• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u drive and use 2nd link, just stop at CIQ, ask the officers and they will guide u to go to 2nd floor of the building, there ia a special counter to apply, took me 15 minutes to get it, after submitting my passport, a form which i downloaded from the immigration webiste, and paid a fee. quite sure there is blank form that u can get at the counter.

thanks for the information. I have to get my passport stamped first, and ask that officer, am I right?

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
hangyong, forget about the online application as it is not like our ICA system. Basically the online "application" is only the provision of a digital copy of the application form. They have since reverted to manual filling up of a hardcopy of the form which is basically almost the same details provided on a white card. Just go there personally, bring along a passport size photo and RM30 and if you are lucky, can be done within half an hour.

THank you very much toyohon!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must tell your son the car only valid for 10 years, not long enough to pass to him..:biggrin:

Kids today are not easy to bluff. His friend told him can renew for another 10years. He ask hubby to renew for him and buy himself a new car. :biggrin:

Even the whole process of selection, buying, renting, etc...The kids are watching. Now he can tell us he will first buy a HDB to rent out first. So those who have children, better be careful of what you do. Children are your mirror. They learned fast. With the right mindset that you instill into them when they are young, what you do now, they will duplicate it faster then you do now.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....There are mosquitoes in HH as with everywhere else, i have some electric devices to keep them away but mostly we don't have much of an issue.....

Wuqi, will you kindly share with us what kind of devices keeps the mosquitoes away? Best if with a photo.

Thanks in advance for the tip.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
the new ndm = kbw asked the elderly to go jb ha ha...

Yeah. And we guai guai listen to him. Come here and 'chop' place early to avoid the crowd. LOL!

Seriously, its a good idea wat! Actually no need to wait until we are old to come here. Don't understand why some people got so mad about the suggestion. :biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was what i was trying to tell Cathy.

Now already 420 k for 4 room.

Just imagine 10 years from now.

Just imagine 20 years from now?

Closer to 800k i guess?

how can young couples get the required downpayment?

Not a small sum.

Most jobs in Spore are not fantastic and dun pay a lot... And for starters even less.

Interest rates in Spore suck big time

No way they can make that amount....

This was what i was telling my wife too..

If you work in JB, try getting a terrace house in JB and you will find the same problem. Which is evidence by the tens of thousands of motorcycles going to Singapore to work. The same with China, HongKong, Thailand, Cambodia, and even Phillipines(I just had a chat with one of my Phillipino tenent). Its the same everywhere.

If you have to be geographically bounded, when you depend on somebody to pay you a salary, you will only be paid just enough to stay there. And its the same everywhere too. Singaporeans have gotta to learn it by now. But most did not.

With all the modern technologies like internet, airplanes, etc.....geographical location has gotten smaller. So much so that working and staying in another country is but a matter of getting used to. And if you can break this phyco barrier, I don't see why we can't acheive more in life.

See it for yourself. The place is over developed, land is scarce, saturation in every field. Even without foreigners, even if you elected a brand new government, it ia not going to help much. The only thing that will help, IMHO, is something like a Fukushima tsunami, that destroy everything, and start it from scratch. (touchwood!)

KBW is right. If you open up your heart and listen. His roots are from Malaysia. He has his views. Not far off from most of us here. Instead of hoping for superman to come to our rescue, we can do something for ourself, we can go to somewhere else and have a better quality of life!

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was what i was trying to tell Cathy.

Now already 420 k for 4 room.

Just imagine 10 years from now.

Just imagine 20 years from now?

Closer to 800k i guess?

how can young couples get the required downpayment?

Not a small sum.

Most jobs in Spore are not fantastic and dun pay a lot... And for starters even less.

Interest rates in Spore suck big time

No way they can make that amount....

This was what i was telling my wife too..

