• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lucky Plaza Macdonald's closes after 34 years

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad. The only vintage McDonalds outlets I know in that area are: the basement of Parklane mall, and the small one at the basement of Forum Galleria.

The two nostalgic McDonalds outlets in Orchard Rd for me that are no more: Liat Towers (the first McDonalds in the entire SG), and the one at the old Plaza Singapura (at its entrance).

--
Let's see what the McDonalds at Lucky Plaza will be replaced by. Jollibee already exists at the main food court.
I bet a Ceca shop or restaurant will take its place. Noticed lots of local stalls in kopitiam and sgips closed and taken over by Ceca makan or provision shops. Dont know how they can sustain if local shops cant maintain.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bet a Ceca shop or restaurant will take its place. Noticed lots of local stalls in kopitiam and sgips closed and taken over by Ceca makan or provision shops. Dont know how they can sustain if local shops cant maintain.

Don't forget the Tiong businesses too. Scarlett, Luckin, Mixue, Miniso etc.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Easier for CECA shitskins open eateries as they can be a fake front for money-laundering for Rapist-land.

政腐说不可以洗钱, 可是没有说不可以暗地里洗钱。

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember Geylang in the good old days when the "chickens" paraded out in the open after dark.
They all lined up with taking dressing aka ke kanan lo ros followed by pandang ke ha da pan, pandang.

Cheongsters eat ice cream while doing their inspection.

jw5

Loyal
Sad. The only vintage McDonalds outlets I know in that area are: the basement of Parklane mall, and the small one at the basement of Forum Galleria.

The two nostalgic McDonalds outlets in Orchard Rd for me that are no more: Liat Towers (the first McDonalds in the entire SG), and the one at the old Plaza Singapura (at its entrance).

--
Let's see what the McDonalds at Lucky Plaza will be replaced by. Jollibee already exists at the main food court.

There is still a McDonalds at Plaza Singapura. It is on the same floor as KFC and DBS. :cool:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is still a McDonalds at Plaza Singapura. It is on the same floor as KFC and DBS. :cool:

The old McDonalds was at where the Starhub shop is at Plaza Singapura now. It was one of the first things which greeted you as you entered the mall.

jw5

Loyal
The old McDonalds was at where the Starhub shop is at Plaza Singapura now. It was one of the first things which greeted you as you entered the mall.

There is now a Five Guys next to the Starhub shop. Bye Bye McDonald's. :cautious::ninja::biggrin:

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you know whats up with the McDs fries? In mid 90s, they changed from beef tallow/oil to veg oil due to some successful class action suit in US.