• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks everyone, i would prefer folks joining the group buy to be buying for their own use or investing and not just for speculation. Buy only if you really like the place and feel comfortable. Do not take my word for it and do your own due diligence first. Never be afraid to ask for more information.

Check with land office, company search or your own lawyers if in doubt. Folks who have joined me previously will be given first priority.

Hi Brother Wuqi,
Please keep me in the loop for the group purchase, looking for own stay ...still yet to purchase a unit. Thanks!

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
[It is a balloting event. Good time to visit Traders hotel. QUOTE=cybermad;1545522]Hot off the press ! Afiniti Medini launching 8 June at PH Traders Hotel ![/QUOTE]

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Timing is really precise. ST carries a 12pg write up to promote Iskandar on Friday, and voila, on Saturday morning, the balloting is announced for following Sat.

rosnyus

Alfrescian
Loyal
We too. But there's a 14 days cooling period, still undecided.
You're buying for own stay?

yes for my own stay :smile:

at first i was planning to purchase bestari heights (more convenient with hypermart nearby) but was hesitant due to the quantum and additional costs. Cascadia nicer with beautiful landscape but quite far in.

after further thinking, decided on Cascadia as not willing to fork out too much (rebates also more attractive!) and furthermore, i'm sure the setia indah township will be more developed by the time it's ready. I just have to learn how to drive in the next 3 years before it's ready. haha

a bit pissed at the agent at the sg office though. i texted and even email her on Friday regarding the rebates as i was in a hurry to leave the day i paid the booking fee. but no reply till now? is this a bad omen?

btw, should we start a new thread?

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Http://announcements.bursamalaysia.com/EDMS/edmsweb.nsf/ba387758ae37412b482568a300466fb6/247dce99ffc4e43848257b7c003dc1ea/$FILE/Masteel%20-%201Q2013%20Press%20Release.pdf"]http://announcements.bursamalaysia.com/EDMS/edmsweb.nsf/ba387758ae37412b482568a300466fb6/247dce99ffc4e43848257b7c003dc1ea/$FILE/Masteel%20-%201Q2013%20Press%20Release.pdf

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor to impose property assessment rate on foreign ownership

The move also affect local owners whose property is valued above RM1 million and is expected to be implemented within this year.

Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the move was crucial as the last review on assessment rate was carried out between the 1980s and 1990s.

He said the decision would allow the councils to generate more income in order to provide better services.

"It is time for us to look at foreign ownership in the state because our people in other countries are also imposed a different tax rate."

"For locals with property valued below RM1 million, the rate will remain the same."

"Currently, six local councils, including the Johor Baru City Council (MBJB), have completed their review of the assessment rate, which are awaiting the nod from the government.

"The public now expects better services from the local councils, and for the local councils to render better service, they must be in a strong and stable position to fulfil the aspirations of the people," he said after attending a working visit to the Permas Jaya zone here, where he is also its state assemblyman.

Currently, foreigners are only subjected to guidelines as they can only buy properties that are above RM500,000 and property developers can only sell up to 30 per cent of their non-low and medium-cost properties to foreigners, in a bid to protect the interests of the locals.

Khaled said RM4 million allocation by the federal and state government has been channelled to the MBJB for the development of its road infrastructures, the construction of a new bridge for vehicles from Permas Jaya to the Permas Jaya industrial estate leading to Pasir Gudang and a new community hall with a library.

"This allocation was approved before I became the Menteri Besar. Even if I had not won the Permas state seat, I will still care about the issues faced by the people.

"And Permas Jaya, being under the jurisdiction of the MBJB, I want the facilities in this zone to mirror the efficiency of MBJB. This will portray us as a Pro-Rakyat government," he said.
Khaled said all the 24 zones under MBJB would be given amenities like community halls and mosques.
Khaled, who listened as the community grassroots air their grouses to him yesterday, also urged the local councillors to be the eyes and ears of the state government,