• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Molek/Johor Jaya

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
everywhere is the same if you buy non G&G
ST_20130929_BSSIGN29_3858162e.jpg

View attachment 11815

If u buy non gated and guarded house........

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at a developer's office to get some updates on a project at Molek/Ponderosa. Anyway this is what I was told by a confident sounding sales chap:-

A new bridge to connect Ponderosa to JB City area is off the chart for now, as the JB govt is reluctant to partially subsidize the project cost. In-lieu of that, Berinda has made concrete plans for a road link just after Yeo Hiap Seng factory to connect to the Pandan Bridge instead.

In conjunction with this development, there are plans for shophouses along this latest road link (together with 4 condo blocks), and separately, another developer is commencing land clearing works for an integrated project with mall, at the Pandan Bridge-EDL junction.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at a developer's office to get some updates on a project at Molek/Ponderosa. Anyway this is what I was told by a confident sounding sales chap:-

A new bridge to connect Ponderosa to JB City area is off the chart for now, as the JB govt is reluctant to partially subsidize the project cost. In-lieu of that, Berinda has made concrete plans for a road link just after Yeo Hiap Seng factory to connect to the Pandan Bridge instead.

In conjunction with this development, there are plans for shophouses along this latest road link (together with 4 condo blocks), and separately, another developer is commencing land clearing works for an integrated project with mall, at the Pandan Bridge-EDL junction.
Expected. The area now wants to exit to main road also need to go thru the terrible jam at tebrau highway (molek) path. In future it will just get worse.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Expected. The area now wants to exit to main road also need to go thru the terrible jam at tebrau highway (molek) path. In future it will just get worse.

Have to wait and see the impact, after Pandan Bridge upgrading is completed at year-end. Anyway I just came back from a trip to PJ. The jams there will put all traffic jams in JB to shame, save for the checkpts! Haha........

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to wait and see the impact, after Pandan Bridge upgrading is completed at year-end. Anyway I just came back from a trip to PJ. The jams there will put all traffic jams in JB to shame, save for the checkpts! Haha........

Completed by year end? Seriously I doubt it is even possible. We shall see.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Completed by year end? Seriously I doubt it is even possible. We shall see.

Why not possible leh? Year-end is the reported deadline, and no mention of delays so far. Work has been on-going since Dec'13. It's not exactly a massive project too.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not possible leh? Year-end is the reported deadline, and no mention of delays so far. Work has been on-going since Dec'13. It's not exactly a massive project too.

I recall reading a news that completion will be postponed to next year.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sin chew daily? I have been on overseas travel lately, but a google check is not showing up any delay now.....

I pasted the online news in English somewhere. I recall very clearly it will be delayed. But why am I not surprised? :p Things move slowly in Malaysia.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not this one. It was announced delayed to 2015. I try to dig out tmr. No way expansion is so fast. Even LTA is slower as it involves piling of river bed.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u know better the way how gahment works in truly asia, u will know that delay is super normal thing. Not be surprised that it will even take years. Permas bridge last time took 10yrs to finish building.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pasir Gudang is really expanding but phase by phase, slooooowwwly. As long as things are moving I'm happy n I can see e roads near Pandan side getting done up. Poor tax collection n money siphoned off could result in less spending on public projects.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pasir Gudang is really expanding but phase by phase, slooooowwwly. As long as things are moving I'm happy n I can see e roads near Pandan side getting done up. Poor tax collection n money siphoned off could result in less spending on public projects.

It won't be even completed for the next 5 yrs for Pasir gudang highway expansion. We can track back this 5 yrs later. The talk about expansion confirmed not started later than more than 5 yrs ago.

Regardless whether Pandan that path will be expanded. Whether it resolves the current jam situation or not is also a big question mark. And not to forget there are tons of bottlenecks at Molek, mounts Austin, JJ, Gaya, desa cemerlang etc to go thru if one is living even further up.

For who have stayed in the area for long time with no choice but to suffer in the terrible jam in long run, however, for new investors or home buyers, frankly speaking, other than budget constraint, I do not see a reason to pick an area for living that is already terribly jam versus a new area that is not jam now but maybe jam but then it at most only happens 10yrs later. Good can turn bad, but at the same time, the current bad will turn worse or worst.

If one is going thru the path daily will understand what I meant. Situation will only get worse, because residents only keep increasing while existing roads etc stay the same.

Just my 2 cents. I am just stating truth. Pardon me if offended.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pasir Gudang expansion is not easy wor..... Lots of overheads and it's really a long ride. I can understand the delay esp at the overhead sections.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It won't be even completed for the next 5 yrs for Pasir gudang highway expansion. We can track back this 5 yrs later. The talk about expansion confirmed not started later than more than 5 yrs ago.

Regardless whether Pandan that path will be expanded. Whether it resolves the current jam situation or not is also a big question mark. And not to forget there are tons of bottlenecks at Molek, mounts Austin, JJ, Gaya, desa cemerlang etc to go thru if one is living even further up.

For who have stayed in the area for long time with no choice but to suffer in the terrible jam in long run, however, for new investors or home buyers, frankly speaking, other than budget constraint, I do not see a reason to pick an area for living that is already terribly jam versus a new area that is not jam now but maybe jam but then it at most only happens 10yrs later. Good can turn bad, but at the same time, the current bad will turn worse or worst.

If one is going thru the path daily will understand what I meant. Situation will only get worse, because residents only keep increasing while existing roads etc stay the same.

Just my 2 cents. I am just stating truth. Pardon me if offended.

Upgrading had started since early last year. Phase 1 is probably half done, but slowed down near e bridges. You can drive there to see for yourself.

I like to see some jams as it is a sign of prosperity. If is not jammed, I worry.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let's wait for the upgrading of Pandan Bridge (from Kota Tinggi to town) part to be completed first, before we assess the traffic situation again. There are actually long stretches along Tebrau Highway without traffic lights, from Jusco Tebrau all the way past EDL Pandan and Kampong Melayu flyover. I expect to see significant improvements, but for naysayers, lets wait and see first lor.