• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nicole Seah - Biggest Loser this time

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nicole, what have you done? You disappointed many people and you let yourself down!

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
She got chummy with TJS. May she can be his permanent PA or second wife.

She was unfortunate to be messed up with KJ and had to endure GMS for 2 years. I feel sorry for her.

Be optimistic. She may learn something useful with her association with TJS.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
She was unfortunate to be messed up with KJ and had to endure GMS for 2 years. I feel sorry for her.

Be optimistic. She may learn something useful with her association with TJS.

Yes she learn how to suck up to him and sabo Singaporeans in the end

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only politically savvy individual in the Alternative Party camp is LTK. Even TCB is politically naive. Nicole Seah should have joined up with TCB or TCB should have approached her. TCB would easily have increased his vote count by at least 5% if he had Nicole in his corner.

TJS is an egomaniac. All he was harking about was his economic papers which is outdated and of poor execution based solely on his lack of understanding of what makes our economy tick. If he doesn't understand the economy then how else is he going to set a path for the future economy? There was less than a 15% chance that he would win from the onset. But once TKL came into the picture, his chances went down to nearly impossible. I don't trust this guy. He is too much of an opportunist and not smart enough even in his area of education. His politically naivete compares favourably to that of a 24 year old like Nicole Seah.

I touched on the free trade agreements but not one of the EP candidates touched on this topic. Just promising to look into the details would have opened a can of worms and brought in a large number of votes. Clueless candidates are what we ended up with. It's been a very disappointing EP, much more than the GE. At least that had more bite and challenge. This one was a gone-case as soon as TJS came into the fray and NS went along for the ride and TCB was being his usual naive self.

All are a bunch of losers because they don't know how to win because winning isn't in their blood. A win means a win. As long as you did not win then you lost! These losers think that by losing they won something because they made some inroads. Hello! This isn't the Oylmpics! If you don't play to win then you will surely lose, Sadly they drag a large percentage of Singaporeans along for the losing ride.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only politically savvy individual in the Alternative Party camp is LTK. Even TCB is politically naive. Nicole Seah should have joined up with TCB or TCB should have approached her. TCB would easily have increased his vote count by at least 5% if he had Nicole in his corner.

TJS is an egomaniac. All he was harking about was his economic papers which is outdated and of poor execution based solely on his lack of understanding of what makes our economy tick. If he doesn't understand the economy then how else is he going to set a path for the future economy? There was less than a 15% chance that he would win from the onset. But once TKL came into the picture, his chances went down to nearly impossible. I don't trust this guy. He is too much of an opportunist and not smart enough even in his area of education. His politically naivete compares favourably to that of a 24 year old like Nicole Seah.

I touched on the free trade agreements but not one of the EP candidates touched on this topic. Just promising to look into the details would have opened a can of worms and brought in a large number of votes. Clueless candidates are what we ended up with. It's been a very disappointing EP, much more than the GE. At least that had more bite and challenge. This one was a gone-case as soon as TJS came into the fray and NS went along for the ride and TCB was being his usual naive self.

All are a bunch of losers because they don't know how to win because winning isn't in their blood. A win means a win. As long as you did not win then you lost! These losers think that by losing they won something because they made some inroads. Hello! This isn't the Oylmpics! If you don't play to win then you will surely lose, Sadly they drag a large percentage of Singaporeans along for the losing ride.

Exactly. Even the renown economist Ha-Joon Chang noted the importance of manufacturing and yet TJS had the cheek to rebut Chang.

http://www.economist.com/debate/overview/207

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are economists on both sides of the motion. What we should aim for is high value added manaufacturing and not those based on cheap labour. TSJ was an idiot for wanting to reduce the number of foreign workers in our shipping sector. Without our shipping sector, we would lose our fundamental economic actvity which is related to the shipping industry and it peripheral activities.

The only reason I can think of for keeping manufacturing here is that it makes the GDP look good, adds to GST collection, maintains a high level of demand for housing and for keeping wages low. All these work very well for the PAP regime.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are economists on both sides of the motion. What we should aim for is high value added manaufacturing and not those based on cheap labour. TSJ was an idiot for wanting to reduce the number of foreign workers in our shipping sector. Without our shipping sector, we would lose our fundamental economic actvity which is related to the shipping industry and it peripheral activities.

