• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like I have just say.
Not staying there.
Just waiting for a greater fool to buy from me.

As I have just said who will buy when the nice ppty is among rundown neighborhood with thieves n robbers running around ? And u think buyers are fools ? At least zone B is liveable if cannot sell.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As I have just said who will buy when the nice ppty is among rundown neighborhood with thieves n robbers running around ? And u think buyers are fools ? At least zone B is liveable if cannot sell.

I already congratulate you on buying Zone B.

You want me to throw in free gift?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My point is for those whom have not buy anything in Iskandar.

Those whom have bought may or may not book a profit due to developers endless launch. (try doing that in Gurney Drive, KLCC and JB Sentral)

JB is crime infested because that robbers also know Location Location Location.

Can you imagine robbers travelling 40 min to Zone B to rob someone. If I am his leader I will kill him for his stupidity.

Zone A is where the money is. 11 banks currently. Name JB sentral for a reason. Place where CBD, Sultan Palace, major location for shopping center and transportation.

Just remember one thing...... can you live in where you bought for 3-6 months without leaving. I cannot do that in anywhere in Zone B to D. I can do that in zone A for at least 2 years. But like what i say. I never intend to stay in JB at all.

I am here just for the money. Because I am a blood sucking investor.

PS: My point is not on landed properties. all landed properties in JB will appreciate when the bull run continue.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Afiniti at Medini by Somerset

This picture is beautiful for people whom love space and emptiness.

As an investor; it is an ugly picture of endless land.

Ask any other season investors whom own more than 5 properies before to choose from the 2 pictures to invest. I wonder which one will they pick?

Please remember we are not talking about JB vs KL. We are talking about 2 spot in Johor.

View attachment 9417

View attachment 9418

Cool sai..! Picture tells a thousand words..emmm....

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whether vested or not, everyone has their opinions backed with certain facts. Regardless, I still look forward to seeing the transformed skylines of Puteri Harbour, Danga Bay and JB central in 2016 onwards...

Apparently the Klang Valley folks with plenty of fire power are starting to take note of Iskandar, hence expect stiffer competition from here onwards for Iskandar properties...

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kudos for those who has invested in Nusajaya!

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/2/25/business/12742994&sec=business

Nusajaya earmarked for for S'Pore-M'sia high-speed rail station

JOHOR BARU: Nusajaya in Iskandar Malaysia has been earmarked as one of the three stop stations in Johor for the proposed high-speed rail (HSR) linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

Iskandar Regional Development Authority chief executive officer Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said as a green-field area, Nusajaya would definitely be a better choice for the stop station.

Ismail said several issues had to be looked into in the development of the HSR, including land acquisition and the relocation of residents affected by the project.

“The type of users of the service will be what finally determines the terminals or the stop stations for the system from KL to Singapore,'' he told StarBiz.

On Wednesday, Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha said five towns in the country had been earmarked as “stop stations” in the initial plan for the HSR; Seremban, Ayer Keroh, Muar, Batu Pahat and Iskandar Malaysia.

Malaysia and Singapore had on Tuesday jointly announced their agreement to build the HSR between the republic and Kuala Lumpur, expected to be completed by 2020.

The proposed project will cut travel time between the two capitals to just 90 minutes from the five hours of driving and seven hours by rail at present.

“Nusajaya, spanning 9,712.45 ha, is a good location for the stop station as opposed to the existing JB Sentral KTM station here which is facing space constraints,'' said Ismail.

He said the Nusajaya terminal would be connected to Kempas Baru, which had been designated as an integrated public transportation hub for Iskandar Malaysia.

Ismail said it would have all modes of transportation connecting to different flagship development zones in Iskandar Malaysia, with taxis, rapid bus transits and intra-city commuter train services for commuters.

On the Malaysia-Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS) link, he said both countries did not have to wait for the one-year cycle to make a decision on the project.

“We are giving ourselves ample time on the project. If both governments find the study is good, then it can start anytime,'' Ismail said, adding that there would be two options for the RTS project linking Johor Baru and Singapore for the trains to either run above ground (grate) or via undersea tunnel.

