• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

National Service in Singapore

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boh Keng Buay Choot Peng.Badge jit kee lan .Just look at the calibre of our school boy Generals like BG Wimpy Pinky and MG Retarded Kee Chiu !!!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No Sinkie guy in his right mind thinks that NS is a badge of honour. The ones who think this way aren't in their right minds and should be treated in Woodbridge. The stupid ones are those who voted for the scum in white (who are stupid or callous enough - to allow the foreign trash to exploit the system in return for GDP growth).

If SG guys dont think that NS is a badge of honour and detest the pap because they are compelled to pereform NS, why didnt they protest and vote against the PAP? The PRs protested by renouncing their PRs.

That speaks a lot of SG guys..either the believe the pap that NS is a badge of honour or they are b.lless to protest despite being forced by the pap

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha.... finally TS cannot resist and start a thread on National Service.

national service dont make men submissive. .

It doesnt? then SG guys enjoy NS? if they didnt enjoy NS but were compelled to do so, why didnt they do sumthing abt it? Did NS make them subservient to higher authorities?

please clarify why this contradiction in SG guys?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can tell you honestly that those who are 3rd generation and above Sinkies really love this country but they are just too shy to say so and they will do anything to protect it..But lately with all this PAP foreign policies it has diluted a good amount of loyalty and love for this country.

I have mixed feelings abt your staement.

on one hand, I am glad that 3rd generation singaporeans love SG

on the other hand, i am not sure whether they are shy to admit it or just b.lless to do anything abt it

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The beasts of burden are the maids that have to carry their full packs during battle.

hahahaha..true. but that's only a small physical and tiresome burden.

the real beasts of burden are SG guys who were conned and compelled by the pap to protect foreigners who come here to make money and make supernormal profits. The SG guys sacrificed their two years NSF and 13 yeaqrs NSmen for nothing. and they were made to provide free labour as storemen, etc to OBS at F1 races so that his company can get free labour from the SAF and make huge profits. Why did the pap and Mindef allow our NS guys to do storemen duties at F1 races? this should be done by civilians and commercial storemen. The SG guys are supposed to do NS to protect SG against any foreign agressor. the F1 organisers can get commercial storemen and security guards and shd not exploit our SG guys for free labour.

It's morally and politically wrong!!!

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As far as NS is concerned, it makes no difference in the polls. No politcal party is against NS, not even SDP.

it's different voting for a party who champions NS. a party which condones NS is different from one which champions NS and which favours foreigners.

Do you see that the pap is allowing businesses to profiteer by allowing free NS labour to help these business?

Next...shd NSFs and NSmen be abused to guard MRT trains? MRT is a profit making business. It should employ commercial guards and pay them commercial rates to guard MRT trains. .their operations should not be subsidised by SG guys as free labour

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's different voting for a party who champions NS. a party which condones NS is different from one which champions NS and which favours foreigners.

What's the difference between championing and condoning? Still the same 2-year full-time and 13-year reservist.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the difference between championing and condoning? Still the same 2-year full-time and 13-year reservist.

MP Yaw sarpork NS.... so much he extend his reservist....

Defence advisory council gets three new members

THREE new members will be joining the Advisory Council on Community Relations in Defence (Accord), Minister of State for Defence Lawrence Wong announced yesterday.

They are People's Action Party MPs Chia Shi-Lu and Ong Teng Koon and Workers' Party MP Yaw Shin Leong.

Referring to the inclusion of an MP from an opposition party, Mr Wong said: 'It is a clear signal and demonstration that defence is not a partisan issue and we should not politicise defence in our security of Singapore.'

He added that this is not the first time that an MP from an opposition party is a member of Accord. Workers' Party leader Low Thia Khiang was previously a member as well.

'I think that it is useful to have a broad-based membership, including an opposition MP,' said Mr Wong.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_744748.html

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MP Yaw sarpork NS.... so much he extend his reservist....

Defence advisory council gets three new members

THREE new members will be joining the Advisory Council on Community Relations in Defence (Accord), Minister of State for Defence Lawrence Wong announced yesterday.

They are People's Action Party MPs Chia Shi-Lu and Ong Teng Koon and Workers' Party MP Yaw Shin Leong.

Referring to the inclusion of an MP from an opposition party, Mr Wong said: 'It is a clear signal and demonstration that defence is not a partisan issue and we should not politicise defence in our security of Singapore.'

He added that this is not the first time that an MP from an opposition party is a member of Accord. Workers' Party leader Low Thia Khiang was previously a member as well.

'I think that it is useful to have a broad-based membership, including an opposition MP,' said Mr Wong.

ACCORD is more than NS. Being in ACCORD doesnt mean that a member supports every Defence Policy. He is there to give his inputs on Defence policies/Community Relations

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
ACCORD is more than NS. Being in ACCORD doesnt mean that a member supports every Defence Policy. He is there to give his inputs on Defence policies/Community Relations

ya i know...

but he damned sarpork NS....
why else you think he go on rovers...?

i once wrote on his wall condemming National slavery....but he say he and WP will never sarpork abolish Conscription

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ya i know...

but he damned sarpork NS....
why else you think he go on rovers...?

i once wrote on his wall condemming National slavery....but he say he and WP will never sarpork abolish Conscription

arhhh...ok. WSL is entitled to his opinion. we dont have to agree on everything. generally, i wld vote for WSL then any other pap candidate...but I am not in Hougang SMC so it is irrelevant

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Extension of reservist isn't compulsory. Everyone can choose after completing the basic 13 cycles. YSL and LTK were both Sergeants. GMS and Steve Chia were both Captains. CSJ was ASP (Major) and Sylvia was Inspector (Lieutenant). Sylvia of course needn't do NS but voluntarily signed on. There's no reservist for women too.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Extension of reservist isn't compulsory. Everyone can choose after completing the basic 13 cycles. YSL and LTK were both Sergeants. GMS and Steve Chia were both Captains. CSJ was ASP (Major) and Sylvia was Inspector (Lieutenant). Sylvia of course needn't do NS but voluntarily signed on. There's no reservist for women too.

Thanks for the enlightenment. Are there many lower ranks eg Sergeants who extended their NS liability voluntarily?

I heard of some who extended or volunteered because they want to go on overseas deployments like part of UN peacekeeping force.

I wonder if any have volunteered for extension of NS as a combatant in an infantry unit

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the enlightenment. Are there many lower ranks eg Sergeants who extended their NS liability voluntarily?

I heard of some who extended or volunteered because they want to go on overseas deployments like part of UN peacekeeping force.

I wonder if any have volunteered for extension of NS as a combatant in an infantry unit

I don't know that in detail. YSL is of course one confirmed case since himself declared. He's a medic. There're others too but rare. Most want to finish off NSF and reservist liabilities a.s.a.p. including yours truly. The first thing I do when I got out of police was to apply for exit permit to go US before the first reservist cycle begins. (Regulars have reservist cycles to serve too unless having served 13 years as full-time regulars, then exempted.)

The exit permit and disruption were easy to get when you know a CMPB EPO officer. She just countersigned and stamped whatever I wrote on the application form and forwarded back to my police division. Then I became unitless and free to travel anywhere without needing to worry about reservist callups.