• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
To those with MACS,

Am I correct to say that I can now apply for MACS online at http://macs.imi.gov.my/NewApplication.do?hdAction=getScreen ?

Also, at the following page: http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/pass/377-malaysia-automated-clearence-system-macs, it was mentioned that:
MACS holders will also be excluded from the requirement of completing the immigration arrival card (IMM.26). Consequently, entry and exit to/from Malaysia records shall be made online and the usage of passport pages for stamping will be minimized.

Does that mean that everytime I enter/exit Malaysia, I still have to fill up the "white card" online, although I do not have to do so physically?

Please advise.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
School results my 2c. Again fully dependent on how the parents raise their child. Seriously. Apart from the occassional cleaner/bus driver/ taxi drivers son who gets scholarship/strikes it big in government/private service...generally its hard to see kids doing well without parental involvement.

<<No offence to any one in these occupations but thats the term the newspapers use for reporting as well>>

Parents have to sit down, find the time and teach their kids. Should never rely on tuition. It never works. And even if you have tuition you should have a hawks eye on the tutor and your kids and be prepared to sack the tutor if he/she is irresponsible.

My neighbour has a tutor for Eng/Math/Chi 3x a week. The tutor hardly makes it once a week. Its not possible for a child to progress without systematic tutoring from the parents/tutors.

There are some parents who wish this away by saying
1) "Hi ya my son only can do so much. So i cant pressurise him leh" Surely such case end up in Poly/ITE
2) Others who say "Let my child enjoy their childhood. I have the money. When the time comes if cannot go JC/U in spore, il send them to JC/U in USA/Oz land" This is ok since the parent has the money and ofcourse the child gets to go JC and later Uni. Possibly not a good upbringing as the parent is not present to back the child up at every situation in later life.

Im not suggesting to be a Tiger mum but yes you have to sit down with them daily. Im tired too. But i sit down with them daily and go through their work.

Its painful to see them work so hard.

Then how about school results? :(

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
No bro.... No need to fill anything.

And ofcourse they do not scan your passports either.

To those with MACS,

Am I correct to say that I can now apply for MACS online at http://macs.imi.gov.my/NewApplication.do?hdAction=getScreen ?

Also, at the following page: http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/pass/377-malaysia-automated-clearence-system-macs, it was mentioned that:
MACS holders will also be excluded from the requirement of completing the immigration arrival card (IMM.26). Consequently, entry and exit to/from Malaysia records shall be made online and the usage of passport pages for stamping will be minimized.

Does that mean that everytime I enter/exit Malaysia, I still have to fill up the "white card" online, although I do not have to do so physically?

Please advise.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak you dun need S&P sia....

Just go to the CIQ office at Causeway and the officers will guide you to the right place.

1) Make sure your Sg passport has 2 years validity
2) Take photographs
3) Be prepared to wait. Dun fret if their printer/system break down:biggrin::biggrin:
4) Address in Malaysia ( i mean your home address)

Thats all sia.

and ofcourse Rm to pay for the Macs

Thanks bro.

So is it true that I can now apply for MACS online, instead of going to Danga Bay with my S&P and all?

Last edited:

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just go to the CIQ office at Causeway and the officers will guide you to the right place.

2) Take photographs
3) Be prepared to wait. Dun fret if their printer/system break down:biggrin::biggrin:

Thats all sia.

Wah kaoz.... then the imi.gov.my page is damn outdated siah...

The checklist for MACS applications are as follows:

New application/Renewal/Lost/Stolen Case

Completed application form
Supporting documents :-
o Relevant Long Term Immigration Pass (not applicable for Category A)
o Entry Visa (where applicable)
o Official receipt / letter of company sponsor (only applicable for applicants under IRDA category)
o Sales and Purchase / Land Title (where applicable - only applicable for applicants under IRDA category)
Photograph (1) – passport size
Original Passport
RM 30.00 processing fee per year (cash in RM only)

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal

2) Take photographs

Thats all sia.

by the way, bro, you mean home address in Singapore, right?

And just inquiring, my wife is a SPR, and holds multiple entry visa to Malaysia. Can she apply for MACS too?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do charity as well. But i not so generous like you sia...:o:o

Just like you i told them too that they must buy their own car and their own house for which they have to work damn damn hard....

Cathy dun you think by the time your kids/my kids get married.... HDB will be close to 600k plus atleast from HDB direct?

How can they get downpayment like that?:confused::confused:

Like that also can? :smile: Anyway, I have told them that all my asset will go to charities after I'm gone. If they wanna have their own car, their own house, best work hard and buy it themselves! :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, here goes again.

Actually there are 2 ways to apply for MACS, one is for frequent visitors, you can go straight to CIQ with colour passport sized photos and get it there. The other one, for landed, investors, you can go to Danga bay that side to do, that one you need to bring along your S&P.

I noticed that they started the thumbprint thingy already and many people had to get out of their vehicles to scan their digits, it doesn't apply to MACS holders though.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
No they never asked me for S&P etc...

Not even my utility bills.

Oh yea the month you plan to apply for MACS the previous month must have minimum FOUR chops on your passport.

Thats what they told me

Wah kaoz.... then the imi.gov.my page is damn outdated siah...

The checklist for MACS applications are as follows:

New application/Renewal/Lost/Stolen Case

Completed application form
Supporting documents :-
o Relevant Long Term Immigration Pass (not applicable for Category A)
o Entry Visa (where applicable)
o Official receipt / letter of company sponsor (only applicable for applicants under IRDA category)
o Sales and Purchase / Land Title (where applicable - only applicable for applicants under IRDA category)
Photograph (1) – passport size
Original Passport
RM 30.00 processing fee per year (cash in RM only)

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
"":smile::smile:Wuqi, why did you become professor Emeritus?:smile::smile:"

Ok, here goes again.

Actually there are 2 ways to apply for MACS, one is for frequent visitors, you can go straight to CIQ with colour passport sized photos and get it there. The other one, for landed, investors, you can go to Danga bay that side to do, that one you need to bring along your S&P.

I noticed that they started the thumbprint thingy already and many people had to get out of their vehicles to scan their digits, it doesn't apply to MACS holders though.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The invisible grille is a good thing, looks neat and helps to preserve the view etc. It isn't that strong through as we wanted to do this for one of our units but our contractor said not to as its easier to gain access through these grilles than the normal ones. Having a good cctv system will help together with wrought iron or stainless steel grilles.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lucky they never force MACS people to do the thumb print thingy. Else defeats the purpose of MACS. So now more time needed at entry point to malaysia.

Just when its getting better it gets worse...

Ok, here goes again.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrought iron or stainless steel definitely good.

The invisible grille is a good thing, looks neat and helps to preserve the view etc. It isn't that strong through as we wanted to do this for one of our units but our contractor said not to as its easier to gain access through these grilles than the normal ones. Having a good cctv system will help together with wrought iron or stainless steel grilles.

Status
Not open for further replies.