• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All of that I ady know, legoland->tourism; welness, hospital, condo->retireers. Educity->student, cant expect to rent them ur condo for high yield plus ady have their hostel. Pinewood, still cant say for sure how big the impact will b hopefully can b hollywood of SEA. Banking? UAE sheikh still 1001 nights not coming back. Medini positioning is right, elderly, student and tourists can make up the population there. Talking about vibrant still too early. If it is my first play in iskandar I will buy into it for own use. Investment I will on hold first. But then I am local johorean, got much lubang to squeeze with much higher real visible return with the connection I had...again I think is my problem la as it is my home ground, looking medini n the timing of how long it will take to turn to what u guys hope...I will rather get back later. Mayb when my commitment with other buying group at tj kupang area lesser bit only I will consider medini. Being a cool patient local then kiasu singaporean.

So you are not considered as kiasu yourself when you try to be earlier than others by buying Tg Kupang? I just heard a pot calling the kettle black(if you truly understand the meaning, you'll reflect upon yourself. If not, it just proved that your IQ is kinda low).

Saying that Medini will progress doesn't mean saying that one will make the most profit there because room for profit depends on entry price. I do agree that Tg Kupang will yield higher profit if the price is good. I've even surveyed that area right up to the end of the road at Pendas Jetty. I also agree to buy in Medini for own use, chances are high that we'll not be able to get today's prices 3 years later to stay right beside Mall of Medini. You can invest in whatever you think is better, don't call people names and call yourself a cool local, readers will puke!

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What most people don't know is that there is rental demand(not very high demand but there is demand) for high end properties in Johor but there are not many choices(supply) now. When someone is looking for a high-end landed property in Nusajaya to rent now, their choices are(in most cases) limited to HH, EL, LF and LH(these are the few which are presently available).

What many people don't know is that the rent that such tenants are willing to pay presently is really high. 3 of my neighbours just rented out their semi-dees in EL for RM11,XXX each(all 3 are almost bare, partly furnished units). Another one rented out for RM8,000(also partly furnished. Well, you can't stop landlords from asking a low price as long as they are happy about it). All 4 units were rented out within the same week.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
All of that I ady know, legoland->tourism; welness, hospital, condo->retireers. Educity->student, cant expect to rent them ur condo for high yield plus ady have their hostel. Pinewood, still cant say for sure how big the impact will b hopefully can b hollywood of SEA. Banking? UAE sheikh still 1001 nights not coming back. Medini positioning is right, elderly, student and tourists can make up the population there. Talking about vibrant still too early. If it is my first play in iskandar I will buy into it for own use. Investment I will on hold first. But then I am local johorean, got much lubang to squeeze with much higher real visible return with the connection I had...again I think is my problem la as it is my home ground, looking medini n the timing of how long it will take to turn to what u guys hope...I will rather get back later. Mayb when my commitment with other buying group at tj kupang area lesser bit only I will consider medini. Being a cool patient local then kiasu singaporean.

What you have bought is already water under the bridge. No amount of criticism on others will justify your earlier commitments. To down play one project in hope that another project will get more attention is silly. It will not make any difference. If you had done your homework and tried your best, then that is the best level you have. It does not necessarily mean that others had not done their research and their decisions are not at par with you.

BTW, UAE or even Kuwait Financing are old history. That happened in 2008/ 2009...that is long ago. That was Badawi's era.
I am sure many our fellow investors are much smarter to know the difference and with up to date knowledge.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
What many people don't know is that the rent that such tenants are willing to pay presently is really high. 3 of my neighbours just rented out their semi-dees in EL for RM11,XXX each(all 3 are almost bare, partly furnished units). Another one rented out for RM8,000(also partly furnished. Well, you can't stop landlords from asking a low price as long as they are happy about it). All 4 units were rented out within the same week.

wow..bro Investor, ard RM8-11k there liao..

err..sound like SemiD got more picker than terraced. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
What most people don't know is that there is rental demand(not very high demand but there is demand) for high end properties in Johor but there are not many choices(supply) now. When someone is looking for a high-end landed property in Nusajaya to rent now, their choices are(in most cases) limited to HH, EL, LF and LH(these are the few which are presently available).

will low end properties ie double storey link in these area has the same demand? since they are looking for high end area will they consider a small link house? or they only consider semi or bungalow and above.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
will low end properties ie double storey link in these area has the same demand? since they are looking for high end area will they consider a small link house? or they only consider semi or bungalow and above.

