• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do charity as well. But i not so generous like you sia...:o:o

Just like you i told them too that they must buy their own car and their own house for which they have to work damn damn hard....

Cathy dun you think by the time your kids/my kids get married.... HDB will be close to 600k plus atleast from HDB direct?

How can they get downpayment like that?:confused::confused:

Both adult working for 5 years and frugal in their expenses, plus their bonus and interest on those bonus. Off course you don't expect their salaries to remain stagnant. If yes then its their own fault. And some wise profits from investments. You go and do the calculations. If worse come to worse, don't buy such a big house lor.

Oh yeah. Now in the morning I will point to those on motors and those walking to Singapore to work. And tell them its their fault if they end up like that. No offense but its an eye opener for them.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do charity as well. But i not so generous like you sia...:o:o

Just like you i told them too that they must buy their own car and their own house for which they have to work damn damn hard....

:confused::confused:

Professor, I said this because my son asked my hubby when he is going to let him take over his car and which house he wanna give to him.... :biggrin:

Don't wanna him to end up a good for nothing man.... :biggrin:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lucky they never force MACS people to do the thumb print thingy. Else defeats the purpose of MACS. So now more time needed at entry point to malaysia.

Just when its getting better it gets worse...

that's what i thought, MACS needs no finger print; besides the news report i read in malysian newspaper was oldies and kids were exempted. but on tuesday i came in via 2nd link by bus, and the courteous english-speaking immigration officer asked me to scan fingers and then stick a piece of plastic in my passport, right behind the MACS sticker, and reminded me to show officers whenever i enter immigration to avoid duplicating finger scanning. may be there ia a lack of SOP.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
To those with MACS,

Am I correct to say that I can now apply for MACS online at http://macs.imi.gov.my/NewApplication.do?hdAction=getScreen ?

Also, at the following page: http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/pass/377-malaysia-automated-clearence-system-macs, it was mentioned that:
MACS holders will also be excluded from the requirement of completing the immigration arrival card (IMM.26). Consequently, entry and exit to/from Malaysia records shall be made online and the usage of passport pages for stamping will be minimized.

Does that mean that everytime I enter/exit Malaysia, I still have to fill up the "white card" online, although I do not have to do so physically?

Please advise.

hv MACS close to a year, definitely no need white card fillign, online or real card. at immigration point, some officers scanedn the MACS sticker in my passport, some typed info into their keyboarsd. but a lot of time, officers just take a look and hand it back. i dun think they keep track of where i am

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro.

So is it true that I can now apply for MACS online, instead of going to Danga Bay with my S&P and all?

if u drive and use 2nd link, just stop at CIQ, ask the officers and they will guide u to go to 2nd floor of the building, there ia a special counter to apply, took me 15 minutes to get it, after submitting my passport, a form which i downloaded from the immigration webiste, and paid a fee. quite sure there is blank form that u can get at the counter.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, here goes again.

Actually there are 2 ways to apply for MACS, one is for frequent visitors, you can go straight to CIQ with colour passport sized photos and get it there. The other one, for landed, investors, you can go to Danga bay that side to do, that one you need to bring along your S&P.

I noticed that they started the thumbprint thingy already and many people had to get out of their vehicles to scan their digits, it doesn't apply to MACS holders though.

Hi Wuqi,

thank you for your reply.

Actually I have read what you replied earlier on in page 60 something on this thread. But I am just curious about the online application system. Can it be used for property owners too?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

thank you for your reply.

