• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

National Service in Singapore

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Human Being are try to be kind and pray to Buddha (prophets), Bodhisattva (saints) and Arhat (angels). Human being is very weak in Dhamar (Holy Teaching) that make satan had chance to create trouble in war. It is very sorry and sad to see that. We are not living in a pure land that to purify ourselves. Amitofo. We are living in place that satan will test us. A strong defend force is needed beside Dharma teaching living of kindness.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Human Being are try to be kind and pray to Buddha (prophets), Bodhisattva (saints) and Arhat (angels). Human being is very weak in Dhamar (Holy Teaching) that make satan had chance to create trouble in war. It is very sorry and sad to see that. We are not living in a pure land that to purify ourselves. Amitofo. We are living in place that satan will test us. A strong defend force is needed beside Dharma teaching living of kindness.

so is NS good for SG guys?

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
We must had a strong regular arm force to defend Singapore.

For NS: BMT training shall cut short to 2 months and vocation training shall cut short to 2 months. NCO and CO leadership training cut short to 1 month. First in camp training cut short to 1 month.

We should have annual in camp training for a week until reach the age of 45 for NCO and 55 for CO.

We can modify NS policy but never scrap our NS policy to defend Singapore.

This is what I mean it.

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: No Difference To The Current Fascist

Good suggestion!!!

Yes, we can use diplomacy more.

NSF of 2yrs is too much. SG guys are disadvantaged and it is not right of the pap to impose such heavy burden on the guys

I totally agree. Our military likes to boast that we have a "3G" and technologically advanced army and all that crap. If this is really the case, why in the Hells do we need TWO LONG YEARS for NS? Surely our advanced technology and "thinking soldier" culture in the forces allow us to save time on training!

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you said is already ancient history. After the last gaffe, he had recanted, and in 2011 GE, took over from LTK in HG. What does that tell you?

YSL loudly and clearly proclaimed his support for NS to the extent of voluntarily extending his reservist. He loudly and clearly proclaimed that he'd rather vote for a PAP MP if he deems him to better than the opposition contestant. He won election with even higher margin than LTK. What does that tell you?

Tonychat would say most are Sinkies but that doesn't matter to me or even politics. Democracy has its ways. Majority wins.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We must had a strong regular arm force to defend Singapore.

For NS: BMT training shall cut short to 2 months and vocation training shall cut short to 2 months. NCO and CO leadership training cut short to 1 month. First in camp training cut short to 1 month.

We should have annual in camp training for a week until reach the age of 45 for NCO and 55 for CO.

We can modify NS policy but never scrap our NS policy to defend Singapore.

This is what I mean it.

Good suggestions!!

The basic premise is that SG guys should not be discriminated in SG. Whatever modifications to NS, SG guys must be preferred to foreign guys.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I totally agree. Our military likes to boast that we have a "3G" and technologically advanced army and all that crap. If this is really the case, why in the Hells do we need TWO LONG YEARS for NS? Surely our advanced technology and "thinking soldier" culture in the forces allow us to save time on training!

You heard of "empty boast"? that 's what pap is good for. when TCH coined the word "3rd Generation" he cant even define what he means...it was so abstract and nothing more than just a word

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

taiwan is reducing compulsory 1-year ns to 4 months, with the future goal of scrapping mandatory ns altogether. they prefer a totally professional force of 216k than a mixed bag of pro-am salad at about 276k. they realize a stronger economy, better educated workforce, and professionally trained and maintained military are many times more effective than a defense based on numbers alone. and how much are their politicians and bureaucrats getting paid for coming up with such a brilliant idea?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

how much are their politicians and bureaucrats getting paid for coming up with such a brilliant idea?

Singapore should import more of these FTs and have them as our ministers :eek::eek::eek:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i advocate the removal of mandatory conscription since old Delphi days. regular army is the way to go, do that and remember to pay regular pay to the NSFs.

sounds like a good suggestion...alternatively, compel SG guys to serve NS but pay them market rates for their job, skills and qualifications

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Real Fighters Only $5k 4 Yr Of Training

14937_gladiator-movie-3.jpg

sounds like a good suggestion...alternatively, compel SG guys to serve NS but pay them market rates for their job, skills and qualifications

The question is not just about loyalty. It's about the ability to kill. We may still get the wrong talents once more.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm Beginning To Like You

priceless.jpg

SG guys are so elated when they are given a medal or certificate of appreciation. but what value is the medal or certificate when you are not really appreciated?

So many pap running dogs are so excited when awarded National Day medals.

You are right about this. But, there will always be some pathetic souls who will stand by the side very eager to get a banana peel home to show off. Absolutely stupid ! Maybe, they still think it's "Priceless". OMG ! Give me a break !