• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can minus off all the cost as well. Lawyers' fee maintenance stamp duties ....... so the final rpgt is lower.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
really? insider source or official? din hear anything lei.

I read this from an article somewhere, maybe from PropertyGuru. Gimme sometime to dig that out. :smile:

It cannot be canned unilaterally by MY. SG has not officially said anything. Likely to be in e midst of discussions.

It's not the RTS from Tg Puteri (in JB) to Woodlands. I was referring to the "proposed" MRT network within Johor.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spore ABSD and SSD are applied only on properties that are bought on and after the implementation date i.e properties that are bought earlier than the implementation date are not affected by SSD when selling. So no impact on prior purchases. As for new purchases, investors have a choice before buying whether to proceed base on the ABSD/SSD rate and holding duration.

Msia RPGT and Rm1m for foreigner rule are applied on all properties whether bought before or after the implementation date. There is impact on prior purchases and investors who have bought earlier have no choice but to accept.

Spore method is thus better for investors who have a choice before buying whether to proceed and after buying they have the peace of mind that prior purchases are not affected.

Absolutely agree with ginfreely that the implementation date for RPGT is unfair to investors whom had bought earlier with the knowledge at that point in time. The RPGT could had been implemented the same way as Singapore, i.e effective from the next day after it was announced.

As for my examples, it was meant to be a simple comparison for those who are planning to purchase now.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read this from an article somewhere, maybe from PropertyGuru. Gimme sometime to dig that out. :smile:

It's not the RTS from Tg Puteri (in JB) to Woodlands. I was referring to the "proposed" MRT network within Johor.

MRT network within JB shd have been canned. Malaysia is in big debt.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
KL a prime new-build market for China investors
Published: 2013/10/30

KUALA LUMPUR: Kuala Lumpur has been listed as one of the favourite prime new-build markets for property and real-estate investors from China, according to a report compiled by Knight Frank.

Its global head of residential research Liam Bailey said the Chinese are the most influential buyers in the world's prime new-build sector.

"Chinese are the top purchasers of new-build residential properties in Sydney and Hong Kong and are active buyers in both Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok's prime new-build markets," Bailey said yesterday.

Liam said Chinese buyers' global presence is fuelled in part by the strong yuan and a slowing domestic economy, both encouraging them to look further afield in an attempt to diversify investments.

He said the next most influential buyers are from Singapore and Russia, followed by the United Kingdom and the United States.

"Given the recent growth in wealth creation in Asia over the last few years, it is, perhaps, no surprise that buyers from this region feature strongly among our list of top global new-build purchasers," he said.

"There is no doubt that recent residential market cooling measures in Asia have acted as a spur for many investors from that region to look further afield," he added.

Knight Frank also named key nationalities that will increase investments in new-build residential properties over the next 12 months, who include investors from China, Russia and the US.

"Given the popularity of prime real estate as an investment in the years following the financial crisis, we expect a portion of this growing wealth will continue to be assigned to new-build properties in key locations around the world," Bailey said.

The report, which is issued quarterly, includes data on the luxury new-build home sector from Knight Frank's global network for the year to end-July 2013.

Read more: KL a prime new-build market for China investors http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/KNIGHT/Article/index_html#ixzz2jAAZLs8K

J

JeanGrey

You have so many 'brothers', they will never stop lah....please share with your forumer brothers as well. Maybe can also indicate price range , I think many are keen at 'just above 500K'.

here we go again! the best ending anyone can hope for.

what do i think of Iskandar?

[video=youtube;YVkUvmDQ3HY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY[/video]

guess who's back?

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal

My gut feeling tells me that, after we have the intention to extend the Joo Koon station for another 3 to 4 stations...there was be some kind of agreemnent....so this Mrt will go to Medini...imo

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for sharing the link.
May I copy and paste here for easy reference, and further discussion:
Note: Pls consult yr lawyer for confirmation. Not sure if there is any changes after the latest budget announcement.

I am going to City Sq to meet a top JB lawyer for company matters. Will take the opportunity to ask him then, FOC. Haha....

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh TQ so very much!

Btw, it seems the foreign property investors in JB are quite 'cool' to the new announcement. How come har? Very few small fly like me, I guess all must be super rich investing in high-end properties, so not affected at all! Or issit angry until cannot talk? Hahaha! Lucky didn't commit another unit at HH although left a cheque with them to show interest, they no hue me, so didn't call me at all. Wondering whether must take back the cheque from them; it was issued to their lawyer name something like Omar something....for RM30K, but w/o the date.