Actually I have read what you replied earlier on in page 60 something on this thread. But I am just curious about the online application system. Can it be used for property owners too?

hangyong, forget about the online application as it is not like our ICA system. Basically the online "application" is only the provision of a digital copy of the application form. They have since reverted to manual filling up of a hardcopy of the form which is basically almost the same details provided on a white card. Just go there personally, bring along a passport size photo and RM30 and if you are lucky, can be done within half an hour.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Maxpark,

1. what are your opinions about this project?
Im very positive for this project too, being "trapped" between Sky Executive and Sky Loft which provide a high volume of customer flow to this location. Indahwalk3 location is strategically located where you can find most of the banks and amenities within wlaking distance. Where else you can find an office like this in Nusajaya?see this website http://www.indahwalk.com/indah-walk-3.html

2. is this project worth investing for rental income? I understood the selling price is around RM200-250 psf, the maintenance is RM0.25psf.
Very hard to predict at this moment, high end office rental in Johor can range from RM1 to RM2.5 psf. If can get a rent of RM1.5psf, I would consider it's quite a good deal. Looking at more and more investors coming into Bukit Indah, it wont surprise me if rent can go higher. It seems Setia got a plan to make it a high end lifestyle office, targeting tenants like lawyer firm, clinics, marketing firm, travel agency, real estate firm, edu center and etc, I believe these type of tenants are willing to pay higher rental.

3. on one side of the Office complex you have Sky condo. On the other side, three big parcels of empty land. Anyone with any inside info what these empty land will be in future? I know the far end will be SkyLoft but the middle two big parcels of land is still a mystery.
No idea for this mystery land:p

Hope above will poison you more to dive in:biggrin:...

Hi Bujua,

Thanks for your reply and info.
Indeed I'm already 'poisoned' on this project so hopefully this will be a good longterm investment.
I had considered investing in landed properties and shoplots too - but landed decided not to as have to find good tenants and keep 'renovating' when lease is up, whereas shoplots (good ones) are quickly gone, so no chance.
With these office lots, hopefully not so much headache, just handover keys to tenants and they do their own renovations each time, up to their own biz requirements.
Anyway, time will tell.

Anyone else into this IndahWalk3 project? :smile::smile:

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bujua,

Thanks for your reply and info.
Indeed I'm already 'poisoned' on this project so hopefully this will be a good longterm investment.
I had considered investing in landed properties and shoplots too - but landed decided not to as have to find good tenants and keep 'renovating' when lease is up, whereas shoplots (good ones) are quickly gone, so no chance.
With these office lots, hopefully not so much headache, just handover keys to tenants and they do their own renovations each time, up to their own biz requirements.
Anyway, time will tell.

Anyone else into this IndahWalk3 project? :smile::smile:

Oh one more thing to add before i forgot...

The middle two "mystery" plots of land, one of it is rumored to be the new, super modern showroom for a major Jap car distributor, well, thats what I overheard.., caveat emptor! :smile::smile::smile:

bujua

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh one more thing to add before i forgot...

The middle two "mystery" plots of land, one of it is rumored to be the new, super modern showroom for a major Jap car distributor, well, thats what I overheard.., caveat emptor! :smile::smile::smile:

Thanks for the info...should look like this

project_ecowalk.jpg

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
That why. I suspect this issue is being played up for election purpose. I don't see people using cash to buy their flat. The only thing is see in those spoiled and pampered youngster nowadays is they buy branded bags, shoes, clothes, cars, go on holidays regularly, etc...and expect people to help them when its their turn to buy a house for getting married. My pass experience trained me to be frugal in my expenses, allowing only a small budget for luxuries. I cannot bring myself to spent like that...

One young colleague bot a BTO in Punggol 4rm for 420K. 20% downpayment would be 84K.
How can young couples hope to accumulate these amt early in career.. Hope new home development minister will make HDBs affordable for the next generations..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
My kids no computer/playstation/xbox/video games/ninentendo/wii. Strictly decided by my wife and I.

The problem with my kids is they study so hard .... study all the time... that when i get back from work at about 10-11pm they are excited and sneak in to watch TV with me. End up they sleep at 1am like this morning.

