• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Malaysia, developer will sell property at 1 mil with rebates, say 20%. SPA price is 1mil, Loan based on this amt. You pay 800k. When u sell, say at 1mil, property gain zero. Hence no tax. Actual gain, 200k, ignoring legal fees, stamp duties. Eg KSL d esplanade, Setia sky88...... :-)
So smart. I'm going to demand COV if I sell.

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia allows investors to make profit after they sell. Singapore makes investors lose money when they buy.

Actually spore dun care whether you make money or lose money.. They just make sure that spore make money and boost the coffers! These way spore future is safe and secure....

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Malaysia, developer will sell property at 1 mil with rebates, say 20%. SPA price is 1mil, Loan based on this amt. You pay 800k. When u sell, say at 1mil, property gain zero. Hence no tax. Actual gain, 200k, ignoring legal fees, stamp duties. Eg KSL d esplanade, Setia sky88...... :-)

Oh no!! Lobang percha!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Rojak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini areas are not affected as its leasehold under special arrangement for 129 years (99 + 30)

Any idea if puteri harbour is treated special too? Like not affected by rm500k or later rm1mil? Trying to understand if the salesman was just blowing smoke in my face.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comparing SSD and RPGT

Example purchase price S$1m, selling Price S$1M
Yr 1 SSD = -veS$160,000 or your loss
Yr 2 SSD = -veS$120,000 "
Yr 3 SSD = -veS$80,000 "
Yr 4 SSD = -veS$40,000 "

Purchase price RM1M, selling Price RM1M
Yr 1 RPGT = RM0
Yr 2 RPGT = RM0
Yr 3 RPGT = RM0
Yr 4 RPGT = RM0

Purchase Price S$1M, Selling Price S$1.2M
Yr 1 SSD = S$192,000
Yr 2 SSD = S$144,000
Yr 3 SSD = S$96,000
Yr 4 SSD = S$40,000
After 5 yrs = S$0

Purchase Price RM1M, Selling Price RM1.2M
Yr 1 RPGT = RM60,000
Yr 2 RPGT = RM60,000
Yr 3 RPGT = RM60,000
Yr 4 RPGT = RM60,000
After 5 yrs and onwards = RM10,000

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
RPG = sale price - SPA price - ALL EXPENSES (reno, %paid in interest, agent fee, legal fee, stamp duty, MOT, etc)

just make sure you keep all the receipts, bank statements, documents and so on.

note there is also a 10,000RM exemption from the tax.

And those who wish to pass the house to child / kin can do so before you die, __I Believe__ u just GIFT it to them. It's a gift, no tax. Please check with your lawyers.

read more:

http://www.propertyking.com.my/real-property-gains-tax/

http://malaysiantaxation101.com/2013/01/real-property-gains-tax-101/

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore government uses Additional Buyer Stamp Duty and Seller Stamp Duty for cooling measures.

Malaysian government uses Real Property Gain Tax and min purchase of RM1M for foreigner.

WHICH IS BETTER?

FH. now become 1m FH. Wahaha...keepers win e race.

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea if puteri harbour is treated special too? Like not affected by rm500k or later rm1mil? Trying to understand if the salesman was just blowing smoke in my face.

I thought wuqi Reply is very clear. PH is not exempted like medini currently.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comparing SSD and RPGT

Example purchase price S$1m, selling Price S$1M
Yr 1 SSD = -veS$160,000 or your loss
Yr 2 SSD = -veS$120,000 "
Yr 3 SSD = -veS$80,000 "
Yr 4 SSD = -veS$40,000 "

Purchase price RM1M, selling Price RM1M
Yr 1 RPGT = RM0
Yr 2 RPGT = RM0
Yr 3 RPGT = RM0
Yr 4 RPGT = RM0

Purchase Price S$1M, Selling Price S$1.2M
Yr 1 SSD = S$192,000
Yr 2 SSD = S$144,000
Yr 3 SSD = S$96,000
Yr 4 SSD = S$40,000
After 5 yrs = S$0

Purchase Price RM1M, Selling Price RM1.2M
Yr 1 RPGT = RM60,000
Yr 2 RPGT = RM60,000
Yr 3 RPGT = RM60,000
Yr 4 RPGT = RM60,000
After 5 yrs and onwards = RM10,000

Good post! Ups for u! Must be an agent...