The only reason I can think of for keeping manufacturing here is that it makes the GDP look good, adds to GST collection, maintains a high level of demand for housing and for keeping wages low. All these work very well for the PAP regime.

Read Chang's argument about manufacturing's importance--he never said services were terrible. TJS says manufacturing is shit.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
TSJ is a light weight economist and a naive politician wannabe. I agree with Chang but at the same time I have issues when people are able to lump manufacturing as a single category. It shows a lack of understanding of the different types of manufacturing and/or the type of economic inputs used in the different manufacturing sectors. It is always necessary to categorize economic activity based on inputs and outputs. Then one looks at the state of the local economy, global economy and then plan for the future. In short, the motion in the article is weak and I think deliberately so, so that there is sufficient ambiguity to allow for discussion even though most of it is frivolous.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
TSJ is a light weight economist and a naive politician wannabe. I agree with Chang but at the same time I have issues when people are able to lump manufacturing as a single category. It shows a lack of understanding of the different types of manufacturing and/or the type of economic inputs used in the different manufacturing sectors. It is always necessary to categorize economic activity based on inputs and outputs. Then one looks at the state of the local economy, global economy and then plan for the future. In short, the motion in the article is weak and I think deliberately so, so that there is sufficient ambiguity to allow for discussion even though most of it is frivolous.

Chang didn't lump manufacturing in one go. If anything, Chang doesn't promote the fast removal of manufacturing like TJS did in his paper. It's very nice to have a new alternative economic policy but at what cost? How do you train the manufacturing workers so fast to enter services?

More than that TJS in between the lines wants to promote less government-linked stuff and more private-based economy. That's fine, but very free-market-ish.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, our PAP government is too large. Not only does its economic activity hamper local entrepreneurship it also cultivates an environment where within the GLCs a climate of cronyism is created and perpetuated. It is a very poor way to manage an economy. It's good for the ruling party but bad for the country and the people. A lof of the GLCs should be privatised or cut down in size. Productivity and growth within and outside of Singapore can only be achieved by true entrepreneurs and not by government-linked employees. Government-linked employees are like the opposite of what an entrepreneur is.

Free-market is the backbone towards economic growth. Less government involvement except in legislation is what the economy needs. ALl needs to be done and done in a structures manner. Right now, our economy is tuned to support the PAP regime in all the areas that support the regime but there are too many policies that harm the country in the long term and the people in both the short term and the long term.

Do you seriously expect the majority of Singaporeans to be able to survive on current wage and economic structures when housing reaches 30-50% higher than what it is today?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, our PAP government is too large. Not only does its economic activity hamper local entrepreneurship it also cultivates an environment where within the GLCs a climate of cronyism is created and perpetuated. It is a very poor way to manage an economy. It's good for the ruling party but bad for the country and the people. A lof of the GLCs should be privatised or cut down in size. Productivity and growth within and outside of Singapore can only be achieved by true entrepreneurs and not by government-linked employees. Government-linked employees are like the opposite of what an entrepreneur is.

Free-market is the backbone towards economic growth. Less government involvement except in legislation is what the economy needs. ALl needs to be done and done in a structures manner. Right now, our economy is tuned to support the PAP regime in all the areas that support the regime but there are too many policies that harm the country in the long term and the people in both the short term and the long term.

Do you seriously expect the majority of Singaporeans to be able to survive on current wage and economic structures when housing reaches 30-50% higher than what it is today?

Big government is bad but rapid privatisation is terrible. And privatisation isnt that great--remember Enron?

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember your CPF was to be returned to you when you turned 55? Remember that the HDB was to provide affordable housing?

Enron was a scam from the start. It has nothing to do with privatization. There is nothing inherently wrong with privatization. Do not confuse the means with the end-product. It's like saying I don
t want to live because by living, I am going to grow old and die.

Of course timing and which areas are privatised in sequence are crucial so as to allow for a smooth transition is imperative.