• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Magical trance in old Singapore when Sinkies were still superstitious and uneducated

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1uIV0eOjXvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Magical trance in old Singapore when Sinkies were still superstitious and uneduca

Seems like ecstasy pills were a lot more tolerated then compared to now...

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Magical trance in old Singapore when Sinkies were still superstitious and uneduca

Believe me, you can still witness this in modern Singapore today. I believe some of them are genuine possession by benign earth devas/spirits.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

when i was very young, i was sick really bad once for many weeks. Go to those ang mo doctor no use, end up desperate mother bring me go down temple ask god.

it was a 2 men show, 2 person carrying a statue on a chair and wrote some wording. base on the wording written on a large area of rice, a chinese medical formula was given to us. I recovered in 2 days.

although i am more or less an atheist now....as i do not believe in things that does not make much sense. but i will not say these staff are fake or not due to past experience.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

when i was very young, i was sick really bad once for many weeks. Go to those ang mo doctor no use, end up desperate mother bring me go down temple ask god.

it was a 2 men show, 2 person carrying a statue on a chair and wrote some wording. base on the wording written on a large area of rice, a chinese medical formula was given to us. I recovered in 2 days.

although i am more or less an atheist now....as i do not believe in things that does not make much sense. but i will not say these staff are fake or not due to past experience.

sometimes angmo medicine need time to take effect , so by the time u go to see that 2 men your sickness might already improving ...that give credits to the 2 men ...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

thats why some ppl start believing in the invisibleman .

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Recently I went to 拜虎爷 打小人. Wow! It was a liberating experience.

The Ah Ma was chanting in double speed in Cantonese. I just felt very song, hearing her shooing away all those 小人!

Anyone old bird here knows what the Ah Ma chanted? Thanks! :smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The Ah Ma was chanting in double speed in Cantonese. I just felt very song, hearing her shooing away all those 小人!

i rather listen to rap :wink:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal

i rather listen to rap :wink:

Hey you are right! Much like listening to a rap song! :wink:

It's not even about some supernatural forces. It's the words she uttered that got something off my chest that day. :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hey you are right! Much like listening to a rap song! :wink:

It's not even about some supernatural forces. It's the words she uttered that got something off my chest that day. :wink:

glad .....you know its not supernatural . if u already know that ..theres no harm to go there and make you feel better .

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

sounds like medium on demand, much like movies on demand.
put on white coat or light some joss sticks and can start chanting

and some so called educated people will believe
especially when medium on demand tells them that their step daughter brings them back luck, so better get rid of step daughter.
like giving away daughter because father died so after she was born (ie air asia power lady)

sometimes, the power of education has no power at all

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal

sounds like medium on demand, much like movies on demand.
put on white coat or light some joss sticks and can start chanting

and some so called educated people will believe
especially when medium on demand tells them that their step daughter brings them back luck, so better get rid of step daughter.
like giving away daughter because father died so after she was born (ie air asia power lady)

sometimes, the power of education has no power at all

Not quite true. The power of education helped me see through the psychological impact such things have on me, either positively or negatively. Be discerning.

Any old bird knows what the Ah Ma chanted? It was in Cantonese and definitely not what you heard in HK movies! It was a localised version of 打小人 chant. Thanks again! :wink:

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

sometimes angmo medicine need time to take effect , so by the time u go to see that 2 men your sickness might already improving ...that give credits to the 2 men ...

the improvement was too drastic to credit to that effect. went back to the doc one month later and he was puzzled why i still did not recovered and gave me the same thing. that was when my family gave up and know the ang mo medicine was useless against this.

a more logical explanation is TCM is more effective, or that chee bye ang mo doctor misdiagnoised my condition. nevertheless i still recovered thanks to them and that a fact.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bxtgAIapTtk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

like this? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

nonetheless, found one video filmed in HongKong

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QOUmGPQtt8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

the improvement was too drastic to credit to that effect. went back to the doc one month later and he was puzzled why i still did not recovered and gave me the same thing. that was when my family gave up and know the ang mo medicine was useless against this.

a more logical explanation is TCM is more effective, or that chee bye ang mo doctor misdiagnoised my condition. nevertheless i still recovered thanks to them and that a fact.

you didnt mention you took TCM . yes ...might be TCM that cure you .

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey thanks!

I was half-expecting the Ah Ma to whip out her sandal to whack the 小人 dip dip that day. But she didn't!

She merely used the incense paper to swipe me gently and doing the chant. It was over in less than 3 minutes.

It was a sanitized version, nothing malicious, she just telling the 小人 to STFU and be gone! :biggrin:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bxtgAIapTtk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

like this? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

nonetheless, found one video filmed in HongKong

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QOUmGPQtt8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hey thanks!

I was half-expecting the Ah Ma to whip out her sandal to whack the 小人 dip dip that day. But she didn't!

She merely used the incense paper to swipe me gently and doing the chant. It was over in less than 3 minutes.

It was a sanitized version, nothing malicious, she just telling the 小人 to STFU and be gone! :biggrin:

wow so fast over in less then 3mins ? how much did you pay for her rap ?

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal

wow so fast over in less then 3mins ? how much did you pay for her rap ?

8 bucks! Inclusive of 迎贵人 too!

A rip-off you think? :wink:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

you didnt mention you took TCM . yes ...might be TCM that cure you .

the chinese medication formula from the temple is pure TCM. we merely bring the formula down to the medical hall and they grab it for us.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

the chinese medication formula from the temple is pure TCM. we merely bring the formula down to the medical hall and they grab it for us.

i didnt know those ppl know TCM . i thought they just ask you to drink some " ash water " .