• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The Epic :smile:

Malaysia also has zoning. I know cos I was involved in a project but didn't take off cos it didn't meet the IRR. there are zoning requirements and restrictions but all these are dependent on whose palms you grease and who's paths you have to cross. if it's some backbenchers constituency then anything goes, but if its Mad Dog Mahathir's then even if it meets all the rules but as long as he doesn't like it, then he may veto it.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysia also has zoning. I know cos I was involved in a project but didn't take off cos it didn't meet the IRR. there are zoning requirements and restrictions but all these are dependent on whose palms you grease and who's paths you have to cross. if it's some backbenchers constituency then anything goes, but if its Mad Dog Mahathir's then even if it meets all the rules but as long as he doesn't like it, then he may veto it.

No law. No wonder Malaysia boleh.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal

In the next few years I expect the new Johor factories to demand more workers, and migration from other states and countries will impose a heavy strain on housing, transport, schools, hospitals and security. We might see a Singapore situation in 2005-2012 in Johor soon. Housing prices will go up.[/QUOTE]

I thought already went up like mad...
e.g East ledang, H Hills, P. Harbour, Meidini and many more...especially HH..cluster hse was only appx rm400k back in 2009..but now
1.2-1.3 mils

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

i'm a PR i bought in jb because of ABSD. otherwise i'd be waiting for ripple bay to complete :smile: so your govt did their job well. :smile:

I think you mentioned you bought one condo in the west of Spore, right? New development or resale? Glad that ABSD did not stop you from buying this condo. Is ABSD the sole reason for not buying second condo in SG?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

High enough to dampen foreigners' demand. Have u ever wondered y so many PRs r buying in Malaysia? It is e ABSD. Coupled with SSD, only e most determined foreigners r buying in SG for e long term. Btw, CCR property prices r falling, which is indicative of e slowing down of foreign investment in that area.

Perhaps these PRs are investors or speculators if they buy in Msia due to ABSD. Of those Msia PRs homeseekers who bought in JB instead of SG that i come across, many reasons i have heard but none stated due to ABSD. One reason is they find private and HDB too expensive, another is they don't qualify for HDB due to only one spouse has PR, the other is on work pass, one more common reason is want to sell off HDB and move to JB for lower cost of living, etc etc.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think you mentioned you bought one condo in the west of Spore, right? New development or resale? Glad that ABSD did not stop you from buying this condo. Is ABSD the sole reason for not buying second condo in SG?

my condo is subsale bought during recession time at sub-developer prices, from someone who was desperate to move to ang mokio due to family obligation. so in the end turned out to be a good buy. ABSD only kicked in during 2010-2011 period , i recall? for ripple bay i had to pay 3% ABSD at that time, and missed out on the very last small unit there. i wished i had just paid the 3% ABSD, though. i would much prefer that to a JB house. I must say however, that a JB house is cheap, and i do get a landed home which can serve a number of uses (family vacation home, weekend chillout home, etc).

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

my condo is subsale bought during recession time at sub-developer prices, from someone who was desperate to move to ang mokio due to family obligation. so in the end turned out to be a good buy. ABSD only kicked in during 2010-2011 period , i recall? for ripple bay i had to pay 3% ABSD at that time, and missed out on the very last small unit there. i wished i had just paid the 3% ABSD, though. i would much prefer that to a JB house. I must say however, that a JB house is cheap, and i do get a landed home which can serve a number of uses (family vacation home, weekend chillout home, etc).

Glad that you got a good buy without paying ABSD. What is this ripple bay about? why the developer don't even offer 3% ABSD discount? must be a highly sought developmebnt...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Glad that you got a good buy without paying ABSD. What is this ripple bay about? why the developer don't even offer 3% ABSD discount? must be a highly sought developmebnt...

wah ripple bay was hot at that time esp the 1-bedders. it's next to downtown east. i kind of like the place. it was 418k for the last unit due to buyer had to pull out. but i delayed the decision to buy due to the 3% ABSD, it was quickly taken up by someone else.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

hmmm... may i suggest other uses for your house in JB? :smile:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

its also because of the ABSD that I decided to invest in JB. hope it turns into extra beer money for me.

anyway, IMO, the property demand in SG is still very high. its just that it has become latent due to the ABSD. the underlying financial strength of actual and potential buyers are very strong. I came to this conclusion after having a round of coffee with a few developers recently. barring a full blown recession, the SG mkt still looks very good.

if there are any first timers here yet to own a SG property, IMO, just go ahead and buy. prices don't look like they are coming down.

wah ripple bay was hot at that time esp the 1-bedders. it's next to downtown east. i kind of like the place. it was 418k for the last unit due to buyer had to pull out. but i delayed the decision to buy due to the 3% ABSD, it was quickly taken up by someone else.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

what kind of person do you think I am? tsk!

you can set it up as a place of worship; to worship the goddess Venus or Aphrodite. And you can be the high priest while I can be the alter boy.

you mean as a den of iniquity? i doubt my future neighbours will approve. :smile:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi sister & brother...

any new development to share....

