• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Magical trance in old Singapore when Sinkies were still superstitious and uneducated

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Magical trance in old Singapore when Sinkies were still superstitious and uneduca

8 bucks! Inclusive of 迎贵人 too!

A rip-off you think? :wink:

if paying $8 can make u happy why not ? brother golden dragon can hang more $ to make him happy :wink: .but i personally think its a rip off cause listening to this kind of rap dont make me happy and i dont believe in it . dont say $8 ...80cents i also wont pay .

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Magical trance in old Singapore when Sinkies were still superstitious and uneduca

if paying $8 can make u happy why not ? brother golden dragon can hang more $ to make him happy :wink: .but i personally think its a rip off cause listening to this kind of rap dont make me happy and i dont believe in it . dont say $8 ...80cents i also wont pay .

一念天堂, 一念地狱. It's all relative. :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

一念天堂, 一念地狱. It's all relative. :wink:

bro ...sorry i dont understand the chinese meaning . can teach me ?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

no la, the 2 person carry the chair, till the chair sideways and wrote some characters on the scatter rice.

then someone note down the characters, and say pass this to the chinese medical hall and follow the stated instructions like apply how many times. recovered in 2 days, in my mind i was fucking the ang mo doctor then. i was too young then, cannot remember got ash water a not LOL

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

no la, the 2 person carry the chair, till the chair sideways and wrote some characters on the scatter rice.

then someone note down the characters, and say pass this to the chinese medical hall and follow the stated instructions like apply how many times. recovered in 2 days, in my mind i was fucking the ang mo doctor then. i was too young then, cannot remember got ash water a not LOL

sikali is that someone who note down the characters who is a master of TCM ..the rest of the ppl there and the acting is just add on effect to make it look religiously :wink:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

sikali is that someone who note down the characters who is a master of TCM ..the rest of the ppl there and the acting is just add on effect to make it look religiously :wink:

possible, i am a believer of Occam's razor principle.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

For a moment, I thought it was the arrogant 28 year old man again.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

possible, i am a believer of Occam's razor principle.

ok..lets file this incident under unexplainable instead of unbelieveable .

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

sometimes education doesn't mean you will be "educated"
edcauted mother can still believe very strongly in (fake) bomoh.medium that tell her that step daughters can bring you bad luck and pull you down, and make your "star" not bright etc etc etc

Last edited:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro ...sorry i dont understand the chinese meaning . can teach me ?

I'll do my best!

My interpretation is our actions are dictated by our will.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Initially I thought all mediums were con job, pretending to be god. Many years back, I encountered a close friend and a relative who went into trance, all of a sudden, on separate occasions. Shocked was my exact feeling then as they were not mediums. I started discussing this with friends/doctors and the best answer obtained is that - it is actually a form of self-hypnosis. Not everyone can get into such a condition. It depends on the individual's mental state. One who when into trance frequently would slowly learn to gain control of his action when in trance, which explains why experienced medium won't hurt himself badly during prayer session.

What amazed me most was the physical ability of a person when in trance. I had witnessed a man leaping from the 2nd storey parapet wall, landed so nimbly and dashing off like an animal. A middle age man hopping with one foot onto a swivel chair (with rollers), without losing his balance. In our sub-conscious mind, we are capable of performing near impossible feats. However, when we are fully aware of the surrounding, fear, ..... will limit our abilities.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Initially I thought all mediums were con job, pretending to be god. Many years back, I encountered a close friend and a relative who went into trance, all of a sudden, on separate occasions. Shocked was my exact feeling then as they were not mediums. I started discussing this with friends/doctors and the best answer obtained is that - it is actually a form of self-hypnosis. Not everyone can get into such a condition. It depends on the individual's mental state. One who when into trance frequently would slowly learn to gain control of his action when in trance, which explains why experienced medium won't hurt himself badly during prayer session.

What amazed me most was the physical ability of a person when in trance. I had witnessed a man leaping from the 2nd storey parapet wall, landed so nimbly and dashing off like an animal. A middle age man hopping with one foot onto a swivel chair (with rollers), without losing his balance. In our sub-conscious mind, we are capable of performing near impossible feats. However, when we are fully aware of the surrounding, fear, ..... will limit our abilities.

i personally know a few medium ...those stupid act they do when they are in a so called " trance " are bullshit . they are just performers sometimes they use abit of gimmick like when u put their hand in hot oil . it can be done by putting large amount of salt into the oil ...the salt will cool down the temperture although it looks hot but actucally not hot enough to fried your hands . another tatics is climbing " knife ladder " , they position themself in a way they they wont get deep cut on their feet ..ect . im a sucker for magic and i do know lots of magic tricks secrets . when you do this kind of things for years ...you just got better . ever heard of body suspension ? those ppl dont need to go into a trance to do that :wink: ...its just endurence :wink:

[video=youtube;8nlfxOl7EG8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nlfxOl7EG8[/video]

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

self hypnosis does not mean god or a saint is inside your body. all MAN MADE

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i personally know a few medium ...those stupid act they do when they are in a so called " trance " are bullshit . they are just performers sometimes they use abit of gimmick like when u put their hand in hot oil . it can be done by putting large amount of salt into the oil ...the salt will cool down the temperture although it looks hot but actucally not hot enough to fried your hands . another tatics is climbing " knife ladder " , they position themself in a way they they wont get deep cut on their feet ..ect . im a sucker for magic and i do know lots of magic tricks secrets . when you do this kind of things for years ...you just got better . ever heard of body suspension ? those ppl dont need to go into a trance to do that :wink: ...its just endurence :wink:

yes when you have done this con, or "self hypnosis" for so many years, its like a "job".
(fake) medium on demand
when the fancy takes you, just denounce someone ,and destroy someone's life

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i start to rhyme spontaneously when i get into a trance
it's like channeling hip hop and breaking into freaky dance
for some reason it's though i have a split personality
one side says "shuddup!" the other just vomits unceasingly

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal

8 bucks! Inclusive of 迎贵人 too!

A rip-off you think? :wink:

bro ze last time i went in 2023 was still 8 bucks. tomorrow iz ze day 2 打小人 again. :biggrin:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Recently I went to 拜虎爷 打小人. Wow! It was a liberating experience.

The Ah Ma was chanting in double speed in Cantonese. I just felt very song, hearing her shooing away all those 小人!

Anyone old bird here knows what the Ah Ma chanted? Thanks! :smile: