• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the fee to take HSR will not be cheap especially for short distance.

Easily double the bus fare. More practical if you need to travel to KL from Spore.

True. HSR stations should be situated where it is most convenient for the potential KL-Singapore passengers and not stop at too many stations as to make it low speed.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. HSR stations should be situated where it is most convenient for the potential KL-Singapore passengers and not stop at too many stations as to make it low speed.

In order to justify the investment, the HSR link cannot benefit just 2 cities, particularly if they are already linked very well by Air. This kind of investment has to benefit an entire region, multiple town and cities.

For comparison, the Beijing - Shanghai HSR covers 1300 km and has 24 stops. Tokyo-Osaka Shinkansen is 540 km and has varying pattern of stoppages, minimum 5. That way 5 stops covering 350 odd km for Singapore-KL is fair enough.

The 90 minutes travel time already includes the 5 stops. They are also considering a 55 minute non stop express service, in addition to the 5 stop service.

Last edited:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering... if the HSR will not stop at Kempas Baru and if the MRT does not stop at Kempas Baru, and I know the airport isn't there, neither is it near a river or sea, it doesn't seem very much like a intergrated transport hub to me. does Kempas Baru seem like a intergrated transport hub to you guys?

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
In order to justify the investment, the HSR link cannot benefit just 2 cities, particularly if they are already linked very well by Air. This kind of investment has to benefit an entire region, multiple town and cities.

For comparison, the Beijing - Shanghai HSR covers 1300 km and has 24 stops. Tokyo-Osaka Shinkansen is 540 km and has varying pattern of stoppages, minimum 5. That way 5 stops covering 350 odd km for Singapore-KL is fair enough.

The 90 minutes travel time already includes the 5 stops. They are also considering a 55 minute non stop express service, in addition to the 5 stop service.

I see your point. Hard to guess which way the governments are going. We have heard plans for RTS, third road link on top of HSR for Singapore-KL connectivity. There is also a MRT plan for IM. Ideally and quite possibly in medium and long term future, most of these plans would materialize. With all these links, i believe the authorities can better optimize traffic flows btw Singapore, JB and northwards to KL.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see your point. Hard to guess which way the governments are going. We have heard plans for RTS, third road link on top of HSR for Singapore-KL connectivity. There is also a MRT plan for IM. Ideally and quite possibly in medium and long term future, most of these plans would materialize. With all these links, i believe the authorities can better optimize traffic flows btw Singapore, JB and northwards to KL.

Understand. I know it is all very confusing. Ideally, I would like these plans materialise as well. However, the pessimist in me sometimes sees that they may bite more than what they can swallow. When I chat with some of the developers, particularly UEM and LF, I get the indication that construction resources, particularly manpower, are becoming harder to come by.

All this is good news - HSR, RTS, MRT. However, I am not willing to bet on these unless I see some construction activity. Don't get me wrong, I not trying to start another unnecessary Zone A vs Zone B warfare. We have seen enough of those useless, non value adding discussions. I hope they all materialise as they are mutually inclusive and will benefit everyone, regardless of the 'Zone' you are vested in.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand. I know it is all very confusing. Ideally, I would like these plans materialise as well. However, the pessimist in me sometimes sees that they may bite more than what they can swallow. When I chat with some of the developers, particularly UEM and LF, I get the indication that construction resources, particularly manpower, are becoming harder to come by.

All this is good news - HSR, RTS, MRT. However, I am not willing to bet on these unless I see some construction activity. Don't get me wrong, I not trying to start another unnecessary Zone A vs Zone B warfare. We have seen enough of those useless, non value adding discussions. I hope they all materialise as they are mutually inclusive and will benefit everyone, regardless of the 'Zone' you are vested in.

Agree. Layman like us could have only limited say.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Layman like us could have only limited say.

Btw, here is where I read about the possibility of a non stop 55 minute service as well as a 80 to 90 minute service including stops. The article talks about possible maglev technology as well, and it's benefits, such as less noise and vibration if passing through urban areas at lower speeds.

http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/500kph-maglev-trains-proposed-1.222813

Again, as I mentioned earlier, these are just possibilities, to be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, here is where I read about the possibility of a non stop 55 minute service as well as a 80 to 90 minute service including stops. The article talks about possible maglev technology as well, and it's benefits, such as less noise and vibration if passing through urban areas at lower speeds.

http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/500kph-maglev-trains-proposed-1.222813

Again, as I mentioned earlier, these are just possibilities, to be taken with a grain of salt.

Noted and thanks! Your mastery of the relevant useful information certainly rocks.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you want to wait for the Robins, the spring will be over. Wayne Gretzky’s advice: “I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.”

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to wait for the Robins, the spring will be over. Wayne Gretzky’s advice: “I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.”

As far investing in Iskandar goes, I have already slammed the puck in the goal several times over, for the last 2 years, in areas where you are NOW looking for cheap, underpriced property.

