• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Ginfreely, thank you.

I was really very very lucky. I took my time(few months) to get my house done up with basics and a little extra which other landlords don't do :wink:

1st Oct - Messaged an agent I know and informed him that my unit is ready to rent out.
7th Oct - He replied saying that he has found a potential tenant.
9th Oct - They viewed my unit and another 4 units in both EL and HH. Mine is the highest price :biggrin:
10th Oct - Agent replied saying that they chose my unit and want a second viewing.
11th Oct - Second viewing and confirmed my unit at a slight discount from my asking price.

Took me just 11 days and tenanted to 1st viewer of my house. My neighbor who was asking for around the same price as mine advertised for a few months before getting his tenant in the same week I did.

Wow 11 days to rent out is really fast.

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Johor terminal for Singapore-Malaysia express buses
New Johor terminal for Singapore-Malaysia express buses ready by year end

The new terminal, GP Sentral, situated along Jalan Gelang Patah-Kampong Ulu Choh, on the outskirts of Gelang Patah in Johor, is slated to open by the end of the year. (Photo: Alfred Chua)

The possibility of a centralised bus terminal here for Singapore-Malaysia express bus services is looking slim, even though some progress has been made across the Causeway.

Express Bus Agencies Association (EBAA), which represents 30 companies, told TODAY that a new centralised bus terminal, which it has invested in, is near completion at Gelang Patah in Johor.

The new terminal, GP Sentral, situated along Jalan Gelang Patah-Kampong Ulu Choh, on the outskirts of Gelang Patah, is slated to open by the end of the year. There is no traction yet for such a terminal in Singapore.

Replying to a question by Nominated Member of Parliament Teo Siong Seng in Parliament last week, Parliamentary Secretary (Transport) Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim said that projected demand for inter-city bus services "did not merit the provision of a centralised inter-city bus terminal".

Associate Professor Faishal said there was "little indication of growth in inter-city travel". "In fact, the number of inter-city bus licences this year has declined by 9 per cent," he noted.

"The existing approach where bus operators ride on existing infrastructure at various premises for their passenger boarding and alighting operations remains adequate to support the projected growth in demand."

He added that the Land Transport Authority will "continue to monitor the demand for inter-city bus services and, if necessary, review the need for a centralised bus terminal".

To the EBAA's Terminal Services Sub-Committee Chairman Sebastian Yap, it was disappointing that the authorities have not yet given the green light for such a project. His association had "waited quite a while for an official reply" on the issue, he said.

In 2004, the Urban Redevelopment Authority rejected a proposal to convert Turf City into a bus terminal. The Government then offered a plot of land near Turf Club in Kranji, but both sides were unable to agree on key points, like the terminal location.

In 2007, the association identified a site at Seah Im Road, off Telok Blangah Road, while shortlisting other possible locations at Victoria Street, Outram Park and Jurong East. The plans, however, failed to get off the ground. This led the EBAA to decide, in 2010, to invest in a new bus terminal in Johor.

The main terminal, which will have 15 bus bays, and a neighbouring petrol kiosk have been built. Nearby facilities will include eateries and retail shops, while the terminal will have a food court, money changers and a centralised ticketing counter, said the EBAA.

Mr Yap, who is also Executive Director at Transtar Travel, declined to comment on the costs involved.

The EBAA had envisioned the terminal to "be the first and the last stop for Singapore-Malaysia bus services".

In addition, the terminal will "cater to the Johor-Singapore market", taking passengers from the Malaysian state to various points in Singapore, a route now served by buses plying the Causeway, not the Second Link.

Mr Yap said this can help promote people taking day-trips into Singapore.

~News courtesy of Channel Newsasia~
Posted by PJ at 00:50 No comments:
Labels: Cross border, Express bus, Gelang Patah, Iskandar Malaysia, Johor, News, Singapore, Transportation

babystarlet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine was Maybank. CIMB asked for it for never used it cos I didn't give them the password.

I applied cbs report in may when i ask for loans from cimb.
This mth, i ask cimb to reasses the loan. he asked for a new cbs report.
He says my old one expired. Then i say i just do the cbs report in may and it expired? Not as if i did for yrs.
I wasted $12

Ted1108

Alfrescian
Loyal
I applied cbs report in may when i ask for loans from cimb.
This mth, i ask cimb to reasses the loan. he asked for a new cbs report.
He says my old one expired. Then i say i just do the cbs report in may and it expired? Not as if i did for yrs.
I wasted $12

I also applied CBS report as requested by Bank, cost me $6.42, including GST. Hmmmmm!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow 11 days to rent out is really fast.

