• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need a new aircon-any suggestions

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 10+ year old Daikin has dieded & it will cost $800 & to repair & there's no guarantee that the repair will last. So I'm looking for a new multi-system aircon.
The aircon will have to cool 3 rooms.

Would be interested in hearing the opinions out people have on the various brands.

Who did you use to do the installation? I've heard of Gain City, are they good?
Buy MEX which allows you to do own cleaning up of dust n dirt very easy & cleaned blower fan plus fins saves at least 15% on electricity
Gain City s the way to go......... esp now shud hv X mas goodies etc BUT do not buy insurance or gurantee extension

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
how about a portable aircon?akira or europace.iv decided against buying a trends portable aircon,although they have a strong airflow,they seem a bit crude and simplistic in design,like a loser sinkie brand.

if someone can recommend me a good portable aircon brand and model.....my old europace is 5 years old and getting on in age.

suicide to go portable as it is energy inefficient & fucking noisey......... only good as standby ermergency use!!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sanyo used to be #1 in Singapore. I swear by this brand when all their compressors were made in Singapore (Bedok). After they moved their plant to China I switched to Diakin.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sanyo used to be #1 in Singapore. I swear by this brand when all their compressors were made in Singapore (Bedok). After they moved their plant to China I switched to Diakin.

Yeah the 20 yr old sanyo was good when done in Jurong but I think the compressor is not from competitor Panasonic in Bedok...... it was Nichi or something like that
Daikin not the best.......... parts fragile & break too easily!!! spare parts expensive!!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah the 20 yr old sanyo was good when done in Jurong but I think the compressor is not from competitor Panasonic in Bedok...... it was Nichi or something like that
Daikin not the best.......... parts fragile & break too easily!!! spare parts expensive!!!

I went with Daikin because I had to replace an older Daikin that served me well for 15 years & I though that since are only doing aircons, their models must be ok.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now no more r22 gas. Only r2d2 gas.

I was aware of the transition to the newer gas. I went with the old model that used the older r22 because it was cheaper & even though the new models are no longer available, the older gas should be around if I need spare gas.

Although I went with the older gas I chose to replace the pipes which are able to handle the higher pressures of the r2d2. In fact I paid extra $ to use 22 gauge copper piping.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fix only what is broken. The drainage pipes may not be firty n horny inside the AC pipes for 10 year old system still like same r410a gas but this one may need to change if coupling is up to no good.

The hardest thing about getting a new aircon is replacing the piping. You have to clear the area for the workman to do the job. They have to cut your false ceiling make holes etc. A very long & dusty affair.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went with Daikin because I had to replace an older Daikin that served me well for 15 years & I though that since are only doing aircons, their models must be ok.

using for so long means you actually wasted lots of money for its inefficiencies.................. penny wise but pound foolish

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
using for so long means you actually wasted lots of money for its inefficiencies.................. penny wise but pound foolish

I try to buy things that last. I think it is wasteful the way some people discard things just because something is old e.g. handphones, cars,..

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN, buy air con have to discuss from 2013 until almost 2016 ...... Sinkies are really a bunch of useless losers ........ bwahahahahahaha ...........

[video=youtube;BxtKAvv1hLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxtKAvv1hLA[/video]