Any way to get LF property cheaper? Pls share your ideas.

Unfortunately, there ain't any pucks left where you are trying to skate to. Spring is over.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My point exactly.

Talking about NOW.
Price of RM900 to RM1300.

Buyers must be selective.

If you talk about 2007-8 , you can buy anything in JB, KL and Penang and you will make a killing.

My concern is at current price, where should investors buy?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As far investing in Iskandar goes, I have already slammed the puck in the goal several times over, for the last 2 years, in areas where you are NOW looking for cheap, underpriced property.

Unfortunately, there ain't any pucks left where you are trying to skate to. Spring is over.

Congratulation on your success in the past purchase.

At current price level, where will you buy?

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
My point exactly.

Talking about NOW.
Price of RM900 to RM1300.

Buyers must be selective.

If you talk about 2007-8 , you can buy anything in JB, KL and Penang and you will make a killing.

My concern is at current price, where should investors buy?
If for investment with 4 years horizon, my bet is for KL property in selective areas(rentable, smaller units preferred). If you notice KLCC secondary market prices does not really increase from 2007 due to current oversupply and overpriced in 2007(moderating now). You can get cashflow positive property if you search hard enough and then wait. Some of newer ones goes from 700+ psf.

Landed property is also good for the long run. But this one, you need the local knowledge and need to be highly selective. Looks for areas near easy highways. To rent at a higher yield, you will need to rent by rooms.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I look at the price of LF , I did not buy either. I am searching for other good opportunity to deploy.

ucl777

anytime could be the best to buy.all depends on opportunities available & luck.as long as you are on the loo out,you may spot some gems.klcc property represents fair value now.as for iskandar scene,there may b desperate sale for high geared owners.who knows?make sure you are quick to act whne such opportunity knows on your door.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
If for investment with 4 years horizon, my bet is for KL property in selective areas(rentable, smaller units preferred). If you notice KLCC secondary market prices does not really increase from 2007 due to current oversupply and overpriced in 2007(moderating now). You can get cashflow positive property if you search hard enough and then wait. Some of newer ones goes from 700+ psf.

Landed property is also good for the long run. But this one, you need the local knowledge and need to be highly selective. Looks for areas near easy highways. To rent at a higher yield, you will need to rent by rooms.

Kuala Lumpur Properties for Sale - Good Rental Yields, Great Locations

With Upcoming High Speed Rail Between Singapore & Kuala Lumpur, Future Potential is Strong but Invest Wisely

Last week, PM Lee of Singapore and PM Najib of Malaysia announced that both countries would be looking to build a High Speed Rail (HSR) between Singapore and Malaysia that would connect both cities within 90 minutes.

What this means is that by 2020, both Singapore and Kuala Lumpur will benefit by having greater population flow between both cities and this is especially beneficial for Real Estate as there will be more talent/ workforce/ tourists/ businesses travelling between both cities and the need for property will be greater than ever like how we see in Hong Kong and China today.

So should you invest into Kuala Lumpur today? The answer is YES but with the HSR only completed by 2020, you have to invest wisely into prime locations with good rental yield to give you holding power for your properties.

High Speed Rail Singapore - Kuala Lumpur by 2020

Here we have a selection of Studio and 1 Bedroom Apartments in Kuala Lumpur for sale that are completed (already TOP) and tenanted. Small units have an easier time to attract tenants especially for Asian expatriates working in the city center and time taken to find tenants is usually within 3-4 weeks.

Berjaya Times Square
Located in the heart of Bukit Bintang, this 550sqft 1 bedroom unit is a high floor unit with view of KL city and is currently tenanted to a corporate at RM2,500 pm on a long term lease. With its prime location where the future Bukit Bintang MRT is only 200m away, this unit is asking for RM650,000 or a 4.6% yield.

Maytower Serviced Residences
Operated in part by Dorsett Hotels, Maytower is located between Masjid India and Bukit Nanas, at the outskirts of KLCC. Surrounded by several LRT and Monorail stations, access is superb. Multiple units available tenanted to corporates and professionals working in the city center. Yield ranges between 5.0%-5.5% at asking prices of RM350,000 - RM380,000. Unit sizes range from 351-439sqft.

Holiday Villa Megan Ambassy
Located on Jalan Ampang in Embassy Row, this property is surrounded by various embassies that provides the tenant pool. A one bedroom unit at 463sqft, it is tenanted at RM1,600pm and asking for RM380,000 or a 5% yield. Capitaland has a project next door completing next year and several other projects nearby asking at much higher prices, this property is a steal.

Axis SOHU Ampang
This is a loft unit with a bedroom upstairs and total size between 530-560 sqft. Several units available tenanted at RM1,600pm or 5.8% yield at the asking price of RM350,000. Located next to Pandan Indah LRT (2 mins walk), it is also the speculated location of an MRT station along the Circle Line. Ambitious owners can extend the loft to increase the unit's livable space and command higher rents. Definitely much potential here