The link house is not low end in EL. As it is cheaper than semi, so the rental is corresponding lower. Depends on tenants preference, big or smaller unit. Anyway link unit built up also not small, over 3,000sq ft.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, the entire MY market for rental & subsales is less than transparent, when compared to SG. In SG, no one can get away from claiming they can rent out for how much, since it's just an internet URA caveat check away.

To aid forumers in their investment decisions, my advice is to use the iproperty or property guru's asking rental prices, as a rental guide. The general rental % yield also helps. There are always outliers, but its more impt to get the average rent.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, the entire MY market for rental & subsales is less than transparent, when compared to SG. In SG, no one can get away from claiming they can rent out for how much, since it's just an internet URA caveat check away.

To aid forumers in their investment decisions, my advice is to use the iproperty or property guru's asking rental prices, as a rental guide. The general rental % yield also helps. There are always outliers, but its more impt to get the average rent.

must not forget to factor in rentalbility index , example if average rental is 3k but propability of renting out is 50%, effective rental become 1,500 only.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
must not forget to factor in rentalbility index , example if average rental is 3k but propability of renting out is 50%, effective rental become 1,500 only.

Not quite sure if it works like that.....hahaha.....anyway just want to emphasize that there are always outliers but average is more impt.

For eg, I know of a 1 bedder serviced residence in Orchard that is rented out for >S$12k (corporate lease). But it is surely not fair to extrapolate the S$12k to say gd location 1-bedder in SG can be rented out easily for S$12k.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will rental demand be confined to only these projects you mentioned?

What about terraces at projects such as Nusa Indaman, Nusa Sentral, etc? How much do you reckon these houses can be rented out especially for corner units which have big land size?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

What about terraces at projects such as Nusa Indaman, Nusa Sentral, etc? How much do you reckon these houses can be rented out especially for corner units which have big land size?

Er .. why would tenant pay higher for the conner unit , unless he want to do some vegetable farming .
However I guess a standard terrace should be in the region of 2,000 to 2,500 /=

Last edited:

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you are not considered as kiasu yourself when you try to be earlier than others by buying Tg Kupang? I just heard a pot calling the kettle black(if you truly understand the meaning, you'll reflect upon yourself. If not, it just proved that your IQ is kinda low).

Saying that Medini will progress doesn't mean saying that one will make the most profit there because room for profit depends on entry price. I do agree that Tg Kupang will yield higher profit if the price is good. I've even surveyed that area right up to the end of the road at Pendas Jetty. I also agree to buy in Medini for own use, chances are high that we'll not be able to get today's prices 3 years later to stay right beside Mall of Medini. You can invest in whatever you think is better, don't call people names and call yourself a cool local, readers will puke!
Haha, seem like my last sentence agitated you badly, apologize if feel offended. I am not trying to say tj kupang is better than medini, what I trying to say is that I am overcommitted to other areas that I am pretty much broke liao that if I want to get a piece of cake in medini condo, I will need to leverage further, and at the moment looking to limit on my leverage capacity. Yes, I want to have medini play but sadly my pocket force me to wait a while while. Hopefully, when I get back will be the time when it start to pick up in price. Will I feel regret if I miss medini price momentum that don't know when to start? Of course! But there is me balance my risk appetite. So not into medini now doesn't mean I look down on it. Not that I put down on medini to promote tj kupang like what Funniman had claimed, no way ordinary folk will want to buy tj kupang, still overpriced agri land (luckily get in early), and it is not a playground for mass audiences. No way to buy tj kupang if your do not have downstream developers or know who able to buy from you, it will be way to risky. Disagree Funniman said it is water under the bridge area, our buying group all have the same consensus as me, at the moment the lands will big enough to inflict interest on developer that we are not worry and hurry to find out. Even thing turn bad cant sell it off, we r more than happy to jointly own the land 10-20 yrs down the road (no debt, just few ppl joint it up). Y? It is closest to second link, even closer than leisurefarm not to say HH that still distant away. For me it is much higher potential, lower starting and many times than the original value...anyway only time can tell whether my judgement is correct. Give you some idea how profitable it is from one of recent experience, there is a piece of land along coastal highway when bought is ~RM10 psf when sold it off for RM 110 psf, much to regret if sell it recently can easily be >RM200 and the price still up. I think that pretty much justify why I miss medini now, coz I have something that most of ppl cant get in play with, but back to my point, I am not hurry in medini as it take time for it to establish. Just buy it if it is your first venture for own use, if for rent out or put empty for price to jump, risk is there, depend on your appetite, hopefully when it jump you still able to jump into the bandwagon.