Just my personal sharing & opinion... it's really tough if you dun start early what i meant was i remember during my school holidays, i would go look for short term jobs that can pay me some allowance but also help me top in my cpf. I remember one of my boss said this to me who actually is a Dr , i'll give you slightly lower salary but i'll bank in the cpf for you so that next time you can use it to buy house. I'm thankful of her to have such a kind tot. Yes it may not be alot but start with something small. I also fully agree with some folks here... which youngsters once grad from school receive a "fanstastic" pay package??? The usual start off pay is ard $1.6-1.8k unless you go for more tedious working hrs which may get ard 2K and more. In fact some of my classmates are still in the less than 3k salary pack, not incl bonus. I feel that houses at such cost is very very scary. No wonder many young ones stay late in offices, more medical problems, more mental problems and how to build relationships like this??? It's really very saddening. I guess this ends up more than just personal, social but indeed a national issue that we may face in such a MODERN world.
Signz....

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also fully agree with some folks here... which youngsters once grad from school receive a "fanstastic" pay package??? The usual start off pay is ard $1.6-1.8k unless you go for more tedious working hrs which may get ard 2K and more.

I offered $2.4K to fresh grad for an Engineering Exec position, and he rejected saying pay too low...

There are still people thinking that pay is very high in Singapore...

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi, will you kindly share with us what kind of devices keeps the mosquitoes away? Best if with a photo. Thanks in advance for the tip.

Jumping in here with some little tips:
1. Get rid of ALL water collected in flower pots, pools, curved containers outside or inside; flush toilets that are not used that often. Keep an eye out for breeding places on the plants eg in heliconias & traveler's palms. Guppies do eat the eggs if not overfed.
2. Spray only Mortein, other brands may be harmful - check this out yourself.
3. Mosquito coils do work - but the price is the smoke in your lungs.
4. Same [smoke in lungs] with candles strongly infused with citronella; and citronella oil burnt with an inserted wick in a nice pot. Smells really good, of course.
5. Elder flower drink concentrate sold by Ikea works too - risk is the sugar ... sigh ... nothing is perfect!
6. There are many products like Deet that work well ... risk is chemicals on the skin.
7. Old fashioned mosquito nets, which can be very attractive and fashionable, and insect screens on doors and windows, also do a good job.
8. Yes, it is worse after rain.
I favour mosquito nets myself.
Dengue and Malaria are not that common, but they are a risk in Johor. Malaria is not common in Singapore.
It's one of the things we have all contended with for hundreds of years.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
A
I offered $2.4K to fresh grad for an Engineering Exec position, and he rejected saying pay too low...

There are still people thinking that pay is very high in Singapore...

Aircon technician starts at $1400-1500. Aircon Sifu pays more then $3k. Sadly speaking, no Singaporeans want the job and so most work will have to go to those Johoreans that cross the border with a motor bike daily.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
While we wait for Wuqi to reply here is something i saw at Popular....

http://www.olee.com.sg/prod_pestcontrol_UltimateAT.html

They claim it repells many pests. Not sure how effective it is though.

If anyone has any experience please let us know...

Got one of this device for my HH hse , it is suppose to be effective for upto 5000 sqft home and the one I bought specifically for anti-lizards (can't stand the dropping). Result: lesser population but they are still around. Conclusion : not so effective. Bought mine from DIY Singapore , about S$40. I think the anti-lizard paint more effective.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah. And we guai guai listen to him. Come here and 'chop' place early to avoid the crowd. LOL!

Seriously, its a good idea wat! Actually no need to wait until we are old to come here. Don't understand why some people got so mad about the suggestion. :biggrin:

He allowed CPF (Medisave) to be used in M'sia hospitals, now that he's gone to MND, Sporeans would be able to use their CPF to buy houses in Msia! Housing problems solved with an added option just like health! :biggrin:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
420k for 4 rm BTO? That sounds high, is it one of those with waterfront view? Heard Punggol got special waterfront design flats..

Dunno man.. maybe i that is a 5rm instead..
but the couple is in mid 20s.. just ard 2 years after graduation..
key collection sometime in 2013..

Status
Not open for further replies.