• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - After Losing $200k Opening A Cafe In Europe, S’porean Couple Now Hawkers Selling Shiok Nasi Lemak

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
madam_lims_nasi_lemak_holland_drive_food_centre.jpg

https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/ha...djhWlUyU-7ykWLD0E3pmJJ7TII027H9AvWFueUjo-Mr7k

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The wife probably wears the pants in the family. Can tell from the decision to relocate to Edinburgh was probably linked to her previous job as flight attendant. And to do it with young kids in tow, that’s pretty courageous,

Easier to diss them for their stupidity but at least they have the balls most of us don’t have.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Felicia was a flight attendant for over twenty years before opening her own stall. The bubbly hawker recalls: “During my travels, I’ve eaten at many places that serve Singaporean food, but they were always a disappointment. It felt like a shame because Singaporean food is much nicer [than what I’ve tried]. I wanted to open our own place overseas to change that.”

There you go. That is why they lose 200k. May i ask the many places that serve sg food and YOU feel disappointed. But do the native customers at that country feel disappointed or are the eateries there still opening. Clearly, the eateries that serve sg food that pertains to the native taste there, not YOUR SG PREFERRED taste.

You served your sg preferred taste at UK and if it does not feel right with UK people, you are gone.

Learn from her, she is doing pretty well in UK and a Michelin chef too.

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The wife probably wears the pants in the family. Can tell from the decision to relocate to Edinburgh was probably linked to her previous job as flight attendant. And to do it with young kids in tow, that’s pretty courageous,

Easier to diss them for their stupidity but at least they have the balls most of us don’t have.
Yup at this point, relocating anywhere is better than staying put in ceca land

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong place for SG food. Don't need another SG joint in a commonwealth cuntry. There is a Thai joint on every strip mall in west coast of US. This is the place to be. Learn from the Thais

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
T

He stall is known as Madam Lim, which says it all.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of just cafe, they could have opened a kopitiam in europe. Serving classcs such as kaya toast, less sweet version of course, banana fritters, sweet potato fritters, youtiao, teh tarek............plus nasi lemak, curry mee etc.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal

Obviously they are not coolie gene Sinkies who only wait for cdc vouchers.