I am going to City Sq to meet a top JB lawyer for company matters. Will take the opportunity to ask him then, FOC. Haha....

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh TQ so very much!

Btw, it seems the foreign property investors in JB are quite 'cool' to the new announcement. How come har? Very few small fly like me, I guess all must be super rich investing in high-end properties, so not affected at all! Or issit angry until cannot talk? Hahaha! Lucky didn't commit another unit at HH although left a cheque with them to show interest, they no hue me, so didn't call me at all. Wondering whether must take back the cheque from them; it was issued to their lawyer name something like Omar something....for RM30K, but w/o the date.

It is not surpise wat , everybody have been talking about the 1M level for quite sometime already . Even the locals are buying houses above 600K for mass market housing , so how can the foreigner limits remain at 500K ? As for the tax part , if you hold for more than 5yrs , 5% gain tax is quite a reasonable amount to pay wat .

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the forummers are cool cos they bought properties that are more than 1m... unlike me who bought a under 1m. so since it doesn't affect them, they dun have anything to say.

as for me, I am hot! this 1m MYR requirement is appraised by the state. so even if someone is willing to pay 1m for my apartment but if the state govt doesn't value it as such, I cant sell it to a foreigner. and this is the sickening thing. market value is not equal to state appraised value. this is screwed up IMO.

But oh well. I already knew the MY govt changes their policy every so often so it was a lucky thing it is only a small investment. anyway my problem is 3 years down the road so I will worry abt it later. meanwhile, there are more mei meis waiting for me. :smile:

Oh TQ so very much!

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
as for me, I am hot! this 1m MYR requirement is appraised by the state. so even if someone is willing to pay 1m for my apartment but if the state govt doesn't value it as such, I cant sell it to a foreigner. and this is the sickening thing. market value is not equal to state appraised value. this is screwed up IMO.

I have a rare reversed case. The bank valuation is $100 to 150k from 2 different banks below what the State valued. Is there a back door approach?

I am waiting to see what the 3rd bank valuation is like.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a rare reversed case. The bank valuation is $100 to 150k from 2 different banks below what the State valued. Is there a back door approach?

Why must there be bank valuation and state valuation and why they differ? Both employ professional valuers, right?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

how do you find out what is the state valuation?

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Use OCBC or Standard Chartered. These 2 will give you the full asking value.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My turn to weigh in on all these new rules.

this new 1m requirement is silly. developers are just gonna build big apartments. unless mandated by the law or the govt to build units under 1m, if I am a developer, I will only build units valued at more than 1m. it's a no brainer. I dun see how this benefits poor Malaysians. The poor ones will still hafta stay far far from the city. (I actually wrote a long paragraph explaining how this policy benefits nobody. but it was just too long so I will just leave it as such.)

this GST implementation and subsidies cut will increase inflation. if it was up to me, GST would be implemented in 2 or 3 stages (3%, 5% then 7%). this will slow down inflation somewhat. so the cost of everything will go up. while in theory, the material costs of construction will not increase (cos GST costs can be recovered), the truth is overall costs will increase. Construction labour will demand higher pay due to higher costs of living. So for those who own 1m properties, it is good for you. for those under 1m, its hard to tell. it all depends on the state valuer.

There are better ways to do things. but they will hafta hire the Chinese to do the thinking for them. and that is not gonna happen anytime soon. stupid ppl dunno they are stupid.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, wait a minute.. I am abit confused.
This bank valuation and state appraisal thing, is it done at time of buying ( buyer pay, for purpose of borrow loan) or is it done at time of selling (seller pay so that he knows he is not overpaying, and also for loan application).

Most of the forummers are cool cos they bought properties that are more than 1m... unlike me who bought a under 1m. so since it doesn't affect them, they dun have anything to say.

But oh well. I already knew the MY govt changes their policy every so often so it was a lucky thing it is only a small investment. anyway my problem is 3 years down the road so I will worry abt it later. meanwhile, there are more mei meis waiting for me. :smile:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, wait a minute.. I am abit confused.
This bank valuation and state appraisal thing, is it done at time of buying ( buyer pay, for purpose of borrow loan) or is it done at time of selling (seller pay so that he knows he is not overpaying, and also for loan application).

I believe it is done when you apply for State Consent.