Bro, your kids would seem like exception nowadays..
my boy has access to ps2, psp & iphone though we restrict playtime..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
One young colleague bot a BTO in Punggol 4rm for 420K. 20% downpayment would be 84K.
How can young couples hope to accumulate these amt early in career.. Hope new home development minister will make HDBs affordable for the next generations..

420k for 4 rm BTO? That sounds high, is it one of those with waterfront view? Heard Punggol got special waterfront design flats..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Professor, I said this because my son asked my hubby when he is going to let him take over his car and which house he wanna give to him.... :biggrin:

Don't wanna him to end up a good for nothing man.... :biggrin:

Must tell your son the car only valid for 10 years, not long enough to pass to him..:biggrin:

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share.

We got conned by durian sellers recently. Three of them selling durians from a van. We bought 4 durians. They did not weigh them individually, but place them in a big brown bag. Total weight came to about 14 kg. My parents were surprised, but when we carry the bag it did feel heavy. They were quite fierce, so we didn't argue much except to ask for some discount.

When we reached home, there were extra 4 durians in the bag (edible, but lower quality) ! So foolish of us. When we share our story with our neighbours, we found out that a few of them also got conned in the same way....

Durian season is here, do be more alert. Ask for the durians to be weighed individually ..

Durian sellers are mostly crooks. In fact a lot of roadside fruit stall sellers are crooks. There are those who walk around with their fruits at coffee shops. The only exception is where the roadside stall is permanently located at a specific place. eg. there is a durian stall outside one of the nursery on the way to Sutera Mall. Even then they are overpriced and they try to oversell. I have bought from roadside stalls pameloes, durians, mangoes, etc... the only time i got decent fruits were the mangoes.

Not that you can't buy from roadside stall but be wary of their techniques of showing you something that looks like a good deal, then the 30 seconds after you decided to purchase they either pick another fruit for you or sneak in some lower quality ones. Blady crooks.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
How was last night Cathy?

Its gonna take awhile before you strike a deal with the mosquitoes.

It took me a long time before i finally struck a deal with them.

Ha ha.

Fogging does not work. So no point in complaining to RC about the mosquitoes i figured.

Is there alot of mosquitoes in JB? So far I've only been bitten once in HH vacant house with water in the toilet bowl..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Must tell your son the car only valid for 10 years, not long enough to pass to him..:biggrin:

Actually if you have a MY car, you can leave it for future generations. I have seen cars that my dad drove my grandpa in when he was young still being driven around.

There are mosquitoes in HH as with everywhere else, i have some electric devices to keep them away but mostly we don't have much of an issue.

As for MACS, its still a manual process and you have to bring photos and of course your passport there to do it.

Current rental pricing for HH in RM
For HH, Terrace wise ranges from unfurnished at the lowest end 1600 - 2700 for fully furnished. Highest i know of is 3000

Cluster wise, unfurnished, its from 2800 RM onwards

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today slept at 1220am i mean the kids...

Had their regular dose of chinese tuition...

I start very young bro...

When they are in nursery... So by the time they move on to K1 and K2 and then on to Pri 1 they know by default what is expected of them.

i dun have any problems with my P2/K2 kids... They know whats expected and do it...

Problem is with the youngest one who is in Nursery.... She just writes a couple of Chinese characters and then stares into space.... So she needs a lot of coaxing/cajoling/discipling and then yes she completes her work too.

Bro, your kids would seem like exception nowadays..
my boy has access to ps2, psp & iphone though we restrict playtime..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was what i was trying to tell Cathy.

Now already 420 k for 4 room.

Just imagine 10 years from now.

Just imagine 20 years from now?

Closer to 800k i guess?

how can young couples get the required downpayment?

Not a small sum.

Most jobs in Spore are not fantastic and dun pay a lot... And for starters even less.

Interest rates in Spore suck big time

No way they can make that amount....

This was what i was telling my wife too..

420k for 4 rm BTO? That sounds high, is it one of those with waterfront view? Heard Punggol got special waterfront design flats..

Status
Not open for further replies.