He said the first option could be a causeway (a land bridge), while the second option could either be a low bridge or a high bridge.

A low bridge is anything below 15 metres in height, which is impassable by boats, while a high bridge is more than 35 metres or equivalent to a seven-storey building that would allow a liner to pass through.

Ismail said if the undersea tunnel were chosen for the project, then there would also be a choice of it being either a sunken tunnel or a bore tunnel.

He said the undersea tunnel was a more favourable option as it would cause minimal disruption to traffic movements during the construction period, as the project would be located nearby the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complexes of Malaysia and Singapore.

“However, the final outcome on the type of link to be built will all depend on the recommendations of the study for the two governments involved as well as costing,' he elaborated.

Ismail said it did not matter what the final choice was, but the main objective of the RTS was to improve connectivity and accessibility between Johor Baru and Singapore.

The terminating stations of the link would be at the former site of the Tanjung Puteri Lorry Custom Complex here and in the vicinity of the Republic Polytechnic in Singapore.

The RTS link is targeted to be up and operating by 2018 and have a co-located (CIQ) facility in Singapore and a co-located CIQ facility here so that commuters need to clear immigration only once for each way of travel.

The Johor Causeway, which is about 1.06 km long, was completed in 1932 and links Johor Baru to Woodlands on the other side of the Straits of Johor.

About 80,000 to 100,000 vehicles use it daily.

Johor and Singapore are also connected via the Second Link, a dual three-lane carriageway linking Tanjung Kupang to Tuas in Singapore. The bridge is about 1.9 km long.

Matahari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the same line of thinking could be applicable between Zone A and Woodlands. Will there be a hollowing out effect and levelling out effect from expensive accommodation to cheaper ones?

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the fee to take HSR will not be cheap especially for short distance.

Easily double the bus fare. More practical if you need to travel to KL from Spore.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today, most people in Johor like to work in Spore due to high wages./ex factor.

Unless these gaps close up, it is difficult to find good workers esp white collar to work in Zone B/C/D for those to be come MNCs/SME.

You can have the infrastructures/office/factory but talent pool is not something can be easily build up. You need a fair society to do that. Currently, there is preference rights for Bumi in terms of business/education/property.

My company supplies tools to a lot of business to JB, these is the feedback given I gathered so far.

Talent Pool is a problem. If all hires expatriates, then it will be very costly.

Not all is rosy so far.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps it can be considered as hospitality property since buyers only gets 10 free stay per year on their own property? The price is high at 728K (min) for built up area of 866 sqft. But what is behind Mr Ho's philosophy in not buying properties for himself. I don't quite get that.

I dun know why either. But those guarantees rental schemes need to be careful. In a way, it is not guarantee if you read the term & conditions carefully. There is a lot things you need to consider .eg financial standing of developers, occupancy rates and fees, competitive advantage of that apartment , etc. If the returns is so good, it will had already attracted a lot of investors, no need such heavy marketing.

My qn is If it is so good, why it can't sell all in KL, need to come to Spore? Always dig deeper.

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the fee to take HSR will not be cheap especially for short distance.

Easily double the bus fare. More practical if you need to travel to KL from Spore.

Nusajaya already has alot of attractive places.. if they going to built the High Speed Train station in Nusajaya, thats will further attract commercial development in the surrounding areas

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusajaya already has alot of attractive places.. if they going to built the High Speed Train station in Nusajaya, thats will further attract commercial development in the surrounding areas

You have hit the nail on the head. Commercial developments are already there and they will be coming in full force very soon.

Take a look at the headline news on Yahoo today:

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/southeast-asian-margin-squeeze-snags-003229347.html

And BTW, as far as short distance commute goes, transit companies always offer monthly deals to daily commuters. That's a norm. Also, the big value add is not just commute to Singapore, but easy access to KLIA, besides Changi being not too far. Just think how attractive would it be to access KLIA within 2 hours. You have access to a world class airport, possibly cheaper fares, access to a growing network of one of the top low cost carriers, Air Asia.