I'm just lucky this round :biggrin: Quite many Semi-Ds advertising between RM8k to RM15K(One odd unit stating RM6.5k is actually a terrace instead of a Semi-D, I've called the agent). Check out the many advertisements http://thinkproperty.com.my/realestate/property-listings/rent/search/?cb_ownerlist=0&max_price=0&max_rent=0&min_price=0&min_rent=0&posted_within=0&prop_type=B&refine_search=Search&search_text=east%20ledang&sort_by=DESCUPDATE

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm just lucky this round :biggrin: Quite many Semi-Ds advertising between RM8k to RM15K(One odd unit stating RM6.5k is actually a terrace instead of a Semi-D, I've called the agent). Check out the many advertisements http://thinkproperty.com.my/realestate/property-listings/rent/search/?cb_ownerlist=0&max_price=0&max_rent=0&min_price=0&min_rent=0&posted_within=0&prop_type=B&refine_search=Search&search_text=east%20ledang&sort_by=DESCUPDATE

Oh Rm8k to 15k, so your Rm11k rental is not bad, how much you spent to do up the unit?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh Rm8k to 15k, so your Rm11k rental is not bad, how much you spent to do up the unit?

Developer gave us RM30k Signature Kitchen voucher and 7 aircons for whole house so our units already have those. Extras I paid add up to roughly around RM50k and they are lights, fans, storage heater, curtains, garden, glass shower screens and standalone wardrobes.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Developer gave us RM30k Signature Kitchen voucher and 7 aircons for whole house so our units already have those. Extras I paid add up to roughly around RM50k and they are lights, fans, storage heater, curtains, garden, glass shower screens and standalone wardrobes.

Bro, based on your total capital outlay, you have secured a very good investment returns with minimum fuss. Congratulation.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the data that I got, from Oct 2012 to this year mar. Extract out the east ledang part in the resale market. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmkvLrqFMfhydGFWdy1OZ1FMbW5TT1IyYXpWYURoZ3c&usp=sharing
For protecting buyer identity, under the 'Nama Penerima Pindahmilik' I already censored their name, just left surname for chinese, while blank will be malay or foreigner. Looking to the latest EL asking price posted online... I cant put a judgement now, need to wait until I go and get latest data.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, based on your total capital outlay, you have secured a very good investment returns with minimum fuss. Congratulation.

Thanks bro, it pays to fork out a little up front to do up a bit first. Make the place look nice, smell nice and livable before letting your potential customers view it. My unit is not the cheapest but this family chose my unit over the cheaper ones.

Some owners who are trying to rent out their units didn't even get the defects rectified. They let potential tenants view their unit in lousy state. One of my neighbour rented out at 8k and he is having his unit fixed up with those basics now. End of the day, you still have to partly furnish your unit for the tenant. Might as well do it first and make your unit stand out from others and ask for a slightly higher price :wink:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro, it pays to fork out a little up front to do up a bit first. Make the place look nice, smell nice and livable before letting your potential customers view it. My unit is not the cheapest but this family chose my unit over the cheaper ones.

Some owners who are trying to rent out their units didn't even get the defects rectified. They let potential tenants view their unit in lousy state. One of my neighbour rented out at 8k and he is having his unit fixed up with those basics now. End of the day, you still have to partly furnish your unit for the tenant. Might as well do it first and make your unit stand out from others and ask for a slightly higher price :wink:

In the US this is called staging.
Dressing up your house to increase rentability

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In the US this is called staging.
Dressing up your house to increase rentability

Pay day :biggrin:

1463653_10151850439829667_525725951_n.jpg

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Happy feeling for you upon receiving cheque!
Daily blessings - RM366.00 x30 days = RM11,000 = est. S$4,313! Bagus!
If in Sg, based on S$1.75mil condo x 3% rental yield = S$4,375 pm.
Btw, how long is yr tenancy contract?

Thanks Kawan, it's a corporate lease for 24 + 12 months(option to renew).
HR personnel told me that they will most likely renew the extra 12 months, so it's 36 months in total.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are yr money God, treat them well!

If they make reasonable requests (like a bigger fridge), during the tenancy term, just give it to them. Believe me, the money is well spent!
In other words, make them happy, and you will be happy too!

Thanks Kawan, it's a corporate lease for 24 + 12 months(option to renew).
HR personnel told me that they will most likely renew the extra 12 months, so it's 36 months in total.