• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lunch

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
IMG_7604.JPG

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is oat milk healthy? Do our ancestors drink oat milk?

Oatly oat milk ingredients: Oatmilk (water, oats), rapeseed oil, dipotassium phosphate, calcium carbonate, calcium phosphate, sea salt, vitamin B12, riboflavin (B2), vitamin D2, vitamin A.

Contains artificial vitamins!

The third ingredient, after water and oats, is rapeseed oil, the slightly less flattering name for canola oil. Usually, rapeseed oil is used in the automotive and chemical industries to make things like engine lubricant and biodiesel, whereas the version used for cooking is known as “canola oil”. Both are extremely processed, inflammatory, and unhealthy oils and can even contain up to 2.03% of trans-fats

Creamy Original Oatmilk Creamer ingredients: Oatmilk (Filtered Water, Whole Oat Flour), Sunflower Oil, Pea Protein, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sea Salt, Natural Flavor, Gellan Gum

Gellan Gum – This is similar to Xanthum Gum, which is produced by bacterial fermentation. There is limited data on its safety, but avoid if you have a sensitive gut.

Sunflower seed oil is commonly used in frying, fast-food prep and packaged and processed foods. It is so prevalent I can almost guarantee you that if a food comes in a package, you'll find sunflower seed oil in the ingredient list. And this is not a good thing.
Sunflower seed oil is very high in omega-6 fatty acids. In some cases, the omega-6 content is as high as 70 percent! If you are currently using sunflower seed oil in your diet, I urge you to stop. It is not good for you at all. It exacerbates the inflammation in your body and puts you at risk for disease.

Paul's Fresh Milk - Full Cream Ingredients: Homogenised and Pasteurised Fresh Full Cream Milk

I would pick full cream fresh milk anytime! Saturated fat does not oxidize easily and does not cause heart disease. The real culprit is the easily oxidized omega-6 vegetable/nut oils.

Omega-6 vegetable oils as a driver of coronary heart disease: the oxidized linoleic acid hypothesis

The intake of omega-6 vegetable oils, particularly soybean oil, began to increase in the USA starting in the early 1900s at a time when the consumption of butter and lard was on the decline.1 This caused a more than two-fold increase in the intake of linoleic acid, the main omega-6 polyunsaturated fat found in vegetable oils, which now makes up around 8% to 10% of total energy intake in the Western world. The omega-6 fat linoleic acid should not be confused with conjugated linoleic acid found in pastured animal foods.

A systematic review of studies measuring the changes in linoleic acid concentration in subcutaneous adipose tissue in the USA revealed an approximate 2.5-fold increase in linoleic acid increasing from 9.1% to 21.5% from 1959 to 2008.2 Importantly, the concentration of linoleic acid in adipose tissue is a reliable marker of intake as the half-life of linoleic acid is approximately 2 years in adipose tissue. The authors of the study also noted that the increase in adipose tissue linoleic paralleled the increase in the prevalence of diabetes, obesity and asthma.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Battery too old and processor is out of date and will soon be unable to handle future iOS revs so I decided to bite the bullet and get a new phone.

Should have waited for the iPhone 12. 5nm chip enhances battery life a lot compared to a 7nm chip.

5nm will be around for a few more years, can't get more future proof than that.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Should have waited for the iPhone 12. 5nm chip enhances battery life a lot compared to a 7nm chip.

5nm will be around for a few more years, can't get more future proof than that.

I'm not willing to pay 4 figures for a phone if I can help it.