The market is slowing now. Developers are waiting for the Malaysian Budget announcements on 24/10/13. They have a lot of landbanks but no one is launching.

Meanwhile, most of the top Malaysian developers had shifted attention to London properties. The latest is E & O who bought Princes Court for development near Notting Hill. Other Malaysian developers in London are: Arab Malaysian, IJMLand, SP Setia, Sime Darby, etc. Many buyers are Malaysians. It is also reported that the Brunei Sultan also bought a string of properties in Bayswater amounting to GBP500 million for redevelopment.

http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/busi...perty-market-draws-malaysian-developers-.html

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Beware of environmental factors when buying a property

Posted on October 3, 2013 - Featured, Property
News.

By Ain Aqilah

Houses nearby landfills even have high asking price

Location is key in property purchase, and the consensus is that the Klang Valley is the prime area, but before signing the sale and purchase agreement, prospective buyers should be alert to red flags that may warn of potential health risks in certain locations.

Making an impulsive purchase can happen when one is caught up in the excitement of owning a property. It’s a common mistake especially in prime areas where land is scarce.

If properties marketed at a decent price, people will line up to seal the deal, ignoring the nearby plantations or facilities that may prove to be the Achilles’ heel of your purchase.

According to Asst. Prof. Dr. Syafiee Shuid, the Head of Centre for Built Environment(International Islamic University Malaysia), the government has set up proper guidelines for developers and land owners to follow when developing the land. The guideline is flexible and can be adjusted according to the needs.

However, there must be a buffer zone separating these developments from areas with the possible health risk.

In other parts of the world, properties are seldom built close to high-voltage power lines, sewage treatment plants, landfill and highways. The asking price for properties close to such places are always lower than similar in-type properties further away from the sites. However, the same cannot be said about properties in the Klang Valley.

Properties near to such sites still command sky-high prices. The justification? It is within the Klang Valley.

It makes one wonder whether new technology has found a way of overcoming the problems posed by such places. With high-voltage power lines, the structure is believed to produce electromagnetic field (EMF) that is hazardous to people’s health. The exact measure of radiation exposure can be calculated by the voltage, current levels and distance from the property.

There have been a few case studies linking the home distance with detrimental health effects. The majority of experts advise pregnant women to stay away from such places to avoid possible health risks. If one still thinks of buying, then it’s best to acquire an EMF meter to test out the radiation exposure yourself.

It is no secret, either, that landfills should be avoided at all costs. Other than the terrible smell it emits, it can also pose health and safety risk.

Landfills are known for their leachate, liquid that moves through or drain from the site. It may be created after rainwater mixes with the chemical waste. Modern landfills are often designed to prevent the liquid from passing into the environment, but if not properly implemented, leachate can seep deep into the ground and can cause ground water contamination.

In addition to this, over 10 toxic gases are released from landfills that may cause lung and heart diseases.

“With proper treatment, garbage dump grounds can be converted for another use. If not, these grounds do produce certain type of gas that is similar to the ones for domestic usage. It is hazardous and dangerous. Plus, its ground itself is not stable as the garbage in the ground is compressed and layered with soil. Then, the process is repeated for several layers,” Dr. Syafiee remarked.

Still, properties near to the Taman Beringin Landfill in Kepong have expensive price tags. A new incinerator, that is claimed to be able to burn 1,000 tonnes of garbage everyday, is also planned for the landfill. Despite all this, the property price in residential areas nearby does not seem to be dropping any time soon.

In fact, the exorbitant prices are common throughout the Klang Valley, whether potentially zones are nearby. Neighbourhoods are usually advertised as being closed to the city centre via certain highways and expressways.

Therefore, prior to purchasing a property, tedious research is needed. After all, one will be spending one-fourth of one’s monthly salary here. However, the burden can be lightened with property websites such as Propwall, that provides honest reviews written by the residents, researchers and experienced property agents.

There is also a section where one can participate in discussions regarding the properties.

Regarding new township developments, there are usually concerns regarding future developments in the neighbourhood. It’s important to know these things because each development in the township, be it residential or commercial, will likely have an influence on the value of the land.

Dr. Syafiee explained that people can reach out to the local state authority and ask about the future plans for a neighbourhood.

“You can ask your local authority for the plans they have. I know that the Seremban city plan can be accessed online,” he explained.

This advice by Dr Syafiee is a sound one. However, looking at the blanket property price trend they have nowadays, one can’t help but wonder if it is even necessary. No matter the location or the price, people are still going to buy the property at the asking price.

Their rationale: land in Klang Valley is scarce, but demand is high. So the price is heading nowhere but up.

Related Articles:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is why it is better to buy now at good locations, because population increase and economic growth will result in less choices. Now we are seeing newer launches pushing further away from 1st and 2nd links.