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locations with >1.0M become rich man's exclusive zones for foreigners.
Locations with <1.0M become mass market for poor Malaysians.

Poor man can only stand by and watch with envy.

Quite true, really rich local that i know sapu agri lands in tanjung kupang area. They dun bother come to play >1M ppty. Currently the only thing that worth investing is tj kupang area land that small player still can get in. Risky play, an acre or two spent u RM 1-2 M. Not expensive given its location but only worth a gem 10-20 yrs down the road. Foreigner can get in using company...but definitely this investment choice out of many forummers league.

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
'New property measures to drive away investors'

NEW property cooling measures, such as raising the ceiling price of properties for foreign buyers to RM1 million, will be a big blow to Johor's Iskandar Malaysia region, says RHB Research.

The research house views that the 30 per cent real property gains tax (RPGT) for foreigners, for disposals within the first five years, will wipe out short-term foreign speculators to a certain extent as the minimum five years' holding period will drive them away.

Given such a situation and potentially higher land holding costs, it is uncertain if the Johor government will go ahead with the proposed four to five per cent processing fee that will be imposed on foreigners, as the impact of the 30 per cent RPGT is already detrimental, RHB said.

"We see downside potential for valuations of some stocks, particularly those that are highly exposed to the Iskandar region and have high proportion of foreign buyers," it said in its latest research note.

RHB said developers with high exposure to the Iskandar region will be the most adversely affected as the area has gained significant traction among foreigners over the past one to two years, especially Singaporeans, due to the strong Singapore currency.

They include UEM Sunrise Bhd, Sunway Bhd, SP Setia Bhd, Mah Sing Group Bhd, IJM Land Bhd and Eastern & Oriental Bhd.

"Medini, in particular, which has no Bumiputera quota, will likely see a knee-jerk slowdown in property sales over the near term, as the market is now less lucrative compared with before.

"While there is still demand for some attractive projects compared to a simple buying decision previously, potential foreign buyers will now think twice before purchasing properties in Malaysia," RHB said.

According to CBRE, foreign purchasers accounted for 54 per cent of total high-rise residential sales (sales by developers) in Nusajaya, and 39 per cent in Johor Baru and major suburbs.

In Penang mainland, RHB still sees healthy growth as local property demand is largely driven by genuine buyers for occupancy purposes.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can pass on to your children, but they need to inherit it. You cant just transfer the property to them like that, while you are alive. As for withholding tax, I am not sure of the rules too but you don't need to be so on, as to TT it over to SG right? You can keep the interest in MY and subsequently withdraw out to convert in SG mah.

http://tunheang.com/2012/12/04/interest-from-fixed-deposit-taxable/

Please check with your lawyers. You cant make a will and leave it to non Malaysian heirs. My friend's father is in his 70s and wants to make a will leaving the house to her upon his death, she is a Singaporean. So is he but he bought it more than 20 years back before the minimum price ruling.The house is worth only 250K . They were told that she can't inherit it but can sell it upon his death. The only way she can hold on to the house is for him to give her Power of Attorney during his lifetime and she can continue managing it even after his death, living in it also. 3 lawyers they spoke to told them this although one unscrupulous lawyer suggested 'bribing' someone to get consent but it sounds very dangerous as its clearly against the law and she may end up losing the property altogether.
Anyway, those of you in these positions, wanting to leave the property to your heirs, I suggest you check with reliable sources.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure about this, but probably can use company to overcome it? Get a empty shell company (ready available company name can get for few 1-2K ringgit), get some trusted malaysian, transfer the ppty to the company that initial big owner is trusted malaysian. Then transfer malaysian share (buy over) to your singaporean children. Then caveat the ppty if u scare your children might sell it off suka suka.

This is worth exploring, I think its a 'lobang' , a way for foreigners to hold on to these. perhaps you can leave the company to your heirs as well, a way fo leaving the property. I suggest checking with lawyers or the land office for reliable info .