwell on.

My post mortem showed that there were a few weaknesses in my campaign strategy, my image and messaging. I shall not go into them in detail.

The clear and positive message, sent in by many people after the results including those who did not vote for me, was that I was seen to be “sincere, courageous and spoke for Singaporeans”. I like to thank them for their support, understanding and encouraging words.

I was accused by my detractors of being the person responsible for letting Dr. Tony Tan become elected as President. They argued that I should have withdrawn, so that a “non-establishment” candidate could have been voted in. I had already explained why I could not take this approach.

I would also make the point that it was really up to the last candidate to withdraw as his platform was similar to mine in several respects. In the arena of natural justice, it is really only fair that the last one in should bear the responsibility for the outcome of the changed situation

My approach was to let the people of Singapore decide on the best person to be President. I do not have any preference for any particular candidate – not even for myself. I had congratulated Dr. Tony Tan for winning a hard fought contest. Time will tell if he can deliver the promise that he will act independently of the Government and protect the interest of Singaporeans. I feel that we should give him that chance.

The election had cost me and my donors a total of $120,000, including the loss of the deposit and also a dent to my reputation. However, I have already managed the disappointment and will take a positive attitude towards this outcome. I did receive slightly more than 100,000 votes from people who believed in my platform and looked positively towards me. Their trust and regard are worth the price that I have to pay.

I had also given a choice to the people of Singapore of a truly non-partisan platform. I respect their decision at this time but hope that the non-partisan concept embodied in my platform will find their support in the future.

I am willing to continue the work of being “the voice of the people”. If there is sufficient interest and support from other interested people, I will create a new website and mechanism to implement this role. If not, I will try to play this role in a smaller way.

I would like to thank the small team of about 50 people that had worked hard with me throughout the campaign and to the generous donors. They had put in time, dedication, support and care. I thank them very much for sharing the passion with me. My thanks also go to the 100,000 over people who voted for me.

What are my plans for the future? Will I take part in a future general or presidential election? I will keep an open mind on this question. It will be decided at the right time in the future. In the meantime, I will continue to serve the people of Singapore by communicating with them through the social media and also assist them to the best of my limited ability.

To conclude, I would like to leave everyone with the following quote from Marilyn Vos Savant -

“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

I have not given up.

Tan Kin Lian
Candidate for the Presidential Election, 2011
No, not yet. But that would suggest he has already recovered. Very healthy and strong man, this Tan Kin Lian.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor guy still doesnt see, his loss was certain from the get go, whether or not TJS joined.

If TJS had withdrawn, TKL will still be blamed for TCB loss because he would then be the only scapegoat then.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like he has fully recovered and is ripe for the picking and I will have to eat my words in shameful silence. While I did expect him to revert to his kwalian and egoistic self after a period of "mourning", I didn't quite expect his recovery to be that swift or his "mourning" period to be so short. Impressive chap I must say.

So, please accept my apologies.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
To conclude, I would like to leave everyone with the following quote from Marilyn Vos Savant -

“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

I have not given up.

Now that's a winner's attitude! You got to give it to him for daring to try again.

Success in politics (and love too, if I may add), depends a lot on external factors beyond your control...

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
His whole write-up was ok except he should just stop blaming others. Asking a candidate with 25% to give way to one with 5% support is absurd. First come first serve? This is no queuing up for hello kitty. The other point that tickled me was.. he thought the 1m policy holders of NTUC income was going to give him some support... that is really funny

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was one of the first few to praise NS after her maiden performance. However, after her apology on behalf of the old man, I became suspicious. A novice doing such an act is marvelous and to do it in Malay is incredulous. Then come the crying scene. I dismissed all these as over suspicion.

When she came out to support the sotong, I could see no link nor reason. Even if the purpose is genuinely for the good of opposition, it only shows poor judgement because they will never win without attempting to win over the moderates.

I hope she has been doing all these because she is naive and not for other reasons. However, with this new development cum the fact that she is from NSP after failing to "stay" in RP, it appears otherwise. For those who has been observing long enough, you may know why.

NS is just a puppet doll, being used by people. There are a lot of people who wanted to give her sound advice, really a lot of people who want her to succeed because she is young, naive and inexperienced. Unfortunately she is such a air head and refuses to listen to anybody except her puppet master. Until she is used and thrown away, she won't be able to realize her mistake. It will be too late by then.