Haha really, I reserve my right to doubt your claim, http://www.salinaarshad.com/properties/malaysia/johor-bahru/east-ladang/my-properties/showlocality. Able to fetch RM8000 or up I will consider this kind of ppty as investment class with profitable return. Guess what, if got this kind return, RM 3M per semi D is still consider cheap and can easily change hand with that price tag. Luxury houses normally bad in returns but sometime do have anomaly, maybe a group of ppl joint their money to siao siao rent RM11xxx for short term to travel to work for an hour or so each day. If they rent like that for long term, better off they buy one. From my experience, EL, HH can get RM4000 I will be happy, RM 6000 I will be crazy. Maybe I am wrong, anyone in the forum who have their HH, EL, LH rent out for RM8000 or more, do share your experience,, pls enlight, appreciated. Advertising on website is highly misleading, it is costless to do so, I can put whatever figure I like, able to make a deal is another thing.

I think you can buy the data from dunno which pejabat...I got the data all of sale and purchase price in various Malaysia state up until april this year. I got it from hxxxx bxxxxxxx <(self censored on the company name) for free coz knowing someone there. If you want I can extract part of the data when I free but only on personal request, not on forum.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Public transport fare is increasing again in Singapore. Inflation is coming in a big way in Singapore. I expect the lower-middle class take to Iskandar during weekend to keep costs lower.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you have bought is already water under the bridge. No amount of criticism on others will justify your earlier commitments. To down play one project in hope that another project will get more attention is silly. It will not make any difference. If you had done your homework and tried your best, then that is the best level you have. It does not necessarily mean that others had not done their research and their decisions are not at par with you.

BTW, UAE or even Kuwait Financing are old history. That happened in 2008/ 2009...that is long ago. That was Badawi's era.
I am sure many our fellow investors are much smarter to know the difference and with up to date knowledge.

"To down play one project in hope that another project will get more attention is silly" there is no project on tj kupang, just let you know. I think on my earlier post doesn't say ppl shud get into tj kupang or induce ppl into what I am into. All I said is "Mayb when my commitment with other buying group at tj kupang area lesser bit only I will consider medini." which means my cash flow cant make it on medini. Hope it clarify my stance.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
"To down play one project in hope that another project will get more attention is silly" there is no project on tj kupang, just let you know. I think on my earlier post doesn't say ppl shud get into tj kupang or induce ppl into what I am into. All I said is "Mayb when my commitment with other buying group at tj kupang area lesser bit only I will consider medini." which means my cash flow cant make it on medini. Hope it clarify my stance.

pls clarify this statement that is making pple puke: "Being a cool patient local then kiasu singaporean."

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls clarify this statement that is making pple puke: "Being a cool patient local then kiasu singaporean."

okok my bad... :P what i meant is be cool, dun rush. A bit too late, I cant edit that post to delete off that line, edit post button no more appear there.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I only share what I know and won't speculate on what I don't. For all your 3 questions, I can't give you any firm answer.

Out of the 3 units I've mentioned earlier, one of them belongs to myself, that's why now I know for sure that such rent is real. I didn't state the exact figure and didn't mention that one of the units is mine because I've shared info with my neighbours in person. If I reveal too much, I risk exposing my online identity. This is not a totally faceless forum, I know 3 members here in real person and we share info regularly after becoming friends. One other member here rented out his EL semi-d at RM8k(partly furnished) many months ago. I have met his ang-mo tenant and confirmed his rent and it's true. To be frank, I think RM8k is a really low rent when resale price of a semi-d is now at RM2.4-RM2.5mil. I know of 1 partly-furnished semi-d being rented out at RM15k but just like what Reds had mentioned, this is just the 'outlier'. The rest of us are not as lucky as that landlord.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
okok my bad... :P what i meant is be cool, dun rush. A bit too late, I cant edit that post to delete off that line, edit post button no more appear there.

Ok from all your mature replies, we can see that you're really a cool chap. I apologise that I was rude to you, I'm straightforward and I'm not here to be a Mr Nice Guy. When one is rude, so will I.